Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2021, 10:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Problem for who? Me? exactly how?

What is gonna change in my life if those weak of physical constitution get sick and die?

Keep in mind im autistic, and idgaf if the entirety of earth survives or not.
Should man be just as cruel as nature, in your opinion?
Old 10-25-2021, 10:38 PM
Banned

One thing that doesn’t line up for me is hearing how the JD guy was using accounts as puppets for himself

Unless it was before a year ago, I don’t remember seeing that happening. And I know what it looks like, it used to happen on the WoW forums a lot more often than it should, because it is pretty weird

Not only did I not notice it happening, at least not as obvious as it was on the WoW forums back when I was playing, he also just doesn’t strike me as a person who would do that. Just my opinion though
Old 10-25-2021, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should man be just as cruel as nature, in your opinion?
Actually, Yes. Darwinian Evolution FTW.

Thanks man thats a good way of outlining my perspective.

Like, we as a species take the worst of our genetic products and elevate them, give them special services, treatments, and then we put them in groups so they can find each other, mate, and continue giving the middle finger to darwinian evolution.
Old 10-25-2021, 10:41 PM
Server Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One thing that doesn’t line up for me is hearing how the JD guy was using accounts as puppets for himself

Unless it was before a year ago, I don’t remember seeing that happening. And I know what it looks like, it used to happen on the WoW forums a lot more often than it should, because it is pretty weird

Not only did I not notice it happening, at least not as obvious as it was on the WoW forums back when I was playing, he also just doesn’t strike me as a person who would do that. Just my opinion though
It's very plausible that he wasn't. I made that assumption on a very fast investigation after seeing a dozen or more accounts on their ip addresses, some of which having very extensive post histories.

Take that with whatever amount of salt you want.
Old 10-25-2021, 10:42 PM
Planar Protector

I know for damn sure that I've suggested in the past that IK and JD were the same person.
Old 10-25-2021, 10:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, Yes. Darwinian Evolution FTW.

Thanks man thats a good way of outlining my perspective.

Like, we as a species take the worst of our genetic products and elevate them, give them special services, treatments, and then we put them in groups so they can find each other, mate, and continue giving the middle finger to darwinian evolution.
Old 10-25-2021, 10:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savazuul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IK blocked me on discord as we were having a conversation, but it was around this very topic.

I can see how folks have developed this perception because it would be monstrous for the moderators to spend any amount of time on the forum, see the bigotry and anti-trans crap, and do nothing about it (or worse, condone it).

The reality is far less interesting. Most of the CSRs time is spent in-game. The time we spend on the forum is very much limited to handling things in petitions, and that's it. The only time we stray out of that area is when it's called to our attention that there is rule breaking in the other areas of the forum. Which, is what got me into things today.

Ask anyone who's been banned for homophobic or transphobic slurs in-game, and you'll know we/I take that very seriously. We can't possibly be in every thread or police things as they are happening and in the moment. Don't mistake delayed reaction or the time it takes to do a proper investigation as condoning bigotry. It'll catch up to folks like it did today when I spent _hours_ of my own personal time digging through IP addresses and usernames to sort out the users that IK/JD/Whomever created.

But I know that's only the tip of the iceberg. Maybe I should lurk more where the toxic nonsense is going on.
It could also be that the vast majority of it is trans directed now. In contrast to the past on P99 where we were more or less unknown/invisible. And perhaps there's not as much anti-gay or racist stuff to moderate in the first place.

Will say there's a massive divide between what goes on in the forums vs in game. Never had any issues in game at all.
Last edited by Nexii; 10-25-2021 at 10:47 PM..
Old 10-25-2021, 10:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savazuul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's very plausible that he wasn't. I made that assumption on a very fast investigation after seeing a dozen or more accounts on their ip addresses, some of which having very extensive post histories.

Were either of them Teppler or Gwaihir?
Old 10-25-2021, 10:48 PM
Server Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Were either of them Teppler or Gwaihir?
I banned the ones I found, so if they aren't banned then no.
Old 10-25-2021, 10:49 PM
Banned

Quote:

Ya I think they live together

From what I recall there was a decent amount of anti-trans stuff coming from a particular poster towards IK, who I’m guessing (at least hoping) probably attempted to do the correct thing and report it

What followed after was her attempting to deal with it in a different way. Whether that way was effective or the right choice will depend on who you ask. This was all before she got banned and made accounts with anti-gay slang
Closed Thread