Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Find a nice guild
Impossible. ^

I wish there were more choices for guilds.

All 2 of the starter guilds on p99 have crap names (I could never run around with that tag on my head) and all the raid guilds are full of greedy bloodsucking neckbeards.

I have found to enjoy raid guilds on P99 you have to have a ton of tolerance dealing with other people's BS. If you can manage that, you will be alright in a raid guild and should have np gobbling up some raid pixels.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Impossible. ^

All 2 of the starter guilds on p99 have crap names (I could never run around with that tag on my head) and all the raid guilds are full of greedy bloodsucking neckbeards.

I have found to enjoy raid guilds on P99 you have to have a ton of tolerance dealing with other people's BS. If you can manage that, you will be alright in a raid guild and should have np gobbling up some raid pixels.
I dunno. I have definitely been in a couple different guilds since starting on P99. I think I've finally found a good fit. Some of the others I have been in I would agree with your assessment but I think you can still find some viable options depending on your personality. I think some of the issues are also just the amount of folks who are not interested in meeting new people or teaching new people and just want hassle free pixels.
Herbila - Warrior
Old 11-28-2017, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you can still find some viable options depending on your personality. I think some of the issues are also just the amount of folks who are not interested in meeting new people or teaching new people and just want hassle free pixels.
I agree with this. A lot has to do with the player's personality and then the part you mention of wanting hassle free pixels aka greedy neckbeards. The only thing that matters to some is pixels.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There just seems to be a lot less ppl in seb recently. I've been able to log in and get crypt solo pretty consistent even sometimes within prime time hours. Maybe people are more focused on raiding now? In any case as most people have mentioned necros are so powerful you don't really need a group and you could start a small group that could easily do c/e bc as a necro you can charm at c/e (if you were a super well geared lvl 60 im sure you could solo crypt really). Or just watch ssederix (sp) howling stones videos and fly to 60 solo in that zone
Watched a friend solo his necro 51-60 in a week in HS during kunark

Definitely some good xp there
Old 11-28-2017, 01:37 PM
Fire Giant

Need to make a bloodpact with a cleric or enchanter. That will get you a group
Old 11-28-2017, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Impossible. ^

I had this perspective too for awhile, but look: there are 12 casual/non-raid guilds in the wiki (and more that aren't in it), and you can't hate all their names right? There are also 9 non-A/A raid guilds, and if you haven't joined or grouped with several members of all nine of them you don't really know them right?

I played for years on this server without ever joining a guild. I got to level 60, got my Epic, etc. all without a guild. And then once I hit level 60 I finally decided to join a guild, and after I did I had one thought: why didn't I do this sooner!

Guilds on P99 are not just full of greedy neckbeards. Of course, everyone wants "pixels", because we are playing a game and that's what the game is about, but everyone is also a human being too. Try more guilds and I can all but guarantee you'll find some people you enjoy playing the game with (eg. Anonymous is a cool bunch .... and we're recruiting ... just saying ...)

P.S. On the "you have to have a ton of tolerance dealing with other people's BS", I think that's true of any human interaction whatsoever. While I admit guilds are more social than playing EQ solo, they're really not that much more social, and as long as you join a DKP guild and not a loot council one the most "BS" you'll have to tolerate is someone saying something stupid or offensive in guild chat every once in a blue moon.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 11-28-2017 at 02:08 PM..
Old 11-28-2017, 02:21 PM
Fire Giant

Do people often find themselves being "looked down on" in Seb? I love playing with newer players in Seb, or ALS players. I love showing people the ropes, as Seb is my favorite zone in any mmo. The only time a "new" player would drive me nuts in a group, is if like, a monk said they know how to pull king and don't. Or if they just won't listen to instructions/are unresponsive. Other than that, it's all gravy! I'm surprised to hear people have issues there.
Old 11-28-2017, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKoopa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Watched a friend solo his necro 51-60 in a week in HS during kunark

Definitely some good xp there
It's ridiculously good once you get the hang of it. It gets boring and then you're a lvl 60 necro that nobody knows because you never grouped.
Old 11-28-2017, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had this perspective too for awhile, but look: there are 12 casual/non-raid guilds in the wiki (and more that aren't in it), and you can't hate all their names right? There are also 9 non-A/A raid guilds, and if you haven't joined or grouped with several members of all nine of them you don't really know them right?

I played for years on this server without ever joining a guild. I got to level 60, got my Epic, etc. all without a guild. And then once I hit level 60 I finally decided to join a guild, and after I did I had one thought: why didn't I do this sooner!

Guilds on P99 are not just full of greedy neckbeards. Of course, everyone wants "pixels", because we are playing a game and that's what the game is about, but everyone is also a human being too. Try more guilds and I can all but guarantee you'll find some people you enjoy playing the game with (eg. Anonymous is a cool bunch .... and we're recruiting ... just saying ...)

P.S. On the "you have to have a ton of tolerance dealing with other people's BS", I think that's true of any human interaction whatsoever. While I admit guilds are more social than playing EQ solo, they're really not that much more social, and as long as you join a DKP guild and not a loot council one the most "BS" you'll have to tolerate is someone saying something stupid or offensive in guild chat every once in a blue moon.
You know I actually socialize with more A/A people and some other higher tier players which is doesn't really make much sense seeing I am unguilded and I also do not enjoy raiding or the lvl 60 activities.

I understand your point. I just despise bouncing around guilds trying them all out.

I found in the past when I did guild I hated it. After a few months, I found myself not even wanting to play my toons anymore.

When I left all guilds, I found I could log on any toon and interact/group with whoever I wanted whenever I wanted. I felt like I had total freedom!

Once I was unguilded, I had no desperate urgings to run to raid mobs at any give moment. No BS over loots or secret tells from some greedy neckbeard begging me for a loot item I rolled on and won fair and square. No lofty expectations I had of what I thought a guild should be like only to drown in a mire of disappointments.

I just think some people value total autonomy and my personal experience has been guilds take that away from the player. I also joined guilds where none of my pals were in them, so that added to more of a desolate feeling and I didn't really care for the people I did meet from the guilds I was in.

Ironically, I was unguilded when going to Seb on my shaman, and I had no issues finding groups 75% of the time. Occasionally I couldn't find a group, but more often than not I did when I tried Seb. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-28-2017, 11:36 PM
Orc

Usually when I got to Seb, it's to duo with my chanter with my cleric friend. Sometimes it's fun to just duo, but more often then not we'll pick up random people LFG if there's a camp open. We don't have any problem inviting necros.

Like others have said, it's more of the quality of the person joining us rather than whatever class they are. We've even picked up more than one necro. They can mez and help keep the camp locked down, twitch the cleric (or chanter) and otherwise do some great DPS as long as their pet behaves.

So it's kind of a unique perspective that a cleric/chanter duo can do so much with just a duo that everything else is gravy, and everything stacks with that. Last time there, my friend swapped out his cleric for his warrior and we picked up a cleric, and she won the roll for a heiro cloak.

That's another thing: yeah there's lots of friend groups and duo/trios of people who mostly just want loot, but some friend groups are happy to roll for loot with random cool people. Not everyone is just out for themselves.

Sometimes we get that rare douche, or the group doesn't click, or the stars just don't align, and we'll go back to our duo with no hard feelings. So it's nice to have that foundation of having a few friends who have known each other from live in the early 2000s.

I just got my necro to 50 with the last of the bonus XP! Honestly, necro is the class I play most of the time when I don't feel like grouping. It's not that I'm against grouping him, it's just that the XP comes so easy, I don't really try that hard to find a group. A necro is almost a group unto himself.
Closed Thread