Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2020, 12:58 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default First time playing EQ

Hello and as the title of this thread says this is my first time playing Everquest.

I've always been interested in the mmorpg genre but I never got super stuck into it until I one day I got interested in trying vanilla private server WoW. Which now that classic is out I sort of miss because it was much more challenging compared to classic.

I did try Everquest once in 2018 when I was vcing with one of my friends but quit within a 5 minutes because of all the ads telling me to buy things.

But so far on this private server I have been enjoying my time learning the game and leveling, I've also been occasionally streaming it since its probably entertaining to see someone who has never really played this game before stumble through it.
If you guys have any tips or info that might be useful I would really appreciate it, thanks.
Old 05-17-2020, 02:38 PM
Kobold

Take it slow, don't burn out on grinding levels, try out other classes as they're often so differently played as to feel like a different game, and talk to people to replace quality of life elements you might be used to from other mmorpg (e.g. if lost, can't find corpse, hunting specific critter, ask in /ooc often people will enjoy helping)
Old 05-17-2020, 02:59 PM
Fire Giant

low level items to keep for sell to players (in EC) : High Quality Bear Skin, Greater Lightstone, deathfist/crushbone belts or pads
Old 05-17-2020, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Stream address?
Old 05-17-2020, 04:14 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Take it slow, don't burn out on grinding levels, try out other classes as they're often so differently played as to feel like a different game, and talk to people to replace quality of life elements you might be used to from other mmorpg (e.g. if lost, can't find corpse, hunting specific critter, ask in /ooc often people will enjoy helping)
I am trying my best to not burn out on this game by trying to improve my skills in drawing and video editing because why not do something productive with all this free time.

I'm also not sure if I want to try out a different class just yet since its taking me a while to level as is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnabusCollins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
low level items to keep for sell to players (in EC) : High Quality Bear Skin, Greater Lightstone, deathfist/crushbone belts or pads
I did know about the deathfist belts because I saw someone wanting to buy them but thanks for telling me about the bear skins and lightstones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stream address?
https://www.twitch.tv/yushe
Sometimes I use my mic and sometimes I don't, it depends on how I feel and if anyone asks me in chat.
Old 05-17-2020, 10:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yushe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you guys have any tips or info that might be useful I would really appreciate it, thanks.
Allow me to present a series of haikus which you can contemplate in the cherry blossom garden as the soft warm spring wind blows from the west highlands, bringing with it the hint of earthy chrysanthemum.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

before you go forth
it's time to read the Wiki...
but it sometimes lies

spend your time here well
not arguing with children...
let them have the camp

is your class inspired...
eight slots there for a reason
time to make some alts

your greatest effort
is finally rewarded...
another has more

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-17-2020, 11:27 PM
Fire Giant

Wink

Consider everything when you are out in the world so you don't get randomly killed. Kos = killed on sight, anything that glares, or scowls at you after /con is a kos creature. Green and below won't agro if your standing but if you sit and med they will attempt to punch your face.

Good luck out there and welcome to Norrath!
Old 05-18-2020, 03:14 AM
Kobold

On the flip side, if you’re under lockdown and have tons of time maybe you SHOULD grind out 50 ASAP
Old 05-18-2020, 10:08 AM
Fire Giant

Some greens in upper guk will agro a standing 60
Old 05-18-2020, 08:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yushe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pet toons are the easiest to start, necro and mage. Necro is not welcome everywhere, so better choice is mage. But necro gets pet al lv1 mage at lv4.

Don't know what you have, where you started, but Gnome starting area (Ak... some strange town name) or Wood Elf (Kelethin) or third, Kaladim are best starting areas. You can move between then with lvl1 (although when going through Lesser Faydark, it is higher level area, just stay by the wall and it is really short trip, not dangerous.)

These three starting areas are very good for making starting money. Plenty of skeletons at lvl1, you want to collect Bone Chips. They sell for 5platina per stack. On Blue I got 10 but maybe someone was just helping me out. Also keep sprideline and spider silk. Don't know how much they sell for, though. Probably similar per stack?

At level 7 you can start (earlier if in the group) harvesting some Belts from Orcs. They sell 2 platina per piece. Both Bone Chips and these Crushbone Belts sells good, because players use them for leveling up. (quest turn in in Kaladim)

At lvl12 you have excellent (but always camped of course) Sisters camp, dropped weapon sells for 1-4 platina. You can get 50+ platina in 2-3 hours. (per memory, probably faster, i was sharing lot with someone - by the time I leveled from 12 to 13 I got over 50 platina.) And all these zones are connected. So I hope you started there.

I'm new too and clumsy player, I have a feeling I have record number of deaths. Just can't prove it, can't find stats ;-)

I joined the guild, just to occasionally ask questions about this brutal game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Some starting help:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Newbie

http://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide

http://wiki.project1999.com/Treasure_Hunting_Guide

all kind of players created guides for each class:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Adventure

money guide lvl 12+

http://wiki.project1999.com/Platinum...or_new_players
Last edited by pivo; 05-18-2020 at 09:14 PM..
Closed Thread