Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
idk man lots of stuff in the crypt ive thought id like that neck to save me from death from a fleeing mob and root breaking, but i have no clue if it gets resisted more than root or if its just totally not worth it. but lots of times i thought, man i wish i had that neck it would be a real game breaker for [insert basically any camp in sebilis and most camps I can think of outside of it]
What you're saying would make sense if Clinging Darkness had a lower resist mod than root, but I don't think it does. If anything, given that it also has a DoT component it's probably easier to resist. So I don't see why you couldn't just re-root in an emergency situation where you're about to lose a fleeing mob.

Also, I think the whole Shaman race debate is entirely pointless. It's like arguing over which color seats will make your Lamborghini faster. The Shaman class is so absurdly powerful when geared out at 60 that it simply doesn't make a difference what race you chose. I believe the most successful Shaman solo artist is the objectively weakest race (Barb). Aesthetic choice should really be the only consideration. This debate is not nearly as settled as the Necro and Monk racial choices being categorically 100% in favor of Iksar over the alternatives, or Warriors and SKs being Ogres due to their massive STA advantages.

That's the reason this is probably the single most recurrent question on the forum (honestly it must be the subject of at least a dozen threads by now): because there really is no bad choice. The only objectively "bad" racial choice for a Shaman is the one that results in you not getting to 60 with all the spells and gear you need because you don't like your character's appearance. Because once you're 60/geared/Torpored, it simply doesn't matter what race you chose. The strengths of the class at that point far outweigh any minor racial weaknesses.

Although for the record I am on TEAM OGRE. But that has as much to do with the glory of the double-shrunk Ogre model as it does with FSI.
Old 12-17-2016, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

Yes. Each component of clinging darkness (snare + dot) have a resist check. If either fails, the spell is fully resisted.

I want to say on live there was another issue with the casted level of the item being static or something that further contributed to the resist rate (brother rerolled a DE cleric for the neck which never seemed to work), but I'm on my lunch break and don't want to delve into the depths with this.
Old 12-17-2016, 08:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Resist rate sucks. Cast time sucks. Snare % sucks (mobs fleeing Will still be moving). Duration sucks.

However, it's still giving you a castable version of a strong ability you do not have. Imagine how desireable a 20% attack slow would be on a druid.

Of course, you could always get a spear of constriction with ensnare which lasts a goddamn year.
if a fleeing mob is still going to be moving even like really slowly then its prob not enough then so ogre prob best.

I feel like I miss it durring that moment that Im sure you know well, where you are lom and mob is fleeing and you fucked up cus you're a human being killing static spawns for 10hrs straight and now its walking off not dotted but you barely have it rooted and cant risk it breaking during a cast of your epic or jbb but you dont have the mana for a ebolt or something... I assume that the neck would be a game changer in that scneario, which is an UBER frustrating scenario that happens more often than not when fighting tough camps IMO
Old 12-17-2016, 08:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by notColgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i would rather use a smoldering cudgel's attack rounds than a JBB
The strength of JBB is prior to getting 60/ acquiring Torpor. It's especially good in the 45-49 hell.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

Troll would be my vote.

-racial regen is clutch
-frontal stun immunity is really really overrated
-large size for bash
-can wear jaundiced
-I'd argue the best balance of shaman starting stats
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Closed Thread