Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 11:30 PM
Orc

Now there should never really be a merger, or might as well merge all three(blue,green,teal) when they do decide to do it.
Old 11-04-2019, 12:35 AM
Kobold

I just took it as a given that it wasn't allowed, but honestly I'm surprised anyone would argue for boxing.

The logical thing to conclude from Rogean's post is that they will merge right before releasing Kunark. This means people who aren't dedicating all their characters to raid guilds can play both servers at the same time, farm lists, lock down easy camps like AC etc knowing they'll eventually get that character back.

It may seem like barely anyone would do this, but I'd bet it's higher than you might think. Not catastrophically so, but still meaningful, and more importantly meaningless to allow it.
Old 11-04-2019, 12:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just took it as a given that it wasn't allowed, but honestly I'm surprised anyone would argue for boxing.

The logical thing to conclude from Rogean's post is that they will merge right before releasing Kunark. This means people who aren't dedicating all their characters to raid guilds can play both servers at the same time, farm lists, lock down easy camps like AC etc knowing they'll eventually get that character back.

It may seem like barely anyone would do this, but I'd bet it's higher than you might think. Not catastrophically so, but still meaningful, and more importantly meaningless to allow it.
Not sure why anyone thought this was like a made up concern pre-split. You have always been able to do this on p99 servers and tons of people will do it for Green and teal
Old 11-04-2019, 12:45 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by VII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You released teal to help lower population on green. Great idea. However, if you allow players to play a character on each, they'll just /move a toon to teal, make another on green, and nothing's been solved. Green's population is still rimming 2k. All that's happened is you're giving the hardcore players 2x the chance to get limited edition loot.

Make it one or the other. Got a dude on green, can't play teal and visa versa.
Maybe...you need to take a breath...or a coffee..or some vacation...its just a fucking game men !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-04-2019, 12:47 AM
Fire Giant

It's a fair point the servers are gonna be merged that one should not be allowed to level on both simultaneously
Old 11-04-2019, 01:10 AM
Orc

It makes sense to only allow play on one server, as Teal is effectively just a long-term instance of Green designed to relieve pressure of overcrowding.

The above statement that "they're going to be merged again, which means all the cash and items will be merged as well" should make it crystal clear that you'd be effectively two boxing the entire time til they merged, which does jack the economy a bit.

More importantly, it does not shit to alleviate pressure on Green if even just 1/4 of the folks on Teal are also playing Green, which is totally likely.

Multiple clients on servers that will never interact doesn't have these problems.
Old 11-04-2019, 01:25 AM
Kobold

I don't think we should allow boxing because then I have to play two servers in order to properly deny pixels.

Seriously though, none of those legacy items are even that good. But if there's 100 more manastones then I have to rmt mine for $5 less in a few years when I'm homeless because all the shit filled socks finally got my house condemned.
Old 11-04-2019, 02:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
stop fucking badgering the staff jesus fuck, talk about de-incentivizing them to do anything interesting

Right? Like what the fuck they release this beautiful new server, now another one and immediately its like "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I WANT IT THIS WAY".

I am worried Rogean gonna snap one day and delete all our pixels.
Old 11-04-2019, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It makes sense to only allow play on one server, as Teal is effectively just a long-term instance of Green designed to relieve pressure of overcrowding.

The above statement that "they're going to be merged again, which means all the cash and items will be merged as well" should make it crystal clear that you'd be effectively two boxing the entire time til they merged, which does jack the economy a bit.

More importantly, it does not shit to alleviate pressure on Green if even just 1/4 of the folks on Teal are also playing Green, which is totally likely.

Multiple clients on servers that will never interact doesn't have these problems.
This was always going to be the case (it has always been the case with all P99 servers that you can play on multiple servers simultaneously), and when it was brought up as one of the reasons not to split the server all you people went "MUH BUT MY EXP IS SLOW RIGHT NOW!" Well, you guys got what you wanted with splitting the servers and now you have to deal with it.
Old 11-04-2019, 12:31 PM
Fire Giant

you guys are complaining about this but we have always been able to do this Can play red and blue at the same time no issues can play green and blue at the same time can play red and green at the sametime when teal merges with green It wont allow boxing so stop crying and before anyone says im taking advantage of this im not I could careless as I broke my foot and currently in the hostpital

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Closed Thread