Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2020, 12:51 AM
Sarnak

Default Necro pet with daggers

Does the thing with necro pets getting faster attack speed by giving them fast weapons exist currently?

Edit: I was also wondering about pet xp, I assume you only have to do 1 dmg to get xp in this current point in time?
Last edited by renegadeofunk; 02-18-2020 at 12:53 AM..
Old 02-18-2020, 03:13 AM
Sarnak

No. All pets have normalized attack speed regardless of weapons given.

And on P99 you have to do more than 50% of the mobs HPs when you are solo to avoid your pet taking half the exp. When grouped you always get full exp.
Old 02-18-2020, 03:22 AM
Planar Protector

The "do one damage to get full xp" pet thing wasn't brought in until 2002. Where do people keep getting this idea from? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Here's a Dev Corner post by Rich Waters explaining the (then new) pet XP changes:

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=960

Pets had always stolen half xp solo in Classic EQ, right from launch in March 1999. Additionally they are supposed to take a share of xp in groups if they outdamage the whole group.
Old 02-18-2020, 06:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegadeofunk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does the thing with necro pets getting faster attack speed by giving them fast weapons exist currently?

Edit: I was also wondering about pet xp, I assume you only have to do 1 dmg to get xp in this current point in time?
No it does not. As some other pointed, I doubt it ever did.

But giving your pet a 2 hander (rusty scythe are cheap and very good to that regard) will make your pet hit slightly harder w/o losing any hit speed

At least it does with MAG pets
Old 02-18-2020, 07:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaarsuvius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No it does not. As some other pointed, I doubt it ever did.

But giving your pet a 2 hander (rusty scythe are cheap and very good to that regard) will make your pet hit slightly harder w/o losing any hit speed

At least it does with MAG pets
It never did on p99, but it worked in original classic for quite a long time before it got nerfedd. and pet damage will only go up if the weapon has better damage than your pet's base damage/
Old 02-18-2020, 08:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It never did on p99, but it worked in original classic for quite a long time before it got nerfedd. and pet damage will only go up if the weapon has better damage than your pet's base damage/
I was under the impression that they did on Blue.
I think I've often seen 16 water pet hit for more than what it should when I gave it a scythe or halberd, but not with (shortened) spear, or any one hander.

I will have to double check my logs
Old 02-18-2020, 09:06 AM
Sarnak

I believe when pets are able to dual-wield (lvl 17 pet?) they’ll usually parse higher than with a 2-hander. Of equal quality of course (ex. fine steel swords vs. fine steel two-hander etc).

Mags proc weapons of course being the height of extremely good damage.

Does exp gained issue of pets taking exp work the same for charm pets? Do they always take half-exp, or only if you don’t do more than 50%? Can’t really see enchanters doing more than 50% though compared to a charm pet.
Old 02-18-2020, 09:07 AM
Sarnak

If you’re a low level necro, giving your pet a halberd is a massive dps boost. Max hit is like 12 around level 8? I think. My pet was doing hitting for 20.
Old 02-18-2020, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe when pets are able to dual-wield (lvl 17 pet?) they’ll usually parse higher than with a 2-hander. Of equal quality of course (ex. fine steel swords vs. fine steel two-hander etc).

Mags proc weapons of course being the height of extremely good damage.

Does exp gained issue of pets taking exp work the same for charm pets? Do they always take half-exp, or only if you don’t do more than 50%? Can’t really see enchanters doing more than 50% though compared to a charm pet.
You just don't let the pet hit until you've done 50%. With root, throwing the low level DoT on, and then like two (sometimes 3 depending on level of content) of your best DD and you're usually over 50%. Then you let your pet, whether charmed or animation, go kill the mob.

It's actually tougher with the animation because if root breaks early now you're in a DPS race because you can't call the animation off. With the charmed pet you can have it back off to avoid risking losing the damage race.

Edit: Alternatively, you can use the memblur technique and clear the mob's hate list which also apparently clears the damage sources. Then you just need to do the majority of damage to the remaining health. So you could let your pet do 75% of the damage, memblur, then do the majority of the remaining needed damage. Or at least people say it works that way.
Last edited by cd288; 02-18-2020 at 10:45 AM..
Old 02-18-2020, 12:20 PM
Sarnak

Just trow your pet with a halberd and kill 4 times as fast. Still a net gain and almost 0 downtime at low levels.

Then 50% isnt bad you’ll be 50 in no time.

Also can duo for same exp, so duo a healing class or another caster.

But even mote fun when available, 6 man groups [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread