Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 04:45 PM
Aviak

Default Druid charming in Western Wastes

I am level 49 right now and will likely be low 50's around Velious launch. I just got my Goblin Ring and want to utilize it as much as possible. Has anyone ever charm kited in Western Wastes and is it an efficient place to level a low 50's druid? I loathe the idea of sitting in the bear pits from 54-60. Thanks for the help!
Last edited by Balthazar; 06-05-2015 at 04:48 PM..
Old 06-05-2015, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

I can't say I ever did it for EXP but it will be new and fun.

Get level 52/53 for Call of Karana and Glamour of Tunare. Once you have those, charming is a breeze plus in an outdoor zone it's trivial.

The main concern in WW is roaming dragons (get factioned and it's not an issue) and roaming burrowers/hounds (the former being much more annoying). However I think a decent strategy in that zone may be to charm a mob, throw it at a burrowers (level 61 mob that doesn't summon), let it get low, break it and nuke your pet dead, find a new pet and send on burrower. I believe they rip through the animal mobs pretty quickly.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:51 PM
Aviak

Interesting strategy. In overthere from 46-48 I was basically doing the reverse by charming a tiger, pulling 5-6 blues and getting them to flee then breaking charm when tiger was below 20%. Finishing all mobs with ES Vambs.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:03 PM
Aviak

Maybe an idea can be to queue up 3-4 charmable pets with ensnare and sig them on a burrower one at a time, this way you always have a fresh pet close by. Would it be tough to stick ensnare on a burrower at lvl 52-53?
Old 06-07-2015, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

Those ice wurms dispell, I think you stick to puuting hounds on mammoths and brontosaurs
Old 06-10-2015, 11:42 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those ice wurms dispell, I think you stick to puuting hounds on mammoths and brontosaurs
I used to charm mammoths and snare/flame lick/kite/dot IB's and hounds for exp and farming.... Not sure on lvl though.. I do remember the IB's being red though... IB's are considered animals as well....
Old 06-10-2015, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe an idea can be to queue up 3-4 charmable pets with ensnare and sig them on a burrower one at a time, this way you always have a fresh pet close by. Would it be tough to stick ensnare on a burrower at lvl 52-53?
Nearly impossible.

Took me probably 25 ensnare tries to get a stick.

I also was having resists with epic snare which is rare.

I don't recall it ever dispelling my pet though, cite your sources Pint!
Old 06-10-2015, 07:28 PM
Sarnak

They proc Frost Breath.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:55 PM
Sarnak

Quad kiting with a charmed pet in EW. Charm a Mammoth and Quad snared Ry'Gors
Closed Thread