Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 08:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Human Cleric is quite reasonably solid, even if it's not a popular minmax choice.
I detest minmax character choice. I rolled an Erudite wiz because I remember being jealous of my friend with one in live and I rolled an iksar monk because I never toured Cabilis and liked the idea of regen as well. I made and deleted a human cleric based solely because of the problems ive had getting jumped by mobs while medding on my wizard. If there was an RP server, like there was on live, i'd totally have a human there because who'd want to RP a halfling cleric? lol

Still, human cleric appeals to me. I might just remake him and play the halfling as well until i decide.

Once again, your input is appreciated

<Infernus> Oceanic Guild of Champions
Old 02-19-2015, 08:19 PM
Sarnak

Some points overlooked -

Gnome - looking thru walls is easiest on gnome (far superior than dwarf/halfling imo)

Brells clerics - Dwarf/Gnome - Awesome armor (if you have plat) and eventually a summon beer neck!

Innoruuk clerics - Dark Elf/Human - Snare neck (Ele forgot the human) - its a sk/nec low lvl spell, so doesnt last super long, but can be neat

High Elf clerics - best cha, useful if you like to lull around dungeons

Strength - This is a concern as a plate class. Most clr str is horrid tho, sorta leaves you with dwarf and human as the better options.

Wisdom - This is useful as it allows you to faster/easier swap to resist or hp gear.

Cultural -
Brell/Dwarf - Gnome/Dwarf usable, good stuff! Expensive!
Tunare/High Elf - Has some wis, useful in a couple of slots, has some MR
Human plate - some great stats, expensive! (Gold version stuff i think)
Human imbued plate -
Innoruuk is middling wis, very expensive
Emarr is simply outstanding imo - its super cheap and gives a large chunk of wis, plus some cha, minor amount of str, pink in color tho
Karana - large chunk of wis, dex, small amount of str
Rodcet Nife - large chunk of wis, some sta, minor amount of cha
Rallos Zek - no wis, great on str/sta
Bertox - too expensive

Sneak - amazing, can bank and quest stuff so much easier
Hide - useful for afking in some areas
Robes - Only 3-4 robes available, most you won't see, not a huge consideration imo

Tunare worshiper - There is a special quest for Tunare worshipers in Velious - cleric I think is a wrist.

Erudite/Humans - Aside from a few super cheap cultural options depending on deity, you get access to the Erudite Terror/Dread/Fright quests as a human if you faction. These are some pretty neat pieces.

Melee stats - If you want str/sta/etc - dwarf by far, good wis too. Barrell roll graphic.

Short races - Some issues with steps and ledges. This is worse in Velious, but also applies to some areas now, a few places in Kunark/VP come to mind.

Overall Good Options -
Brell Dwarf - melee stats & good wis (other perks above)
Tunare High Elf - highest wis & cha, tunare quest
Halfling - fastest leveling & sneak/hide
Inny Human - snare neck, decent all around stats, non-kos in tons of places, erudite quests
Emarr/Rodcet Nife Human - decent all around status, great armor set (9.5k for all non-jewelry pieces) - i personally prefer the cha on emarr greatly

Erudite - decent stats, just not sure theres a stand-out reason to play
Gnomes - worst wis/str, looks cool as heck, xray vision is great, tinkering, but not great when compared to any race
Other Deities not listed - nothing really stands out for them
Old 02-19-2015, 10:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Their longshanks and pale skin are ugly! They forgot what it was like to farm and live in the earth and turn to their books instead. bah!

And the wings when Male high elves wear plate, ugly!

and the awful Velious custom helms, cat hats and cone heads, barf.
Naw, naw, naw.. Cat helmets are freakin' awesome. Do not listen to this tomfoolery.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wycca [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some points overlooked -

Gnome - looking thru walls is easiest on gnome (far superior than dwarf/halfling imo)

Brells clerics - Dwarf/Gnome - Awesome armor (if you have plat) and eventually a summon beer neck!

Innoruuk clerics - Dark Elf/Human - Snare neck (Ele forgot the human) - its a sk/nec low lvl spell, so doesnt last super long, but can be neat

High Elf clerics - best cha, useful if you like to lull around dungeons

Strength - This is a concern as a plate class. Most clr str is horrid tho, sorta leaves you with dwarf and human as the better options.

Wisdom - This is useful as it allows you to faster/easier swap to resist or hp gear.

Cultural -
Brell/Dwarf - Gnome/Dwarf usable, good stuff! Expensive!
Tunare/High Elf - Has some wis, useful in a couple of slots, has some MR
Human plate - some great stats, expensive! (Gold version stuff i think)
Human imbued plate -
Innoruuk is middling wis, very expensive
Emarr is simply outstanding imo - its super cheap and gives a large chunk of wis, plus some cha, minor amount of str, pink in color tho
Karana - large chunk of wis, dex, small amount of str
Rodcet Nife - large chunk of wis, some sta, minor amount of cha
Rallos Zek - no wis, great on str/sta
Bertox - too expensive

Sneak - amazing, can bank and quest stuff so much easier
Hide - useful for afking in some areas
Robes - Only 3-4 robes available, most you won't see, not a huge consideration imo

Tunare worshiper - There is a special quest for Tunare worshipers in Velious - cleric I think is a wrist.

Erudite/Humans - Aside from a few super cheap cultural options depending on deity, you get access to the Erudite Terror/Dread/Fright quests as a human if you faction. These are some pretty neat pieces.

Melee stats - If you want str/sta/etc - dwarf by far, good wis too. Barrell roll graphic.

Short races - Some issues with steps and ledges. This is worse in Velious, but also applies to some areas now, a few places in Kunark/VP come to mind.

Overall Good Options -
Brell Dwarf - melee stats & good wis (other perks above)
Tunare High Elf - highest wis & cha, tunare quest
Halfling - fastest leveling & sneak/hide
Inny Human - snare neck, decent all around stats, non-kos in tons of places, erudite quests
Emarr/Rodcet Nife Human - decent all around status, great armor set (9.5k for all non-jewelry pieces) - i personally prefer the cha on emarr greatly

Erudite - decent stats, just not sure theres a stand-out reason to play
Gnomes - worst wis/str, looks cool as heck, xray vision is great, tinkering, but not great when compared to any race
Other Deities not listed - nothing really stands out for them
<mind overload>

More to consider. Confirming halfling I'm 90% sure. I'm not sure this will ever get to 60, but I can never discount the option of loving it and not doing anything else ever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 02-20-2015, 07:51 AM
Sarnak

I play a dark elf cleric of Innoruuk; everyone hates me and that just makes me stronger...
Old 02-20-2015, 08:02 AM
Sarnak

Tunare High elf for only http://wiki.project1999.com/The_Four_Idols
Brell Dwarf for only innate +5 MR
Halfling for sneak (I know of someone who has a highly geared 60 dwarf cleric, remake as now a highly geared halfling for just for the sneak) Be a brell for the dwarf armor now.
Human only Bertoxx or Mith Mar for the Imbue jewelry, http://wiki.project1999.com/Terror_Forged_Mask, and http://wiki.project1999.com/Mask_of_the_Tundra_Walker
Gnome Bertoxx for the imbue jewelry.

Dark elf is overrated. The snare neck is overrated, and also nobody uses any of their "special neck" necklaces.
Anything an erudite can use a human can use with faction work.
All culture armor will be shit canned come velious. Dwarf is pretty good now as is High elf. Human is meh depending on the deity. But again, none of the armors matter in velious.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArumTP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All culture armor will be shit canned come velious. Dwarf is pretty good now as is High elf. Human is meh depending on the deity. But again, none of the armors matter in velious.
That totally depends on how you're playing. For a somewhat casual approach to levelling the ability to start out with 170-ish wis, solid AC, and decent HP on an "affordable" twink was very nice. Hero Bracers, plat fire rings, plat ruby veil, adamantite epaulets, cracked darkwood shield, springwood club, Forest Loops, and the rest Imbued Field Plate (Karana) worked out great and that will still be true come Velious.

Who really cares that wis is not very efficient for boosting mana at low level? 170 wis is GREAT for getting skill-ups quickly and the extra mana certainly didn't hurt when I misjudged how tough a mob would be to solo or I was grouped with people learning to play their classes (or learning to play EQ at all) and the situation threatened to go pear-shaped. That gear is plenty good enough to wear until you're getting better stuff from drops&quests, the +str pieces are nice for getting around while carrying a bit of coin and loot without being overweight until you replace the plate with better dropped/quested pieces that also aren't so damned heavy.

Sure, if you're planning to buy PL & Chardok AE to get 60 as fast as possible go ahead and consider only what you'll be using after six-months of heavy raiding. If you're actually planning to play the character through the levelling you might want to look at it a bit differently tho.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:52 PM
Kobold

Considering that my main hasnt yet hit 60, and the character I made to replace my main isnt 60 yet either, I'm just enjoying the journey (thats the saying right?)

My new cleric will be for fun and probably beat my current main to 60, but that'll take ages. There is no rush

Old 02-20-2015, 08:58 PM
Sarnak

Full suit of dwarf stuff will run 50k
High elf isn't even sold anymore due to prohibitive costs in making it.
Human suit costs like 9k with the cheap deities.

If you want to be cheap you slum with a mix of drops(seb scale cheap and good), then go purple planar.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:24 PM
Sarnak

100% Confirmed that Mask of the Tundra Walker will never be on P99. Shame, but don't go making a cleric based on that at all.