Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2021, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Two reasons:

- P99's database took a decade to be built be a team of volunteers and it's not public
- P99's source code took a decade to reach its current form and it's not public
thanks for saying it correctly
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-19-2021, 01:01 AM
Planar Protector

The guy we would need to secure to code is already in prison on elf sim related charges. He does have a book deal though, maybe he’ll be able to afford a attorney if he manages to sell more than 2 copies
Old 01-19-2021, 01:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The guy we would need to secure to code is already in prison on elf sim related charges. He does have a book deal though, maybe he’ll be able to afford a attorney if he manages to sell more than 2 copies
Does he have an onlyfans, ill contribute.
Old 01-19-2021, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

I know this might be an anathema to everyone who plays on Red, but sometimes in life you can get more done by working with people.

If someone actually setup a "fake classic" (ie. stock eq emulator with limited zones and such) PvP server, built a community (and that doesn't just mean a community of players: it also needs a community of volunteers, because you can't get "no two-boxing" without staff) ...

... and then said to R&N "look, we've got more people than Red, people like what we have, but it's not classic and we want it to be: can you help us?" ... well, maybe I'm crazy and wrong, but I think R&N might just help. They might share their source/database, or they might offer to spin up a new Red and let this server's team manage it. Who knows?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-19-2021, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

I think you're right Loramin.

But RoZ is already trying and honestly I would rather have the community concentrated here just for the increased exposure to the vast majority of the EQEMU population that a P99 PVP server gets.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-19-2021, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know this might be an anathema to everyone who plays on Red, but sometimes in life you can get more done by working with people.

If someone actually setup a "fake classic" (ie. stock eq emulator with limited zones and such) PvP server, built a community (and that doesn't just mean a community of players: it also needs a community of volunteers, because you can't get "no two-boxing" without staff) ...

... and then said to R&N "look, we've got more people than Red, people like what we have, but it's not classic and we want it to be: can you help us?" ... well, maybe I'm crazy and wrong, but I think R&N might just help. They might share their source/database, or they might offer to spin up a new Red and let this server's team manage it. Who knows?
PVP at the server level
Old 01-22-2021, 04:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think they will release new Blue server at same time as new Red server. They don't hate us that much. It would make both servers weaker.

We should get some wow classic people to come try actual classic MMO experience.
Didnt they do something like that to red though? Cant remember the specifics, maybe when they removed xp loss in pvp? I remember at some points thinking these decisions cant be real, they want red to fail for some reason. Looking back on it with the derubael rmt debacle im tempted to think dollars were involved in blue so reds growth had to be kept under control.
Old 01-22-2021, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

I can't remember for sure. Sometimes it felt like they only made bad choices for the server. They did ultimately make it a flat 4 level pvp range with no EXP loss on pvp death but the ruleset from on high was questioned from the beginning on the beta server. I don't even remember people asking beta to close there were all kinds of things that people wanted to actually BETA TEST before the server launch. The beta went for a long time with no few changes implemented, and then the server went live. For me I was caught off guard because I already gave up on beta and wasn't paying attention to the live launch and was really bummed about that.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 01-22-2021 at 04:22 PM..
Old 01-22-2021, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Serious question. Kinda.

I'm sure between the 50 of us we have some money and knowledge.

Not all of us are on disability and welfare.. right?
do you think making a classic accurate server is something you pull out of your ass? there is a reason rogean keeps his code locked up.
Old 01-22-2021, 09:14 PM
Banned

why dont you low lifes just play on red? whats the problem? why do you fight it?
Closed Thread