Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 01:46 PM
Sarnak

Default Level 55+ Cleric Mana Pool Question

Hello everyone,

I did a quick search but was unable to find a comprehensive answer to my question that I thought maybe some fellow clerics could help shed insight on. What is the average cleric mana pool at 55+ with the 255 wis cap? Like if we broke it down into categories ELITE/ABOVE AVG/AVG/BELOW AVG what would the numbers look like? Elite is 3.5k+ unbuffed? Any data shared would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 06-21-2016, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Elite clerics are in the 4.2-4.6k mana pool range. The top end of that scale is nearly best in slot everything.
Above average would probably be in the 3.8-4.2k
I'd say average would be in the 3.2-3.8k

This assumes level 60.

If they ever fix wisdom scaling over 200 to proper values those will all drop a bit because players are getting an extra 250~ mana they shouldn't be getting with classic mana returns in wisdom 201-255.
Old 06-21-2016, 02:32 PM
Sarnak

Thanks Daldaen, very informative. Looks like I still have some ways to go.
Old 06-21-2016, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks Daldaen, very informative. Looks like I still have some ways to go.
Keep in mind that the difference between 3800 mana and 4600 mana BIS is 2 complete heals and hundreds of hours of raiding to get that level of gear.

Maximizing mana regen via buffs/modrods/songs/twitches/FT is more important during a raid IMO.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keep in mind that the difference between 3800 mana and 4600 mana BIS is 2 complete heals and hundreds of hours of raiding to get that level of gear.

Maximizing mana regen via buffs/modrods/songs/twitches/FT is more important during a raid IMO.
This. Furthermore, when you get into that portion of your mana pool, using those last 2 Complete Heals, it's very likely the rest of the chain has broken down entirely and your chain is having gaps where 3-4 clerics in a row are OOM.

Having Clarity 2, Gift of Brilliance, Protection of the Glades, a 55+ Bard in your group, and as much Flowing Thought as possible while it stacks, dunno if this client can ever prevent the stacking though. Would need the super classic trilogy client for that I suspect. Also frequently communicate your mana to your Necromancers for twitches and get in a rhythm handling mod rods while still being able to keep the tank targetted and not miss your turn in the rotation.

I think my cleric has something like 3.6-3.7k mana at level 60. Aside from low numbers AoW / Tunare kills, I never really go OOM from being in a CH chain at this point. Even then, it's typically dying as I go OOM.
Old 06-22-2016, 01:54 PM
Fire Giant

I guess red vs blues sit casting cheals with bard songs + necro twitches makes a huge difference. on red 3500 mana is fine to run a chain on, even 3k hell. sit casting cheals with mana song + second song pumping with 2 bards i think its almost impossible to run oom.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having Clarity 2, Gift of Brilliance, Protection of the Glades, a 55+ Bard in your group, and as much Flowing Thought as possible while it stacks, dunno if this client can ever prevent the stacking though. Would need the super classic trilogy client for that I suspect.
Hasn't Flowing Thought always stacked with all sources of mana regen including other FT up to a max of like FT15?

e: also what is naked cleric mana pool at 60? With what WIS?
Old 06-22-2016, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by syztem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess red vs blues sit casting cheals with bard songs + necro twitches makes a huge difference. on red 3500 mana is fine to run a chain on, even 3k hell. sit casting cheals with mana song + second song pumping with 2 bards i think its almost impossible to run oom.
There's also a question of how many Clerics are in a given chain. The more Clerics you have, the less frequently any individual Cleric has to cast a spell, and hence the longer it'd take him to run out of mana. Add enough Clerics and mana regeneration will out-pace mana expenditure and mana pool becomes irrelevant.

Flowing Thought stacking historically went through several different changes. At times it didn't stack, or didn't stack with FT of the same value.

Danth
Old 07-09-2016, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

My cleric has 3.9k mana, buffed. Average csg cleric gear, I would say. Just shy of 10 ch's.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Closed Thread