Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-15-2020, 10:08 AM
Kobold

Anyone got a fix working for Catalina? Regretfully at work we had to update to Catalina and need ways to pass boring meetings! =)
Old 02-15-2020, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

There are no fixes for Catalina. Catalina no longer supports 32bit applications. You need a new partition/vm with an older version of osx, or windows.
Old 02-17-2020, 07:11 PM
Orc

Does anyone have the issue where your computer "tabs" out of the client during game play? Sometimes it does this while I am running and I will continue in a straight line, but sometimes I start spinning in place (which equals death and lag).

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

I am running High Sierra on a MacBook Pro (Yeah I know....)
Old 03-06-2020, 09:28 AM
Sarnak

I know it has been asked several times - but just curious if anyone has been able to get P99 to run on macOS Catalina yet? I've been able to play on 10.14 without much issue but I am thinking of buying a new mac soon and it won't be able to downgrade the OS - I'd rather not bootcamp or run a VM if I can avoid it.

Thanks all - love the unofficial support the P99 Mac community offers.
Old 03-17-2020, 12:45 PM
Skeleton

I am looking for ideas to help me get back running. I am not that knowledgeable about Macs, but was able to get wineskin working and had been playing P99 for about a month now. Two days ago I logged in and froze up so I CMD-Q the game. Since then I have not been able to get the my P99 skin to launch. When I click on it the icon bounces like it is going to start then nothing. Ideas?

I am using Nymes wrapper and Mojave.

-tluweyen
Old 03-17-2020, 07:39 PM
Large Bat

I had a similar issue tluweyen. A fresh install did the trick
Old 03-18-2020, 07:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluweyen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am looking for ideas to help me get back running. I am not that knowledgeable about Macs, but was able to get wineskin working and had been playing P99 for about a month now. Two days ago I logged in and froze up so I CMD-Q the game. Since then I have not been able to get the my P99 skin to launch. When I click on it the icon bounces like it is going to start then nothing. Ideas?

I am using Nymes wrapper and Mojave.

-tluweyen
Hay mate, this issue is a real pain.

My advice, which has been working for me for years with wineskin is this: keep a duplicate working copy of the everquest.app file somewhere. make this duplicate once you have working copy. Make a copy before each patch. If your copy ever stops working, its nice and easy to grab a new working copy off the duplicate.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:16 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncanator583 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does anyone have the issue where your computer "tabs" out of the client during game play? Sometimes it does this while I am running and I will continue in a straight line, but sometimes I start spinning in place (which equals death and lag).

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

I am running High Sierra on a MacBook Pro (Yeah I know....)
Hay mate, I use High Sierra too, as I do audio production and I'm not interested in upgrading. I had this issue for ages. You need to update all of your wineskin stuff, download the latest packages from the website, and the latest wine bottles then do a reinstall. Fixes the issue for me permanently.
Old 03-25-2020, 01:48 PM
Orc

'ello,

"9. The Windows EXE path should say "/P99/eqgame.exe". Verify that this path is valid. If you named your EQ folder something else, then replace the "P99" with that name. If you installed inside of Program Files, then be sure to add that to the path."

Why is the EXE path " /P99/eqgame.exe " AND NOT " /P99/Launch Titanium.bat " when the " Launch Titanium.bat " file is the file that is used to launch p99 on a PC/Windows computer? I ask because won't launching the game from the default EQ Titanium installation .exe ruin the copied P99 directory from the PC/Windows system that had been updated with the P99 files?

Thanks,
Old 03-27-2020, 05:43 PM
Orc

Default up and running

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrCrusade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
going into my eqclient.ini file and finding the line for Gamma. It said something like Gamma=20.0000000. I changed the 2 to an 8 and that worked for me.
Using Nyme's wrapper, copied files over into folders (replacing all, and not dragging folders themselves), replaced eqclient.ini and character UI files from my PCs folder and used StrCrusade's gamma tip; up and running on a Early 2008 MBP w/ NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 512 MB running El Capitan 10.11.6

thank all the brave mac users who have treaded this path before me!