Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2020, 06:21 PM
Orc

Default Dot Damage...Can ticks still be displayed?

I started a necro and have really been enjoying the character. Ive been trying to find a way to have Dot dmg show up in a text window but have not found any way to do it. Did some research and adjusted all the settings and nothing. I came across some info saying that Dot damage has been removed and will not be displayed. Is this true and if not how do I get Dot dmg to show?
Old 05-14-2020, 06:46 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

that feature was removed for not being classic. The best you can do is use GINA timers to track the durations of spells to what you think they should be according to wiki
Last edited by toptiertizz; 05-14-2020 at 06:48 PM..
Old 05-14-2020, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

Thread about it here https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=336088

Dot ticks being displayed wasnt added until a patch in 2003
Old 05-14-2020, 07:05 PM
Orc

Ok that's pretty much what I concluded. I use GINA and it's helpful for sure. Still learning the program so all my timers are grouped together (buffs, Dots, ect). Will be better when I get them separated/different colors. Thanks.
Old 05-15-2020, 01:04 PM
Banned

I so agrree with you They say not Classic i call it BS!! they remove the pet window and people was going NUTS and they put in back in there are sOOOO menny things on Blue server that are not class just PUT the dot dmg BACK in .. the thing is 98% of players on P99 BLUE server whats the dot dmg back .. i dont thing the GM have heard the thing about The customers is all ways right ..just put in back! ... its not that hard IF U want classic go play on green tbh
Old 05-15-2020, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadeye [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I so agrree with you They say not Classic i call it BS!! they remove the pet window and people was going NUTS and they put in back in
The thing about the pet window was that it was almost classic. It was released very shortly into Luclin, and since A) people were used to it here, B) custom UIs were similarly "almost but not quite" classic, they made an exception for Blue/Red only (as both servers are already unclassic due to seven years of Kunark and such, so letting them go a month or two past classic was deemed acceptable).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadeye [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The customers is all ways right ..just put in back! ... its not that hard IF U want classic go play on green tbh
Maybe you missed the part where customers pay for things. No one here is a customer: we're all just moochers leaching off the largess of someone who's putting a free game up for us to play.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-15-2020, 03:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The thing about the pet window was that it was almost classic. It was released very shortly into Luclin, and since A) people were used to it here, B) custom UIs were similarly "almost but not quite" classic, they made an exception for Blue/Red only (as both servers are already unclassic due to seven years of Kunark and such, so letting them go a month or two past classic was deemed acceptable).

Maybe you missed the part where customers pay for things. No one here is a customer: we're all just moochers leaching off the largess of someone who's putting a free game up for us to play.
1. Luclin is later Blue server so again wanna play classic go green. any one i talk to says that blue server is not classic and yes i was here 20 years ago only Reason they put it back in was they forums was glowing red and all the /pettions they get.. they even came out with plz stop /pettions about the window we looking into it.. so the people sad this have to change so they put it back in and the players was happy again. a lot of people wanted to quit over this..

2. if there was no players around there no game. so we are in some way customers, common sense
Last edited by Deadeye; 05-15-2020 at 03:45 PM..
Old 05-15-2020, 03:51 PM
Fire Giant

I just find it funny that they'll be nazi about relatively minor "unclassic" things like dotdamage meanwhile stuff like mobs falling through the world and unclassic loot tables and quests and melee damage are flagrant problems
Closed Thread