Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2020, 01:51 AM
Sarnak

Default Best Bard song twist for toe to toe melee? (60 epic bard)

I'm looking for some feedback from the many excellent bards here on what you think the best 4 song twist would be for a toe to toe melee fight. It's against a mob that summons and is immune to run speed changes, so the only option is to fight it heads up. Since the mob is immune to run speed changes I have to rely on Angstlich's Assonance for slows rather than largo's.

I have epic and tunare dagger, so I am relying on those procs for my main haste, but I figure Mcvaxius's rousing rondo is a no brainer as the second song to play. This gives me haste until a proc, the +attack and str, and the damage shield as well.

For offensive options, the mobs have fairly high MR, so one option is fufils for DoT + negative MR to make it easier to keep landing slow. Another option would be just doing Tuyen's (or Tuyen's x 2) for more powerful DoTs. The other idea for more damage would be one of the Psalm's for even more damage shield.

As far as defensive type options go, hymn of restoration for the hp regen is an option, or Niv's Harmonic for +AC.

So really I think the question comes down to which two songs would you twist alongside Angstlich and McVax for the most efficiency killing and best chances of winning (sometimes I finish fights as low as 20% hp). Any and all feedback is appreciated, including ideas that I didn't list. And if there are any other questions regarding gear or w/e that are relevant, please ask away!
Old 12-21-2020, 08:11 AM
Banned

What mob are you trying to kill? I’ve soloed A LOT of shit on my bard. Also you should preproc your epic/tunare on your singing steel helmet eyeball before a big fight, and make sure you singing steel bracer damage shield after that. Werewolf form from lute of the howler is also a big buff. Once we learn the mob, will be happy to give some suggestions on song setup for an effective kill. Also Angstlich's Assonance lasts 10 full tics unlike your other songs which frees you up to twist an extra song for 57 seconds [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Zipity; 12-21-2020 at 08:29 AM..
Old 12-22-2020, 03:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What mob are you trying to kill? I’ve soloed A LOT of shit on my bard. Also you should preproc your epic/tunare on your singing steel helmet eyeball before a big fight, and make sure you singing steel bracer damage shield after that. Werewolf form from lute of the howler is also a big buff. Once we learn the mob, will be happy to give some suggestions on song setup for an effective kill. Also Angstlich's Assonance lasts 10 full tics unlike your other songs which frees you up to twist an extra song for 57 seconds [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dwarfs in ThurgB, it's not a big enough fight to do the pre-proc on helm eyeball but good to keep in mind as an option. I have the SS bracer as well for the damage shield. I didn't think about that lute as an extra buff that's a great idea, does it stack with both epic proc and tunare dagger proc though? I do realize Angstlich lasts for 10 tics but because I can run into 2-3 resists in a row I feel like it's a good idea to keep it in the 4 song twist to make sure it doesn't drop, but maybe I am overdoing it with that. Anything else that would be helpful to know?
Old 12-22-2020, 08:15 AM
Banned

What is your goal killing dwarves in thurg b, you can swarm kite like 18 in thurg that don’t summon or there is 14 in EW on a 6 min timer that drop heads too if faction is what your after. You could tash orb and have no issues with resists just mez and then only swing orb once next mez is about to land. Werewolf illusion is also 18% haste better than mcvaxius.
Last edited by Zipity; 12-22-2020 at 08:19 AM..
Old 12-23-2020, 03:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is your goal killing dwarves in thurg b, you can swarm kite like 18 in thurg that don’t summon or there is 14 in EW on a 6 min timer that drop heads too if faction is what your after. You could tash orb and have no issues with resists just mez and then only swing orb once next mez is about to land. Werewolf illusion is also 18% haste better than mcvaxius.
The goal in thurgB is to achieve 3 things at the same time: Faction, xp, and the royal velium gear they drop for fashionquesting. They aren't so rough that I'd spend the time on a pre-tash, nor on the pre-proc of epic or tunare dagger as you mentioned. What I was wondering about the werewolf illusion is if it stacks with the weapon procs, as well as with McVax. Once I get a proc the haste doesn't matter so the damage shield from mcvax is nice.

And you still never answered the question about what you think the best 4 song twist is! Maybe to simplify, which two would you pick out of:

-Tuyen's flame
-Psalm of warmth for damage shield
-Denon's bereavement (slightly less damage than tuyens but has -mr)
-Fufils (less damage but has -mr)
-Hymn of resto for hp regen
-Tuyen's frost (dwarves may be more CR resistant idk)
-Niv's for +AC

Or is there one I am overlooking you would add in?
Last edited by JackofSpade; 12-23-2020 at 03:16 AM..
Old 12-23-2020, 10:38 AM
Banned

Hymn, Nivs(lvl 47 song +16regen @60 with epic), mcvaxius, composition of ervaj(adds stackable 10% haste AND Ac)
Or
Hymn, psalm of cooling, Mcvaxius, composition of ervaj

With werewolf illusion and bracer DS, the attack from epic and werewolf stacks iirc but doesn’t stack with ranger buff I don’t think.

You’d have to test which is better the additional 16 regen per tic or the additional damage shield. Also you could perhaps smack with OOS right before your 1min slow Attempts if they are resisting often.

With epic + 41% haste you aren’t haste capped hence the ervaj.
Tunare proc + 41% is 100% haste but you said you aren’t preproc.
If you don’t have a 41% haste item that song will definitely fill your 4th spot nicely.
Old 12-27-2020, 03:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Hymn, Nivs(lvl 47 song +16regen @60 with epic), mcvaxius, composition of ervaj(adds stackable 10% haste AND Ac)
Or
Hymn, psalm of cooling, Mcvaxius, composition of ervaj

With werewolf illusion and bracer DS, the attack from epic and werewolf stacks iirc but doesn’t stack with ranger buff I don’t think.

You’d have to test which is better the additional 16 regen per tic or the additional damage shield. Also you could perhaps smack with OOS right before your 1min slow Attempts if they are resisting often.

With epic + 41% haste you aren’t haste capped hence the ervaj.
Tunare proc + 41% is 100% haste but you said you aren’t preproc.
If you don’t have a 41% haste item that song will definitely fill your 4th spot nicely.
I have 41% haste so comp of ervaj isn't needed. Even with OOS slow sometimes gets resisted so just keeping anglitch rolling is the most efficient overall I think. I got the lute of the howler and that has made a huge difference, hitting max str and 1400 attack after procs now, so thanks for that suggestion! I've solidified the 3rd song as denon's since the dot is just about as good as the tuyens but it has that nice -mr component.

I'm still not sure what is most efficient for the 4th song between hymn for heals, or using tuyens or damage shield song for more dps. I guess I'll have to look at some logs to see which of the two offensive options does more dps, but I'm not sure how to compare that to the healing song. Doing a straight up comparison, healing song is +23 a tick vs. 56 damage a tick from the DoT (although it is sometimes resisted). However, idk if adding health to my pool is more advantageous than taking more away from the mob, as the mob as a bigger hp pool than i do obviously. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks for the feedback and ideas btw, just adding the lute alone I haven't had too many close calls since that, unless slow takes multiple attempts to land and weaps take a while to proc. Even then I still haven't finished a fight under 25%ish, so thanks for that tip!
Old 12-27-2020, 01:03 PM
Banned

Well what’s the mobs total HP, what’s your avg DPS and what’s the mobs AVG DPs on you, and are you sporting a fungi, or do you have ring 10, stacked AoB? Al these things effect the numbers. I would definitely lean towards the damage shield doing more for you than the dot fighting. I still think hymn + mcvaxius + psalm of cooling/Nivs(48) + slow will probably net you best results but don’t really know your gear and how many avg hits per round the mob is doing against you which will effect your dmg shield vs regen numbers. You also have to take into account that the mob dying faster from DS means more kills per hour which gets you to your goal quicker as you can always really jack the regen up after the fight. If you are finishing most at +25% though you are doing solid. Should try to use some DKP for a vyemm whip and/or tri plated golden hackle hammer.
Old 12-28-2020, 01:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Well what’s the mobs total HP, what’s your avg DPS and what’s the mobs AVG DPs on you, and are you sporting a fungi, or do you have ring 10, stacked AoB? Al these things effect the numbers. I would definitely lean towards the damage shield doing more for you than the dot fighting. I still think hymn + mcvaxius + psalm of cooling/Nivs(48) + slow will probably net you best results but don’t really know your gear and how many avg hits per round the mob is doing against you which will effect your dmg shield vs regen numbers. You also have to take into account that the mob dying faster from DS means more kills per hour which gets you to your goal quicker as you can always really jack the regen up after the fight. If you are finishing most at +25% though you are doing solid. Should try to use some DKP for a vyemm whip and/or tri plated golden hackle hammer.
Going off of wiki the mob has 7500hp. Here is a link for the listed stats of the mob: https://wiki.project1999.com/An_Icewell_Sentry

I don't have a dps meter so I don't have numbers on my dps or mob dps on me. I have a fungi, but I wear Vindi BP during the fight and switch to fungi between fights for regen. Do you think it would be more efficient to just wear the fungi the entire time? I have 3 AoB items between the vindi BP, a turtle belt, and SWC, so switching to the fungi would be a net +9 per tick. My thinking was that the additional AC for mitigation and attack for killing faster outweighs the extra regen, but I'd love to hear your thoughts on that. I do have a ring 10, but that click effect obviously stacks with the worn regen.

To answer some of the latter points, wiki says the mob hits for triples so you are prob right that running the damage shield will net better results in the long run than any of the DoT songs. I'll also try some kills with the regen song / songs running and see which combos result in the most kills per hour. Solid suggestions also on the DKP items so I'll keep an eye on those as well to see if i can get them for a good price.
Old 12-28-2020, 07:48 AM
Banned

Yea man you are getting to the upper echelon of bard stuff with your gear it sounds like, those mobs don’t get buffed by clerics or anything before you fight them do they? A quick high sun would take care of that as well as that can be 1000+ hp. A willsapper as much as people would hate you sounds like it would also be really good here roflmao. Yea with 3 AoB I’d probably keep the extra AC and 160hp and atk from vindi bp
Closed Thread