Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2020, 12:23 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The low level quest exp changes was the main reason I found other things to play while periodically returning to Blue instead of diving into Green. Classic Everquest = playing with remembered values for experience from killing mobs AS WELL as completing quests. Period. It's as important as the value granted from the coin drop and what a merchant would offer you from your mob farming.

If the staff ever did blather out a line of "we were using the wrong values before and now they're right" - my personal experience from old retail Brell Serilis sharply conflicts with this, and so do 2000 era posts.

Kaladim Bone Chip Quest
https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...6&p=4#comments

Kaladim Crushbone Belt Quest
https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...4&p=4#comments

I clearly recall players using bone chips to reach a cheesy easy lvl 8 and CB belts to push 10-12 max when the returns became too harsh. I will agree that Blue 1999 DID have the values too high by a small degree, but Green's was tanked out of hand for a purpose other than keeping things classic.

And yet free Thex Daggers at lvl 1 were included. Green was a pick and choose environment of what was authentic and what wasn't. For the folks playing there and having a great time - more power to you and I'm glad that there's fun to be had.
Well said and I agree completely
Old 02-20-2020, 12:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeggred Baenre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The summoned sword of runes was player usable. It didnt even get the proc vs summoned till OCTOBER 1999. The patch notes from live talking about this are on your own forum ffs.

So you launched green with the proc and then removed the proc in FEB almost 4 months later? what? So far as a causal player thats been here supporting you since day 1 launch on blue/red waiting to get to this point Ive seen: double spawn rates?, second server?, LISTS for contested items?, nerfed below classic levels ALL newbie exp quests turn in's?, and fuck all other things Im sure I have missed.

Clown show, this might as well be Big Bobs mod'd EQ basement server. And if you "fixed" some of this stuff how and plan on bringing it back within the timeline- how about using a keyboard to type it out so we know whats going on.
Wait. They removed the proc ?
Old 02-20-2020, 09:49 AM
Sarnak

I've never done this, but 0% chance I change my actions because of some pointless directive made by someone on the internet
Old 02-20-2020, 09:57 AM
Banned

mads detected, please enter life raft to "fuck off back to blue"

thank you for your interest and remember, fuck off back to blue.
Old 02-20-2020, 10:20 AM
Sarnak

I rate this R&F thread Waahhh out of Not-classic.
Old 02-20-2020, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-20-2020, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

Old 02-20-2020, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Old 02-20-2020, 11:30 AM
Sarnak

Sounds like you should just make your own emulated server and run it as classic as you can without forgetting any minor details, OP.
Old 02-20-2020, 11:47 AM
Kobold

i conseder everthing up to pla es of power to be classic, u cant tell me what words i can use.

are u boss of the dictionary lmao
Closed Thread