Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2020, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noselacri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have people who bring up this point in every race thread ever taken a look at the kind of gear required to actually accomplish this? Because you basically need 100% BiS in every slot, which means like two straight years of raiding ToV uncontested. And even then, there's a lot of value in capping stats without buffs since you can only have 15 buffs at a time, so the advantage of fatty races never really goes away.
You don't need full BiS to obtain this. You really just need a primal weapon and Shaman buffs. A Warrior with Primal Avatar, Focus of Spirit, Maniacal Strength, Mortal Deftness, and Deleriously Nimble will get around +200 Str, +200 Dex, and +160 AGI. That would cap most if not all races stats at 255 naked. Then obviously you can remove the necessity for specific stat buffs as you get better gear to free up buff slots. STA Is harder to cap since it isn't included in Primal Avatar, but most decent Warrior gear has STA, and the normal strategy is to dump your starting points into STA.

Yes ST keys are usually expensive DKP wise, but certainly no where near 2 years worth of DKP, and they are a guaranteed drop off of at least 2 dragons per week. 2HS Primal Weapons tend to go for cheap, so the only real hurtle is the ST key itself.

As Snaggles points out, Warriors get less returns from racials, unless you plan on mostly soloing. The problem with that is Warriors are designed for group/raid tanking, so racials tend to become mostly muted whenever you end up using the class for it's intended purpose.

I am not saying Warriors can't solo well, the idea is more that you should only really worry about racials if you plan on soloing often. Otherwise just roll Ogre for Min/Max if you want to make the Warrior with the best group/raid tanking racial that can still be useful when soloing. And as myself and others have pointed out, Iksars have a lot of drawbacks that affect their ability to solo. So if you are focused on being a solo Warrior, you have quite a few better racial options to try and minimize your downtime.
Old 12-15-2020, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

Threads like these are fun. If I was making a warrior, it would be an Ogre. If I wanted to go for pure style, I would be a barbarian warrior.

If I was going for pure fun, I would be a woodelf warrior my original class / race combo.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-15-2020, 06:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Regen isn’t a big deal, bandaging/blood points takes care of that. The ac difference is unnoticeable when it matters.
Having played regen having and non-regen having warriors it is definitely noticable in any sort of light healing situation (solo, duos, trios even) This is esp. true with the combat bind wound nerf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I still kind of prefer hide/sneak to regen for the convenience, but 51+ regen is no joke.
Old 12-15-2020, 07:37 PM
Planar Protector

Keebz when do you use sneak? As a halfling, I almost never ever use it. I need to get wized up to when it comes in handy.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-16-2020, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keebz when do you use sneak? As a halfling, I almost never ever use it. I need to get wized up to when it comes in handy.
One of it's uses is being able to sell to merchants you wouldn't normally be able to. Very nice when soloing especially, since Warriors do not have easy access to travel spells like Gate.

For a while you could single pull mobs with sneak I believe, but that was fixed years ago unfortunately.
Old 12-16-2020, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
makes you slow walk like a P*I*M*P
Old 12-16-2020, 03:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
As others have mentioned you can buy/sell from dubious merchants, which is super convenient, esp. in places like Sol A or crystal caverns. In a similar fashion it also fixes faction for quest turn ins in many cases.

I've used it for getting through dungeons or just looking around. With sneak and wall hugging you can get around OK some places. Remember it makes you invisible to mobs facing away from you (you are not in the frontal most 90 degree arc of the mob) AND reduces your aggro radius even if they are.

My favorite use is binding in cities where I'm KoS and using sneak to get past the guards.

If you've ever used sneak on another non-rogue, like a monk/ranger the use cases are the same. It's probably easier to get a feel for on a monk then apply that familiarity back to your halfling.
Old 12-16-2020, 04:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having played regen having and non-regen having warriors it is definitely noticable in any sort of light healing situation (solo, duos, trios even) This is esp. true with the combat bind wound nerf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I still kind of prefer hide/sneak to regen for the convenience, but 51+ regen is no joke.

Same. I won't play any melee except troll for this reason. If you are a min maxer and keep your butt on the ground every second you aren't in combat while grinding it adds up and is noticeable.

It's the same with casters. Sit down between casts if they are short. The amount of people I see standing between casts is way too high. Cast. Sit. Cast. Sit.
Old 12-16-2020, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

I find it pretty handy for crossing siren’s grotto. There are probably better ways to do it without.
Old 12-16-2020, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

Cool. I missed out on the cheater ass sneak pull stuff I really wish I knew about that mega broken mechanic back when it was in place it would have made my life a lot easier in a lot of ways for a lot of time.

As a halfling cleric, I only ever wanted to sneak past the bats in Lguk, but it doesn't help there. With De mask and bristlebane worshipping I am pretty close to NON kos almost everywhere.

Still it is a cool feature and halflings are the best.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread