Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2020, 01:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty sure (but we'd need an expert researcher like Dolalin or Rygor to confirm) that the mechanics of light blue XP never changed. The only thing that ever changed (right at the end of Velious IIRC) was the coloring: mobs who conned green, but gave XP, suddenly started conning light blue (but continued giving the exact same XP).
Thank you for saying this, because this is not the same statement as "I call XP greens 'light blue'" which is all anyone's done so far.

I'm still surprised that there are two tiers of XP penalty considering the small window of levels in which a green mob will give XP, but it at least clears that part up.
Old 12-15-2020, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
L = Level of mob being soloed. (If the mob is light blue or green, the xp earned will be 50%, 25% or 0% of the stated value.)
I suspect, in this instance, 'light blue' is being used to mean a blue mob 5+ levels below the player, green is being used to mean mob which is either green but xp, or possibly very low blue.
Old 12-15-2020, 03:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I suspect, in this instance, 'light blue' is being used to mean a blue mob 5+ levels below the player, green is being used to mean mob which is either green but xp, or possibly very low blue.
Well, it wouldn't be 5 levels since the mob in question is level 41, and they said the initial XP (pre 55) was in line with expected (without the 50% hit) given the new ZEM. That and the calculator does not account for it either (you can check this yourself by modifying the level down to something you KNOW gives 0 XP).

That said, I finally did some back-of-the-envelope calculations and the discrepancy is not accounted for by that factor. If the mob went to "light blue" after 54, then it should have taken 330 kills. Seems like "light blue" actually happened at 57.

Also, I retract my statement earlier that no one had mentioned what "light blue" actually meant in game terms. It had been a while since I read the first and second pages of this thread :P.
Old 12-15-2020, 03:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, it wouldn't be 5 levels since the mob in question is level 41, and they said the initial XP (pre 55) was in line with expected (without the 50% hit) given the new ZEM. That and the calculator does not account for it either (you can check this yourself by modifying the level down to something you KNOW gives 0 XP).

That said, I finally did some back-of-the-envelope calculations and the discrepancy is not accounted for by that factor. If the mob went to "light blue" after 54, then it should have taken 330 kills. Seems like "light blue" actually happened at 57.

Also, I retract my statement earlier that no one had mentioned what "light blue" actually meant in game terms. It had been a while since I read the first and second pages of this thread :P.
The op estimates a three level range on the mob. If they are right, then the numbers for 55 seem to work out if the two lower level spawns only give half xp, despite still conning blue.
Old 12-15-2020, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

Experience table on Green is wrong. And it's not rocket science to check.

It's common classic knowledge that 54 and 59 were especially hellacious.

55 and 56 should not take more exp than 54, but they do. Also the jump from 53 to 54 here is correct (~64%), but when tested with quest items it's ~90%.

Something is fishy.
Old 12-15-2020, 04:38 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are no known changes to the exp rate between green and blue. If there is something different with it, we will need to take some time and examples to work through the code and discover what it is. Quickly conferring with Rogean, he is also not aware of any intentional changes made.

Anyways, thanks for the productive post.
It should be fairly trivial to spawn and kill a few hundred Dyrna Nlith to compare numbers on Blue to test this, no?
Old 12-15-2020, 05:22 PM
Banned

55 is a hell level and took 5x the exp of 54 on live, i guess you didnt play live maybe thats why you went pro on project1999
Old 12-15-2020, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

I'll make it more simple for you Thulian: going from 54 to ding 55 and going from 59 to ding 60 were "double hell levels."

Google > your memory of 20 years ago. Try it out.
Old 12-15-2020, 07:24 PM
Fire Giant

A dark blue mob gives 100% experience. It will con something like "It appears to be quite formidible."
A light blue mob gives 50% experience. It will con something like "You would probably win this fight..it's not certain though."
A dark green mob gives 25% experience. It will con something like "You could probably win this fight."
A green mob gives no experience. It will con "You could probably win this fight."
Old 12-15-2020, 09:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll make it more simple for you Thulian: going from 54 to ding 55 and going from 59 to ding 60 were "double hell levels."

Google > your memory of 20 years ago. Try it out.
59 was triple hell.

https://www.cs.mun.ca/~dchurchill/html5/p99exp/
Turboshok - Firiona Vie Project - retired
Turbosilk/Dangeres/Turboshock - Green - Retired
Dangeres/Turbosilk - Blue - Retired
Turbosilk - Tunare/Firiona Vie - 60 Wizard - retired
Dangeres - Tunare/Firiona Vie - 60 Shaman - retired
Closed Thread