Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2021, 01:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well said.
And a well said to you good sir. Thank you for all you do around here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-06-2021, 02:11 PM
Aviak

StrongNPretty- you sir, just hit so many nails squarely on the head for how I'd like to enjoy my gaming time. I'll be rolling something on Red in the next couple days.

Probably gonna dig deeper into class selection until then...

Getting excited to jump into the allegedly dead server! lol
For reals though. I am looking forward to getting involved in the community.
Old 01-06-2021, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been a blue player since 2016. And I joined the green server race when that all started too.. Ultimately i have found my home on red these days... PVP is and was a part of EQ's history, so everybody should experience and make a character here regardless.. If you enjoy EQ, then you should have a toon on all 3 servers honestly.. They all have their reasons to play on.

That being said- Red is my home for a few reasons. I cannot compete with folks on green or blue.. my life doesnt allow such playtime. And i found myself getting quite discouraged by all my buddies getting loots and raiding, or developing these relationships that i wasn't..

Red helps me balance all these feelings.. The low populations keeps me feeling involved.. I know the names, the names know me. And i have 0 feeling of needing to beat everquest.. Everyday since i joined has been seriously stress free and enjoyable! Camps are open. The PVP aspect breathes fresh life into P99 for me, different strategies and what not. Bigger focus on other types of gear and what not.

Red is fun for what red provides and does best. Gotta be a self motivator over here.. Need to be the type of person that when there is nobody around to group with or kill, that you can find plenty of things to do to keep you busy.. Complete quests, or camp gear you otherwise can't on the other servers! Come here for PVP. Come here for PVE.. Whatever your reasons are- Try red today!!
ya redoubling my efforts to get mage, wiz, and clr, and necro max lvl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

BTW @OP I currently have 3 lvl 50 chars and have had a lvl 60 char and several other lvl 50 chars in the past here. Keep your account info on a postit note and dont' lose track this server may be here in 10 more years still and by then you will have some decent adventures under your belt to look back on [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by magnetaress; 01-06-2021 at 02:34 PM..
Old 01-06-2021, 02:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBStrong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
StrongNPretty- you sir, just hit so many nails squarely on the head for how I'd like to enjoy my gaming time. I'll be rolling something on Red in the next couple days.

Probably gonna dig deeper into class selection until then...

Getting excited to jump into the allegedly dead server! lol
For reals though. I am looking forward to getting involved in the community.
Sanctuary is the leveling guild on the server. As a past PVE player, they make me feel like i have a home.. It's nice having a group of folks i can trust and ask for favors or to join me in adventures..

Sometimes it gets a little scary on red taking ports or joining groups outside the guild... But it's those kinda things that make the server fun. Like, should i trust this guy for a port? Who is this level 27 who's LFG, does he actually want to group or is he gonna turn around and gank me.

Anyways, super happy to have you here man!! Always happy to provide a starter package for anybody joining up! And if you are looking to join sanctuary, feel free to holler at me!
Old 01-06-2021, 07:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBStrong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also wondering what all the commotion is, over the current Red server being 'broken', and wanting/needing a new version. Is current Red something to be avoided until things improve? What is so 'bad' about it? I'll not play live, TLP PvP or otherwise, so Red is basically going to be my go to PvP training grounds. Is it worth my (limited) time to begin a true newbie on Red? or should I just stick to grinding on Green?
To me it feels like its a basketball game that's been playing so long the score is, 1,024,272 to 2,008,101 and hopefully one day someone can reach up and press the reset switch.

red in this version should still be good. I just can't play it right now. I've leveled up plenty of characters and it all turned out fine. (250 population.) I don't even know how many times I've been Pked. My memory says less than 10 but that can't be right. If you can prepare mentally that its going to be rough then it might not be and you may enjoy a new perspective on EQ.

I may have not even got a single PK kill.
Old 01-06-2021, 10:58 PM
Planar Protector

I've won like 4 fights in this game. 3 was backing up a group. I've lost and had to play an alt like 500 times over like 6 years.
Old 01-07-2021, 08:41 AM
Sarnak

I tried Red and it is everything StrongNpretty says. The only thing I will add from my experiance is that you will feel VERY under geared anytime you get into a pvp situation. Everyone you face will have far better gear and you will have literally no chance. So unless you have a friend to sponsor you then DO NOT go to red for the pvp aspect because you will be sorely disappointed.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy79bu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried Red and it is everything StrongNpretty says. The only thing I will add from my experiance is that you will feel VERY under geared anytime you get into a pvp situation. Everyone you face will have far better gear and you will have literally no chance. So unless you have a friend to sponsor you then DO NOT go to red for the pvp aspect because you will be sorely disappointed.
True but there are also scrubs like me running around. It's just exceedingly rare to run into one of the 5-10 of us, and us scrubs, and naked casters are usually inclined to help each other.

I have run into twinked and well geared melee that helped me fight in unrest and guk as well. Rarely, but the good guys are out there.

Newbies won't be fairing well against the other 90% of the regulars though who've had years to gear and pvp.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And a well said to you good sir. Thank you for all you do around here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What does he do around here besides posts long winded pointless thoughts? You guys all just want to /massage each other weeknprettysick.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What does he do around here besides posts long winded pointless thoughts? You guys all just want to /massage each other weeknprettysick.
We want you to log on and /emote backrubs
Closed Thread