Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2020, 10:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great choice! Very versatile combination! Extremely Mobile! Y’all can make a zillion dollars PLing too.
We were thinking of duo AOE kiting, obviously he could do it on his own if he learned the mechanics--but I was wondering, as a druid, if I snare everything first so it runs slow and keep SoW on him, is it any easier on the bard? He'd really just need to focus on damage songs at that point and not get too too close, but I'm curious if the mob being snared makes landing bard songs any easier.
Old 12-21-2020, 05:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We were thinking of duo AOE kiting, obviously he could do it on his own if he learned the mechanics--but I was wondering, as a druid, if I snare everything first so it runs slow and keep SoW on him, is it any easier on the bard? He'd really just need to focus on damage songs at that point and not get too too close, but I'm curious if the mob being snared makes landing bard songs any easier.
Would absolutely make it less risky due to lag spikes etc, I would suggest him going low hp, then you can ensnare them all without pulling aggro. This method would be time consuming but will be more beneficial as you get higher lvl. There are certain camps indoors you can do that otherwise aren’t possible or feasible without snared mobs until lvl 54 when a bard can provide it themselves. Even then snare from a Druid is great bc the bards 48 and 54 songs do not stack.
Old 12-21-2020, 05:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would absolutely make it less risky due to lag spikes etc, I would suggest him going low hp, then you can ensnare them all without pulling aggro. This method would be time consuming but will be more beneficial as you get higher lvl. There are certain camps indoors you can do that otherwise aren’t possible or feasible without snared mobs until lvl 54 when a bard can provide it themselves. Even then snare from a Druid is great bc the bards 48 and 54 songs do not stack.
Unfortunately I don't follow--why make him go low HP?
Old 12-21-2020, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

Man just 2x charm or druid charm/fear kite/dot and obliterate everything. Will go faster than swarming at least until 54.
Old 12-22-2020, 07:23 AM
Banned

I would also recommend having the druid do some charming on the way up.

CT gators for sure for that sweet ZEM.

You guys can duo bear pits it might be the best xp possible to 60 (ZEM).
Old 12-22-2020, 07:57 AM
Banned

Yah really swarming will lose its allure once you hit lvl 55 in Kunark, Kedge and Permafrost duo charming will be great friends to you both at that point.
Old 12-22-2020, 11:18 AM
Banned

Don't forget Chardok, too!

Not the best ZEM but some money to be made.
Old 12-22-2020, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unfortunately I don't follow--why make him go low HP?
Low hp has priority aggro
Old 12-23-2020, 01:06 PM
Fire Giant

The problem with AOE everything is, what happens when you guys get bored of AOEing? It’s going to happen, I promise. IMO you should consider life outside of AOE where the game is actually fun. Bards are incredibly flexible and mesh with a ton of classes to accomplish many things. Wizards nuke and port. It’s just my opinion, but if you plan on spending most time in a duo, I would recommend considering other classes to pair with him. You guys will do well for XP regardless, it’s just how you choose to get exp and if you guys want to farm/crawl at all.

For example, the most fun I think I’ve had in EQ was crawling various dungeons on my bard with a couple of other buds playing a necro and a monk. Our synergy provided us with enough tools to handle dire situations and the damage/control to annihilate mobs for hours with really no downtime. We had a rogue join us on occasion and it was a slaughterhouse.

Now if you like the idea of investing the time and playing a wizard at 60, I can appreciate that. Just know you’re not the solid duo class if you guys decide to crawl. If you think your buddy will enjoy the kites, then by all means, you will have a fast track to level on. From my experience kiting, while massive XP gains are cool, is really boring. Since you mentioned your friend likes to be busy, I have to imagine he’d like to be playing in dungeons more than monotonously running in circles.

Again, this is just my opinion so “grain of salt”. Not that I need to tell you, but fun in EQ is also subjective. What I find enjoyable definitely doesn’t equate to what is fun for others.