Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 12:38 PM
Fire Giant

Default Druid epic, farming certain corrupteds since velious launch

Did the druid epic once, entire thing start to finish about 1 1/2 years ago. Swore to myself I would never do it again, because although I got most of it all pretty easily with the exception of spending like 14hours in kedge keep, and 8 hours in lfay, another 4 + 4 in everfrost foraging.. I find myself with another druid that has even better gear, tempted to do the epic yet again because the clicky and stats are just so amazing.

I have a 60 torpor shaman, solo most of PoM with it. Had one before too but never used him too much. When I did kedge the first time around, was with epic mage, epic monk, epic cleric. all bis kunark geared and it was still a pain in the ass, I am mostly guessing because non-slowed. I am assuming I should have almost no issue soloing all of this stuff now on my velious geared shaman and or druid as backup or just to loot or have piece MQ'd to him.

VS stones are a bit harder to get now, that he doesnt always drop 2 and you have to get people to kill one that doesn't drop loot just stones so there is always someone needing one. Only part I will be paying for MQ since I sold mine long ago pre patch. Just wanted to double check that a 60 shaman could most likely solo entire epic, pretty much looking at it all I am fairly certain I can do it all except for swamp frog and probably need 1 more 60 for the corruptors in EK(assassinated 2 the other day doing epic for someone else and the 3rd was a push over, so I figure root all 3, kill them with slow/backstab boom done)

just looking for opinions, thoughts. Aside from the fay/VS aspect, the rest seems trivial to somewhat easy after having solo'd velious mobs with slow that summon, hit way harder and have way more hp.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:53 PM
Fire Giant

One more curious question that may have contributed to my long delay on getting the corrupted in kedge, according to the wiki it says go to #11 on the map and thats where you can get it(on this map its referred to as I). But I recall going to the G and H area to get mine to spawn.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-03-2016, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Coralyn is before G in the corner, not where it's labeled. But yeah that whole G / H area, including the back tunnels, is where you can find tainted / corrupted spawns.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

For kedge, I duod the cave with a 60 monk (as a 60 Druid). I had a seahorse charmed so it was pretty easy. Stay in the caves (where patriarch spawns) and clear all the horses throughout the tunnels. Took about 3 hours of clearing to get him to pop.

I solod pretty much everything else (minus VS/Ulump/Fay). The DE corrupter was easily solod, just kited them all, dotted the corrupter, and kept my distance. The brownie was solod by a 60 nec (he's fearable).
Old 06-03-2016, 02:06 PM
Fire Giant

did you solo corrupter as a 60 druid? im only 55 and don't plan on going past that for time being. so I will most likely use a shaman/rogue 60s and my druid for the corrupter fight. Thanks for the infos about G / H area etc. I may give charming a shot, but as long as shaman holds aggro with slow my rogue should tear the shit out of kedge mobs.
Old 06-03-2016, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

I was 60, yes, but I think you can solo the corrupter at 55. Just keep them all snared, and only kill the corrupter, loot, turn in, and gate. You should have no problem with a torpor shaman/rogue duo in kedge, just beware they are all casters, and will dispell your shit constantly. The corrupted also CHs, but that was easily interrupted with the Velious Druid stun. Melee push doesn't seem to work right underwater.
Old 06-03-2016, 02:41 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah the push on us underwater seems to work more then ok, too good in fact. Cheals shouldn't be too bad, primal rogue and if pet can be summoned with minimal aggro and slam to try to interrupt might work.

knocked out the coin in <15 minutes, got 3/4 foraged(stuck in everfrost for the last 30-40 minutes still again) spawned 4 tainted goblins, no corrupted so gave up and went for the coin/forages. going to work one cleansed orb at a time i guess. prob kunark last due to fay/uulump. but once i get another char out ther that isn't a 55 druid to keep those 6 min goblin respawns dead ill have it in no time. i was running oom constantly.

after that, I look forward to giving faydwer a shot! hopefully browny and kedge aren't too bad this time around.

edit - scratch that, 4 mins later just got last forage piece.
Last edited by syztem; 06-03-2016 at 02:44 PM..
Old 06-03-2016, 03:48 PM
Fire Giant

and on top of that, randomly popped into LOIO to snag a medallion from marauder after getting my rose. saw a tainted barracuda up, spawned first kill. apparently wiki says 10-20% spawn rate. apparently only barracude and the goblin have low low spawn rate chances? I didn't realize every other corrupted was 100% spawn rate on a tainted, maybe that part of the wiki is wrong, thought i did a gorilla in EJ once and it didnt pop. Going so smooth for me, i was gonna go to bed 2 hours ago now i don't know.
Old 06-04-2016, 06:48 AM
Fire Giant

going for a triple post, trying to do this epic with as little extra help as necessary so its trial and error. Right now I lack ulump/kedge. Gorilla took about an hour, longer then expected but still not too bad all things considering.

I went into kedge on 60 shaman, I don't know the zone well at all but somehow ended up going the right way, found myself in the matriarch or patriarch cave spot whatever. Had only 2 green con seahorses, took them out relatively easily but not before 1 complete healed once. Epic + 2 banes or bane/pox seems enough to kill the easier ones,

They dispell like crazy you were right. For the first 2 it wasn't bad I used grim aura and flowers to keep my junks up(usually use sow boots too but indoors). Next room had like 3 of them in it, and I know some of them were undercons and or light greens from tracking on druid before swapping over. I only killed a total of 3 seahorses before I ended up just gating out. I could not find a way to pull more seahorses without getting 3 from that adjacent room at a time, Might have to invis and swim to another part and try to pull another 2 or find a solo one possibly drag a enchanter out to calm and help with mezzing cheals.

Upon attempting solo pull of one of 3, Got all 3of them. slowed them just in case as fighting underwater is retarded with the push back. Kept them rooted, and went for the root rot, after the first cheal I realized I should focus dots on just one and burn it down instead of epic clicking 3 and keeping 2 dotted up. Between all 3 though, the cheals just kept coming. after like the 5th cheal, the one or two that shouldve been dead multiple times over had stripped me of full self buffs(grim aura, sow, 3 flowers, acumen, regrowth, health, focus, c2, aego, dmf) the issue wasn't so much as not being able to keep clicks up. But the fact the dispell slot change or whatever. Sometimes it took the top 1 or 2, other times it would take 10th slot randomly and without regrowth/focus at very minimum it hurts, even with a manastone.

Going back in, if I can't find one that someone can MQ me for free or plat I figure ill camp druid in there and then get a rogue and enchanter to come a long. rogue for backstab dps, ench to calm pull and mez cheals. shaman to tank and heal. I am sure shm/ench would be just fine but I don't even want to risk struggling with dps or relying on dots.

ulump its been a while, usually had overkill for him but with velious chars I am assuming a cleric + rogue + warrior can do him no problem? 13k hps, should be less then 1 minute fight, as long as he doesn't hit TOO hard a defensive/evasive tank should be plenty with cheals. max 235 wiki says, so could be less since its not always accurate.
Old 06-04-2016, 09:02 AM
Planar Protector

Yea, kedge it a bit of PITA. You really need a way to stun those cleric mobs via push or stuns. I had a monk split the rooms so it was fairly simple to break, but a chanter in there would have np mezzing/charming.

Ulump is a pushover, I had a Ranger tanking him. Hes very MR resistant but he doesn't hit too hard. I believe I had 4; Me, Cleric, Ranger, and a 55 monk, but can easily be triod with a Cleric/ranger/rogue or substitute the cleric for your torpor shaman.