Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2020, 03:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another 220 cha test, this time 5% crit resist. Welcome Guard Tolax, Punox having fallen victim to guard farmers the night before.

Notice the streaky RNG. I crit right away, then nothing for over 6 minutes of casting, then 3 clustered close.

[/CODE]
I truly believe the The RNG in EQ Server engine code is not well designed. I see clusters of "variances" all the time.
Old 04-24-2020, 07:49 PM
Planar Protector

thats because true rng does not exist unless you're in some laboratory and observing radioactive half lives
Old 05-04-2020, 11:44 PM
Planar Protector

Nice
Old 05-27-2020, 04:30 AM
Large Bat

So going CHA at character creation isn't that bad of an idea? I've seen it suggested fairly often in posts and or optimal min/max spreadsheets.
Last edited by Buttermilk; 05-27-2020 at 04:31 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-27-2020, 04:38 AM
Planar Protector

Proper Rng should be spikey...
Old 05-27-2020, 04:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Proper Rng should be spikey...
The spikiness of a proper RNG should be random.
Old 05-27-2020, 09:30 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I truly believe the The RNG in EQ Server engine code is not well designed. I see clusters of "variances" all the time.
That's how RNG functions. People often confuse RNG with "equally distributed different outcomes", it's not, if you have a number generator randomly select a number between 1 and 4 you'll see the occasional chain of one of those numbers.

If I flip a coin 4 times and hit heads every time, the 5th time I flip it isn't weighted towards tails, it's still 50/50, it could be heads another 40 times its just unlikely.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttermilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So going CHA at character creation isn't that bad of an idea? I've seen it suggested fairly often in posts and or optimal min/max spreadsheets.
Its by far the best option.
Old 05-27-2020, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's how RNG functions. People often confuse RNG with "equally distributed different outcomes", it's not, if you have a number generator randomly select a number between 1 and 4 you'll see the occasional chain of one of those numbers.

If I flip a coin 4 times and hit heads every time, the 5th time I flip it isn't weighted towards tails, it's still 50/50, it could be heads another 40 times its just unlikely.
This guy stats!

Now, if I have three doors, with a Fungal Tunic behind one door and a Rusty Spear behind the other two (set randomly by the RNG), and I give you a choice of door, but then once you pick I eliminate one Rusty Spear door and give you an option to change your pick to the remaining door ... should you ? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-27-2020, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This guy stats!

Now, if I have three doors, with a Fungal Tunic behind one door and a Rusty Spear behind the other two (set randomly by the RNG), and I give you a choice of door, but then once you pick I eliminate one Rusty Spear door and give you an option to change your pick to the remaining door ... should you ? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's the notorious Monty Hall problem. Its critical mechanic is that the host can never open the door with the prize nor can he open the door that the contestant initially picked.
Closed Thread