Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 12-08-2022, 01:50 AM
Planar Protector

If a ranger can tank slowed blue cons with torp it can do a great job. Likewise if it can peel and tank a red con for 20 seconds it did its job.

Mine usually runs around with around 200MR and 2200 hps. I mainly just try to max MR with GMR with max Str using Focus. I have a few Hp items to swap out if I’m having to tank for small group stuff but it’s not preferred. I’m sure with better gear that would change…to a degree.
Old 12-08-2022, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If a ranger can tank slowed blue cons with torp it can do a great job. Likewise if it can peel and tank a red con for 20 seconds it did its job.

Mine usually runs around with around 200MR and 2200 hps. I mainly just try to max MR with GMR with max Str using Focus. I have a few Hp items to swap out if I’m having to tank for small group stuff but it’s not preferred. I’m sure with better gear that would change…to a degree.
Gear does make a difference I buff to 4.9k hp and there is def better geared then me.
Old 12-08-2022, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gear does make a difference I buff to 4.9k hp and there is def better geared then me.
Yea for sure. I top out at about 4k. I’d take another 1k in a heart-beat and will slowly work on adding raid gear. Most the EC buys trade hps for MR so it’s a lateral move unless I’m swapping depending on the fight.

I guess that’s the reality though. The better your stuff the less bag slots you need filled. BiS or at least top tier is loaded with hps, ac, and other stats. In the low or mid game you have to pick a path or carry a lot of extra junk.
Old 12-08-2022, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea for sure. I top out at about 4k. I’d take another 1k in a heart-beat and will slowly work on adding raid gear. Most the EC buys trade hps for MR so it’s a lateral move unless I’m swapping depending on the fight.

I guess that’s the reality though. The better your stuff the less bag slots you need filled. BiS or at least top tier is loaded with hps, ac, and other stats. In the low or mid game you have to pick a path or carry a lot of extra junk.
Yup, I could take more hp if I reduced resi since I normally wear MR ring and ring 9 I'm losing like 80 hp there but not being in VQ, riot limits that, my belt also is bad. Rangers Def can break 5k easy. Even I can with gear swaps.
Old 12-10-2022, 09:58 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
idk ive done it fine, sorry you dont got ranger tank
a 55 war with kunark armor can tank better than your shit ranger
Old 12-10-2022, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would certainly hope so...
Old 12-10-2022, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry you are butt hurt, consider logging off. Hope that helps.
Old 12-10-2022, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spend 28 hours camping some bauble? Sign me up. Raid sky for a single night? Jump off that fucking cloud. Never understood it.
Yes!! Glad to see someone else feel the same way. Plane of Sky is the worst! I love the concept, but it's just not fun. The corpsing the keys is another pita. I'd rather do just about anything else in EQ, including some 28hr+ camp lol.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 12-11-2022, 01:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Sorry you are butt hurt, consider logging off. Hope that helps.
sorry you are butt hurt over facts
Old 12-11-2022, 02:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
sorry you are butt hurt over facts
No matter the amount you raid, you will never compete when it matters or have warder loot. hope that helps.