Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2021, 09:05 AM
Aviak

Default Fixation of Ro

Cheap, sticks if you're persistent, maximum 60 Attack debuff with a little bonus 18 AC Debuff. One of the few direct enemy stat debuffs for Druid.

I can't find much information on the effectiveness of a direct Attack debuff on a mob. Could anyone help me sort out what effect such a debuff would have in practical terms?

Basically, I'm curious about whether there is a noticeable drop in enemy attack output for Druids who use this in groups.
Old 11-24-2021, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsubtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cheap, sticks if you're persistent, maximum 60 Attack debuff with a little bonus 18 AC Debuff. One of the few direct enemy stat debuffs for Druid.

I can't find much information on the effectiveness of a direct Attack debuff on a mob. Could anyone help me sort out what effect such a debuff would have in practical terms?

Basically, I'm curious about whether there is a noticeable drop in enemy attack output for Druids who use this in groups.
Similar to the Shaman debuff line, it isn't useful for most solo/group content. This is because most solo/group content dies quickly and doesn't hit very hard to begin with. These debuffs are only really good for raid content, where things hit very hard, die slow, and need every advantage you can get to kill them quickly. Basically the mana/time/spell slot requirements for the spell aren't worth the benefits for most solo/group content. Better to spend that mana/time/spell slot on a heal or DoT.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 11-24-2021 at 03:09 PM..
Old 11-25-2021, 02:14 AM
Aviak

Wow, thank you for the response, that definitely makes it clearer, I can see how it would be useful in those raid situations where you absolutely need to maximize advantage and how the numerical differences wouldnt be worth it on trash mobs in group scenarios.
Old 12-13-2021, 06:36 PM
Large Rat

It also causes massive amounts of snap aggro and will get you a free port to bind
Closed Thread