Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 08:58 PM
Planar Protector

Front stun immunity is so overrated.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopped [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was pretty clear in my funds I hope. 10k to start means I will most likely not be able to afford anything high end for a VERY long time. I won't have a fungi or jbb or torpor unless I get chosen out of the countless other shaman who will be better geared to begin with for a raid spot that gets me some crazy drop. So race choice should be considered as casual I suppose since my odds of raiding are slim.
In that case I'd still recommend troll or iksar. People scream about iksars being terrible shamans but that's mostly because of JBB issues and lots of people will never afford one anyway. And besides, the epic is way more useful than JBB. Iksar have access to some pretty sweet no-drop armor that big races can't wear (Jarsath Scale I think it's called, drops in KC), have the most convenient Kunark city and have an innate AC bonus.

The reason people talk about stun immunity and ogres etc. is because with top-end gear and torpor shaman can solo big mobs like some dragons in Velious. Regen becomes irrelevant because of torpor. Truth is, only a minority of shaman will be able to do this anyway so you might as well go with a regen race because the benefits are both immediate and very noticable.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:51 PM
Aviak

Problem with going Iksar is I started buying gear and got a few pieces of jaundiced but it's totally sellable. I'll have to think about it since I have never leveled in Kunark either.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:02 PM
Planar Protector

Just don't go iksar
Old 01-08-2014, 11:32 PM
Aviak

Think I'll go ogre just because the idea of not being stunned mid cast on anything sounds pretty sweet as well as the melee stats. Was able to pick up a Poison Wind Censer and slime coated harpoon pretty cheap so those should last me a good long while, just need a shield now.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Front stun immunity is so overrated.
This. You won't always be tanking and it won't always be frontal arc. But you will always need more regen.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:48 AM
Planar Protector

Frontal stun immunity is something people will say who have never actually played an ogre shaman. It's all hearsay
Old 01-09-2014, 02:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just don't go iksar
Troll better if you want to go iksar. Bobbarian if you want to look like a stylish king.

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 01-09-2014, 02:29 AM
Sarnak

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Frontal stun immunity is something people will say who have never actually played an ogre shaman. It's all hearsay
I play an Ogre Shaman and I am 60. I would recommend Ogre based on stun immunity. I played Barbarian Shaman on live and when I came here it was an easy choice. I don't regret anything. Remember although a slowed mob may only kick or bash every 30 seconds, what happens when your slow resists and that mob rushes you? What happens when you have 2,3, or 4 mobs in camp and multiple mobs are kicking/bashing and may or may not be slowed. People that say that slow makes Frontal Stun moot are ignoring many, many factors.

If you never plan to get Torpor/Fungi, Go Troll. Plate, Diety based clicky, Natural Fungi, alot better for casual play.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:36 AM
Aviak

I dont think I would get it within the life span of the toon really fungi is 100k torpor 120k JBB another 45k... can I earn 260k+pp by 60? lol
Closed Thread