Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 07:04 PM
Banned

Default Uh oh. Dark Elf Cleric.

Ya know, I never played an evil race/diety combo before in classic, especially one that cant really fight on its own.

Turns out an innoruuk worshiping wolf gets killed on sight from the qeynos warriors guild, so no gnoll fangs
Also turns out killing orcs in faydark lowers dark elf warrior faction, dunno if this will be an issue or not but still
and blackburrow itself is not very popular to actually exp in
And EC/derv camps have always been kinda crap

Which is the least of the evils here?
Old 05-21-2016, 07:16 PM
Planar Protector

Field of Bone and Kurns tower!

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 05-21-2016, 07:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Field of Bone and Kurns tower!
Huh, well I do have a druid that can transfer spells. neat idea, thanks.
Old 05-22-2016, 02:12 PM
Banned

Uhhh. What?

It is called Befallen then Upper guk. Don't try to lvl places where good race/classes go, you are setting yourself up for failure.
Old 06-12-2016, 01:37 PM
Banned

Ganna have to thank Sorn for the FoB/Kurns advice. Getting groups out there as a cleric was easy as fuck, 5 lizards and myself all the time every time.

Few days ago I decided to level up a troll shaman, went to crushbone and the place is just littered with clerics and druids making it rough to get a group as a priest class
Old 06-12-2016, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

You're welcome!

Lizards love clerics because usually all they get are shamans and necros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 06-12-2016, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
especially one that cant really fight on its own.
Clerics are pretty steady solo up into the late 40s, really. It's not a fast pace, but it is better XP than a mediocre full group, and for less effort. Twinking helps mainly just to bump mana up so a few resists doesn't mean you have to gate out, but even without twinking clerics have a pretty good toolkit: all resist buffs, hp buffs, heals for when the first two aren't enough, undead nukes with resist mod, root, stuns. Kurns, unrest, spectres (I like feerrott best), lower guk, etc. It's only rough going solo, imo, from like 1-14, then at 50+ when stuff that is dark blue just has too many hp unless you are doing silly stuff like LGUK with a manastone and a lot of HP gear (which is fun, I might add).
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 06-12-2016 at 06:19 PM..
Old 06-21-2016, 10:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also turns out killing orcs in faydark lowers dark elf warrior faction, dunno if this will be an issue or not
My cleric is also a Dark Elf and is level 55.

I can't remember if I killed Chrushbone orcs as him or not... but it doesn't really matter...

Killing Crushbone orcs does lower Dark Elf WARRIOR guild faction, but that is NOT the faction the guards of Neriak are on.
They are on Dreadguard inner and Dreadguard outer.

There are two important things to remember though.
One, don't go into the warrior guild in Neriak... You're KOS there now if you've lowered that faction (Indigo Brotherhood)
Two, tread carefully around the Dark Elf camp in Lesser Faydark as many of them are on Indigo Brotherhood faction and might KOS you as well.

That is about all you have to worry about as far as that goes.
I do not regret making my cleric a DE at all.

Kalepto Mayniak - 54 Half-Elf Rogue

Ithamar Kenobi- 57 High Elf Magician
171 research skill
Old 07-22-2016, 05:24 AM
Aviak

I had a 65 de cleric on live..

Get that clinging darkness (low lvl necro snare) necklace which is exclusive to DE clerics. There's a quest in cleric guild. It's not super useful but can help on those pesky runners. Besides no other cleric can snare!

And yeah stick to low hp undead, cleric may be not the best soloer 1-51, but by far is not worst. You are not squishy at all in plate and with all those heals and hp buffs. Try wizard 1-29 and you know just how bad it can be really [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-22-2016, 10:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotopes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had a 65 de cleric on live..

Get that clinging darkness (low lvl necro snare) necklace which is exclusive to DE clerics.
Human Innoruuk Clerics get it as well, making Human Inny clerics the master combo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread