Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 11:44 PM
Aviak

Default Why is it so hard to get a group in Old Sebilis?

Playing as 56 necro. Been visiting Old Sebilis routinely for the last 2 or 3 levels and out of all my visits, roughly 10-15, I've only ever managed to get into a group one time.

I've tried seeking groups during both peak and off hours, but the result is always the same: Spam LFG in the zone for an hour or so, then give up and go back to finding somewhere to solo.

Do people not like necros in groups post 55+ or am I missing something else with this zone?
Old 11-26-2017, 11:50 PM
Planar Protector

make your own groups//send tells and make it happen. if you just go there with lfg up you will rarely just magically get a group
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 11-26-2017, 11:58 PM
Sarnak

Necros have an easier time in Howling Stones.
Old 11-27-2017, 01:57 AM
Fire Giant

The server has a very minmaxed attitude and if you're not forming the group yourself being a necromancer will damage your chances of an invite (even though necros, when played well, are an amazing support class).
Old 11-27-2017, 02:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The server has a very minmaxed attitude and if you're not forming the group yourself being a necromancer will damage your chances of an invite (even though necros, when played well, are an amazing support class).
Old 11-27-2017, 04:31 AM
Fire Giant

yes they are, except more than half the players dont play to the class full potential
Old 11-27-2017, 04:36 AM
Fire Giant

You usually need to have the motivation to start one if nobody else is starting one.
Old 11-27-2017, 05:15 AM
Planar Protector

Other classes just weigh down a necromancer who can solo to 60 with ease. You can just take your own camp and invite LFG's to join you if you want some company (if you don't mind the xp loss). Take charge, you are the class with the greatest flexibility and power, bring a heal bot in case you get low, maybe a mezz bot or a pet mage for extra dps. I aggree with these guys, start your own group.

Meatshields like me cant do shit to solo in seb, so we have to sit around and wait for someone to be nice and graciously let us play the game, you on the other hand can just do it. I understand if all camps are taken and no one wants you (because they don't realize a necro is a stronger asset than most classes) but if a camp is open, it's yours for the taking.

(And by bots I mean insignificant classes who have the sole purpose of pressing one button for you - real players, not robots)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Last edited by Sonderbeast; 11-27-2017 at 05:25 AM.. Reason: Pls no bannerino cappuccino
Old 11-27-2017, 06:05 AM
Planar Protector

You're a necromancer, you have the mobility advantage to be able to stealth down to groups and just straight up ask them for an invite to their face.

I've found groups are far more likely to add a superfluous character if you can be at their location there and then.

Also, when you call CC you can ask the claimed camps how they are doing for CC, DPS, heals and if they say they are struggling or need cover for those roles soon you can advise them the way you plan to help them along. Send tells direct, people enjoy rationalisation.

Following on from Draconite's post, melee largely have to sit on their thumbs waiting for opportunities in Seb. If there are any lfg melee at the zone in, as a 55 necro you can simply duo up with one and immediately have a great group. Some of the best xp I got on my ranger was duoing with a ranger.

Speaking of which, necro with a decently geared ranger has surprising synergy. Ranger and necro pet both self haste well, ranger can add +12 regen to both himself and necro. Between yourself and the ranger you can decently buff resists and AC. You have a nice mix of CC and heals. Ranger might even have slow proc. Ah yea!
Old 11-27-2017, 07:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think this is part of it, honestly I found groups fairly easily on my shaman. My anecdotal experience would tell me part of the issue is the class you play.

That being said, I can say that if you befriend people, when they form groups they will send you tells to group. I am not saying you don't have any friends but I have personally found when over time I have grouped with the same people they tend to remember me and we keep in contact. I have gotten groups just from knowing those who are forming groups or already grouped. Often times they will even get me in their group when it's not the perfect setup adding me, just because we have good rapport and enjoy grouping together.

I used to group with some wizard frequently at one point, and he was very fun to group with. If I was in a group, and seen him LFG I would always stress to add him even though wizards are shit in group XP groups. He was always a nice guy, and he did not play his class like a half afk-monkey all the time. Point is, the fact he was well-liked made it so he got groups over other more optimal classes.

Side note, this wizard also formed his own groups.

TL;DR

1. Necros are viewed as non-optimal classes by many people for groups and hated for their dabblings in playing with dead things.

2. If you want to find groups, play your class as well as you can, and prove to the people you are more than just some creepy lich thing that likes dead people. Show a little personality and keep in touch with people you like who are actively leveling up.

3. Don't be afraid to form up your own groups.
Closed Thread