Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 05:12 PM
Kobold

Default A corpse and its story

Whenever I see a corpse strewn across the battlefields of p99 I always find myself asking “what happened here”. I’ve brought this idea up in guild chat before but I think that you should be able to click a corpse and do a slash command to view the events leading up to that corpse being created. Maybe a 1 minute video. This would be great theater and could serve as a reminder of what not to do. (I know this isn’t feasible it’s a joke idea, but I’d still LOVE to see it). Maybe every week we could do a sports center esque “not top 10” for th funniest , dumbest and most unfortunate deaths.

Also, as an aside, I always try to leave an item on my corpse when I die as a sort of “I was here” type thing. I don’t know why I do it. Also if there are nearby objects I like to try and position my corpse in a comedic way. Anyone else depraved in this manner? Am I alone?
Old 02-17-2018, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wfrench1234 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ve brought this idea up in guild chat before but I think that you should be able to click a corpse and do a slash command to view the events leading up to that corpse being created.
Not Classic, Furthermore it sounds like a way to flame people on the forums and mock them for their mistakes. You should take some time to venture into the Red section of the forums and see what they do to corpses over there. Yin & Yang unfortunately. IE: with good there is bad.
---
The aspect of the '1 min video' Idea I do like is it could provide evidence of rule breakers or as you said be used as a teaching tool. It doesn't even have to be a video. The server could have code added to record the world and replay it. Like source engine does with it's built in 'demo' recording. Then we could view the incident from all angles in a 3d space while it's happening in real time.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 02-17-2018 at 05:40 PM.. Reason: clarifying what im saying.
Old 02-17-2018, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wfrench1234 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whenever I see a corpse strewn across the battlefields of p99 I always find myself asking “what happened here”. I’ve brought this idea up in guild chat before but I think that you should be able to click a corpse and do a slash command to view the events leading up to that corpse being created. Maybe a 1 minute video. This would be great theater and could serve as a reminder of what not to do. (I know this isn’t feasible it’s a joke idea, but I’d still LOVE to see it). Maybe every week we could do a sports center esque “not top 10” for th funniest , dumbest and most unfortunate deaths.

Also, as an aside, I always try to leave an item on my corpse when I die as a sort of “I was here” type thing. I don’t know why I do it. Also if there are nearby objects I like to try and position my corpse in a comedic way. Anyone else depraved in this manner? Am I alone?
I think the closest you're going to get is watching someone die on Twitch.

Now in theory someone could write a service where one could die, take a video of it, then register both the corpse's /loc and the video's URL on a website somewhere. Then anyone could setup a macro that both hails the target (corpse) and does /loc, and then they could run a log-sniffing program which watches for "Hail Bob's corpse" followed by a loc, checks the website, and if there's an entry for Bob's corpse near that loc it opens up a browser window to the video of Bob's death ... and technically that would be (sort of, kind of) be classic ...

... but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-17-2018, 06:07 PM
Fire Giant

Kinda like the bloodstain feature from Dark Souls?

Sounds amazing tbh

Also if we could leave notes on the ground like Dark Souls what would they say?
Old 02-17-2018, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tongue but hole ?
Old 02-17-2018, 06:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sounds amazing tbh

find help
Old 02-17-2018, 07:33 PM
Orc

If you want to see people die just watch Fippy Bois episode 2.
Old 02-17-2018, 07:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:

Sounds amazing tbh

That was the best part of Oregon Trail back in the golden days. Leaving something clever on a tombstone for the next wagon to pass by to read.
Old 02-17-2018, 09:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
That was the best part of Oregon Trail back in the golden days. Leaving something clever on a tombstone for the next wagon to pass by to read.
This post synergises really well with the signature of the poster.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

At least half of the deaths would be top comedy action, which means most of mine. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread