Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 06-23-2022, 12:44 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Can we all agree Vanquish is toxic trash, Riot are crybaby bitches, and Kittens are kinda weirdos for 40 year olds?
Old 06-23-2022, 12:50 AM
Kobold

I have to ask, do you even have skin in the game? Also thank you for your brevity. Had you written a few more words, I might of pissed myself and an-heroed.
Old 06-23-2022, 01:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoggren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to ask, do you even have skin in the game?
Yes, as does everyone who plays.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Fashion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoggren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also thank you for your brevity.
Brevity is the soul of wit comes from the play Hamlet, written by English poet William Shakespeare around 1603. Polonius says it in act 2, scene 2.
Old 06-23-2022, 03:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by whathappenedhere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kittens are just kinda weirdos for a bunch of 40 year olds?
Weird's a good enough description of KWSM. I think if Weird Al Yankovic played EQ, he would have chosen a guild like ours, if for no other reason than the name, over the serious-sounding ones. The tag is meant to remind members to have a sense of self-irony and/or awareness that this is, after all, just a game. A very old game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whathappenedhere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think all the players on P99 are more similar than they are different but the people at the top insist on exaggerating the differences.
The scarcity of targets/rarity of items reveals to what extent players are different (Bladefrenzy versus everyone else who was actually present for the pull and the kill). Who has at least one guardian robe? Who has a willsapper? Etc. It also demonstrates who is for and against the community overall based on their history/contributions. Golem races? For the community. Scripting/Auto-firing? Against the community. Draft week? For the community. RMT? Against the community. Etc.
Old 06-23-2022, 06:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadstopher2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
??????????? drugs
Horse drugs. Fixed it.
Old 06-23-2022, 08:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
can we all agree that Vanquish is toxic trash, Riot are crybaby bitches, and Kittens are just kinda weirdos for a bunch of 40 year olds?
Old 06-23-2022, 10:23 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Weird's a good enough description of KWSM. I think if Weird Al Yankovic played EQ, he would have chosen a guild like ours, if for no other reason than the name, over the serious-sounding ones. The tag is meant to remind members to have a sense of self-irony and/or awareness that this is, after all, just a game. A very old game.

The scarcity of targets/rarity of items reveals to what extent players are different (Bladefrenzy versus everyone else who was actually present for the pull and the kill). Who has at least one guardian robe? Who has a willsapper? Etc. It also demonstrates who is for and against the community overall based on their history/contributions. Golem races? For the community. Scripting/Auto-firing? Against the community. Draft week? For the community. RMT? Against the community. Etc.
Kittens = Just an innocent Weird Al guild, not a bunch of cliquish sanctimonious bootlickers that are a feeder guild to Paradigm Shift. Definitely not that.
Old 06-23-2022, 10:28 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Kittens = Just an innocent Weird Al guild, not a bunch of cliquish sanctimonious bootlickers that are a feeder guild to Paradigm Shift. Definitely not that.
Disclaimer = Have 99 percent positive interaction with Kittens outside of TOV. Just trying to make R&F Flamey again, and not full of dumb Chortles posts.
Old 06-23-2022, 01:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
I have to ask, do you even have skin in the game?
Irrelevant skin that nobody really takes seriously
Old 06-23-2022, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Disclaimer = Have 99 percent positive interaction with Kittens outside of TOV. Just trying to make R&F Flamey again, and not full of dumb Chortles posts.
Dude, no disclaimers. Fully commit, like it's roleplaying.