Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-08-2020, 06:47 PM
Large Bat

Default /Pet Attack not working properly

Starting playing a necro alt. Since day one, /pet attack macro has attacked random nearby mobs instead of the targeted mob. This is more than 80% of the time. I have tried /pet attack %T, which doesn't function at all. Going back to /pet attack is the only way, aside from being hit, to get my pet to enter combat. I cannot figure out a solution for this, and its making the class unplayable. I have zoned, re-summoned pet, logged, etc. I have talked to other people playing pet classes in game and nobody seems to have experienced it. As you can imagine, its quite unsettling when trying to break a camp, only to have your pet start attacking a mob 30yrds away in a completely different direction from your targeted mob, or worse, wandering around Guk where you lose sight of your pet only to be greeted by 5 angry red cons.

I opened a petition, but I imagine that wouldn't get a response in a timely manner. I am extremely frustrated, and have resorted to playing other classes that I have less interest in playing. Is this something that can be fixed with game file?

Edit: playing on Green, if that makes any difference.
Old 02-08-2020, 10:50 PM
Orc

I am so glad I'm not going crazy. I am having the exact same issue. I took a couple screenshots as well when i came here to post something about it and found your post!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by ldgmo; 02-08-2020 at 10:54 PM.. Reason: Adding screenshots
Old 02-08-2020, 10:55 PM
Orc

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Okay screenshot not working heh
Old 02-08-2020, 11:04 PM
Planar Protector

This is a stupid guess on my part but have you tried %t instead of %T. Using capital %T has broke some of my macros before.
Old 02-08-2020, 11:06 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a stupid guess on my part but have you tried %t instead of %T. Using capital %T has broke some of my macros before.
is there a specific pet attack macro that is known to work best? If so ill copy it and report back. because /pet attack %t does nothing, no response from pet at all.
Last edited by ldgmo; 02-08-2020 at 11:17 PM..
Old 02-09-2020, 01:15 PM
Aviak

It's just /pet attack

%t is for putting name of target into a macro that says something.

If you want it to attack a mob you don't have target you have to do /pet attack name
Old 02-09-2020, 01:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimgor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's just /pet attack

%t is for putting name of target into a macro that says something.

If you want it to attack a mob you don't have target you have to do /pet attack name
Okay so as OP said, /pet attack works as long as no other mobs are near me. If something paths closer to me than the intended target for the pet, the pet will attack the closer mob. But sometimes it will not respond at all, sometimes it will attempt to attack a mob half a zone away like my screenshot of my targetted bandit but the pet responds will attacking chief goonda.
Old 02-09-2020, 04:15 PM
Large Bat

I am sorry to hear that others are suffering from the same fate, but I am also relieved that I am not the only one dealing with this issue.

Anyone have a solution?
Old 02-09-2020, 04:18 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgo86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay so as OP said, /pet attack works as long as no other mobs are near me. If something paths closer to me than the intended target for the pet, the pet will attack the closer mob. But sometimes it will not respond at all, sometimes it will attempt to attack a mob half a zone away like my screenshot of my targetted bandit but the pet responds will attacking chief goonda.

This is exactly the situation I am having.
Old 02-13-2020, 12:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dephective [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is exactly the situation I am having.
Have you tried a complete re-install? I’m going to try that today