Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-16-2020, 12:07 PM
Kobold

Default Game launches in Window and screen brightness for entire PC changes

As the title says, the screen brightness changes automagically and I cannot even manually adjust it in the display settings. A reboot of the PC fixes it, until I launch EQ again.

I am playing this on an older desktop PC that runs Win8.1 Pro with an NVIDIA GTX 760 and the native 1080p resolution. The game is patched and works great with the latest NVIDIA drivers. I do not mind the default windowed on my larger LCD screen, I just wish there was a way to stop the eq client from forcing my entire desktop to be so bright (my eyes burn typing this up on the forum page, it really is so bright and washed out). I hope there is a way to stop this from happening as it ruins the experience for me, please let me know if anyone else has had this issue or if you all need more info from me.

Separate question, can the forum page have a dark mode/night mode? I typically use Chrome to browse, but I can switch to any browser if need be. Thanks community and I appreciate that this game community has been around for so long as I tend to join and leave just to come back years later and dip my toe into the nostalgia.
Old 02-16-2020, 03:41 PM
Sarnak

I used to have that problem, I fixed it installing winEQ2, there is an option to lock EQ gamma.
Old 02-16-2020, 10:10 PM
Planar Protector

You can use flux to ‘fix’ this.
Old 02-17-2020, 03:20 AM
Sarnak

I had this issue, and if EQ crashed/froze for whatever reason (sometimes caused by screen saver/sleep) my PC would be stuck with the gamma set by the game, until rebooting.

I solved that by exiting EQ, editing the eqclient.ini and changing the following value:

Gamma=5

It may also be able to be set from the Display options in the in-game settings but I'm not entirely sure. You may also require a slightly different value. It may also cause the game to be darker in general than it would otherwise be. But at least it doesn't mess with my PC's gamma any longer.

EQFriends Consolidation Tool - consolidate all your friends
Auction/Logfile Notifier - logfile watcher with text/email notification