Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 03:27 PM
Large Bat

Is the post nerf Fungi Covered Great Staff worth buying for leveling? I figure i would have to keep it equipped as well since it only lasts 5 min and swapping out wisdom items to increase my max mana in those 5 min doesn't seem worth it
Old 02-25-2015, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

I feel like the staff is good from 35-50ish. After that though it's sort of weak once shamans get Regrowth. It is mana free... But is it worth it's cost :/.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But is it worth it's cost :/.
I think this is the key thing about the staff: it's not that it's not useful, it's just that for the price it's less useful than many other items. So if you've already got a JBB/epic/Fungi/shovel/good pants/ 2x platinum wedding rings/etc. and you still have plat to burn then the staff might be worth it, but otherwise you should probably buy one of those items instead.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure what you want documentation on. The thing about one being better than the other comes from the thread I just linked (although based on others comments it seems maybe all four are equal). As for the Shovel returning mana, that's just how Reclaim Energy works.
Reclaim Energy is Reclaim Energy, it doesnt matter if the clicky is the shovel, the torch or something else. Although I'm always looking at adding, correcting and updating information on the wiki, and I thought this tidbit was something only a few knew and would be nice to share, the post backing up your claim is just nonsense.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the post backing up your claim is just nonsense.
/sigh It was not my claim. As I wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loramin
One of them (I think maybe the broom) is supposed to be the best, and the shovel is supposed to be second best, but personally I'm still using my shovel at 57. It gives back at least 95%, if not 100%, of the pet's mana cost, so I've never seen any reason to switch from it.
My "claim" was that the shovel was just fine, and the rest was (as I indicated) hearsay. Furthermore, if you look at the thread I linked, that hearsay came from a Fire Giant and was immediately backed up by Yumyums (a planar protector/forum legend), so I think it was perfectly reasonable for me to reference it.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:26 PM
Sarnak

I remember that thread, and you're citing it way out of context. For example, see Yumyums post here (later in the thread): http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=17
Old 02-26-2015, 02:56 PM
Sarnak

If you're level 42, you'll probably travel near all of the places for Tarton's Wheel quest eventually. Any class can do this quest, although it's obviously easier for porting classes. The instant clicky from inventory is a great indoor/outdoor GCD resetter without the annoying effects of spyglass (or telescope, as Wrench likes to call it? isn't it nice to never be wrong?) There's no buff for protecting against dispel, and you have to have a target when you cast it, but unlike the other options its free. I use it on my druid and like it a lot more than my shaman's spyglass.

IVU, Shrink, Cure Poison/Disease pots are all worth considering. Keep a bag full of MR gear; you'll use it on raids but it's also handy if you wanna try to solo a caster mob (canni 2 shaman powder, for example).

Don't worry too much about the tash stick. Jousting or slow-tanking to land tash is almost certainly going to cost you more mana from hp loss, missed med ticks, and slowing yourself or the mob than you'd save from recasting a resisted spell. This is a very important strat at 60 when you've got Torpor and you're slow-tanking mobs anyways. Keep torpor up, slow mob, whack it with tash stick.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKvothe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
or telescope, as Wrench likes to call it? isn't it nice to never be wrong?
ones the effect name, ones the item name, you really give a shit?

you should go back to white knighting for loramin

you obviously didnt have much context for what i was sayin in the other thread, your just still frothy for me callin you out in the red server thread

you really wanna start shitting up all these threads with my back and forth with you?
Old 02-26-2015, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKvothe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember that thread, and you're citing it way out of context. For example, see Yumyums post here (later in the thread): http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=17
So Yumyums cracked a joke, but didn't in any way refute anything, and this shows I took the thread out of context how exactly?

Old 02-26-2015, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrench [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you should go back to white knighting for loramin
Ummm ... he was attacking me and saying I took something out of context, which is sort of the opposite of white knighting.

Last edited by loramin; 02-26-2015 at 04:50 PM..
Closed Thread