Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2020, 11:02 AM
Banned

guk and sol b needed anerf because thats where everyone went

its not about zem its about pull speed and mob availability
Old 05-28-2020, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They don't need to shift ZEMs around....just raise those two classic zones up a bit to match other zones...

Right now you have
165ish ZEM (Permafrost / kedge, it makes sense. Permafrost is out in nowhere, and Kedge is a pain)
150 ZEM zones (the hot cookies, Runnyeye, splitpaw, cazic, the hole and so on)
125 ZEM (pretty good, crushbone, upper guk, sol a, blackburrow, and so on)
100 ZEM (a lot of places now, all of the outdoor general zones are here now)
and then......

Mistmoore = 87
Lower guk = 75
Nagafen's Lair = 75

Really, they are now the WORSE places to level in the game.... by a huge amount :|

They should be 100-125 zem to fit into the rest of the game. Then everything is fine (leave them a little under other zones to encourage more of those).

And for the "it's because of the loot"....whaaat? That isn't how this works. If you want loot, just finish getting to 50 and go camp something :P
Trying to find the words to describe your post. I guess "complainy" might work? "Inaccurate" with respect to your last statement also might be a good descriptor.

They don't need to be upped at all. They used to be up top and then the ZEMs were rotated to encourage people to go elsewhere...that's what was done in classic. Maybe they will be rotated back eventually. But to say that the zones need to be bumped back up so everything is equal just strikes me as such a modern MMO gamer "I don't want to have to make trade offs, I just want to be able to do whatever I want" type of mindset.

And yes, the loot IS in fact how that works because it does factor into ZEM decisions. Or at least it did in Classic. If a dungeon has better loot and so no one is going to the other dungeons, you rotate the ZEMs around to give people a reason to go to that other dungeon. Why do you think Splitpaw and Runnyeye have historically been empty on P99? They are challenging dungeons, often with lesser quality loot, and the old ZEMs didn't make taking on that challenge and sacrificing loot worth it.

And it most likely is about loot for you I'm guessing. If it's only about EXP, why don't you go to those dungeons at the higher end of the ZEM range now? You can level there and get the better EXP that you seem to want. Oh wait, right...you'd have to go get shitty loot in Splitpaw and you want to camp good loot in Guk while ALSO having a high ZEM.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:31 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Haha

Finally somebody said it. This is a classic server you’re not suppose to get everything you want, if you want to play a game like that then go back to WoW.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:59 PM
Fire Giant

Sheesh. Folks love complaining about nonsense. Maybe just go enjoy the game as opposed to taxing the project team.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sheesh. Folks love complaining about nonsense. Maybe just go enjoy the game as opposed to taxing the project team.
Lol why are some people so interested in keeping two classic zones empty?? Are you working for the kobolds?!

It's soooo strange.

Right now those zones are ghost towns except for high levels solo camping loot. They are neat zones, fun to level in (and I'm leveling up a character for the first time in years)... it would be neat to return to those places and do some killing.

I like the ZEM changes overall (permafrost has been amazing getting to know that zone for once!).

But Guk and Sol B were just great zones too, it's a shame they are ghost towns and there is no reason for someone leveling to go there.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by twaggoner2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Finally somebody said it. This is a classic server you’re not suppose to get everything you want, if you want to play a game like that then go back to WoW.
This is true.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is true.
Yeah I think we can move this thread to resolved now that OP got owned.
Old 05-28-2020, 08:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I think we can move this thread to resolved now that OP got owned.
Except I won, yet you keep respawning.... even though you don't drop anything and I don't want to keep slaying you as I spit mad fire.
Old 05-29-2020, 01:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except I won, yet you keep respawning.... even though you don't drop anything and I don't want to keep slaying you as I spit mad fire.
You have to clear that mob. It's a roamer. It'll show up everywhere and waste your time.

jk cd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread