Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: You have been selected for additional screening.
This flimsy mask will surely protect me. 44 20.66%
I have or wish to have the Coronavirus. 24 11.27%
I have some other virus; HIV or maybe viral Meningitis. 7 3.29%
I am already dead. 67 31.46%
On my way to Vegas, Randall Flagg is calling. 32 15.02%
Mossad agents are dancing again. 39 18.31%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2020, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The US Workforce isnt manufacturing anything, and on the global productivity scale is on the bottom 10%

There is a special on netflix called american factory, i think it will broaden your view on how manufacturing and factories work. Its an A+ Watch
No no no. This:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woke Locc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Buy more shoes from China. It keeps them occupied with peasant work while we perform 100x more valuable tasks.
We have China completely by the balls. We print endless streams of money and give those promises to them in exchange for low-end goods. They can't say no and devote their base to satisfying our demands. Meanwhile if we chose to, we could completely cripple them. It would take a year or two to gear production back up for those goods if something "happened" to our Chinese partners or their precious trade routes. We can easily shift production to India or Vietnam as Apple has been doing recently. I'm sure the Mexicans and other guys from that area would love to take up the burden.

Meanwhile the Chinese would have nowhere to unload their junk and they wouldn't be ready to take up the slack for high-end domestic product in nearly the time it would take us to dust off the old factories. We have those guys right where we want them.

edit: I agree our manufacturing sucks (except for like Raytheon and high-end stuff). I'm just saying it doesn't matter.
Last edited by BlackBellamy; 07-12-2020 at 04:47 PM..
Old 07-12-2020, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

It actually does matter. If you’ll remember, they allowed this pandemic to leave China but quelled it within their own borders. We do not benefit from economic cooperation with them. They also have one million people in labor camps and are sterilizing women based on their race. “We have them by the balls” isn’t the same as “they’re more deserving of economic isolation than North Korea.”

Hope this helps!
Old 07-12-2020, 07:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No no no. This:

We have China completely by the balls. We print endless streams of money and give those promises to them in exchange for low-end goods. They can't say no and devote their base to satisfying our demands. Meanwhile if we chose to, we could completely cripple them. It would take a year or two to gear production back up for those goods if something "happened" to our Chinese partners or their precious trade routes. We can easily shift production to India or Vietnam as Apple has been doing recently. I'm sure the Mexicans and other guys from that area would love to take up the burden.

Meanwhile the Chinese would have nowhere to unload their junk and they wouldn't be ready to take up the slack for high-end domestic product in nearly the time it would take us to dust off the old factories. We have those guys right where we want them.

edit: I agree our manufacturing sucks (except for like Raytheon and high-end stuff). I'm just saying it doesn't matter.
You know nothing, and have no money in real life 100% guaranteed, if china stopped making our stuff our country would completely collapse

as an example

when covid hit even trump said 95% of masks are made in china, test kits are made in china, vials, needles, IV Bags, GLOVES

you can go right down the list, what else is made in china?

the spritz bottles for clorox clean up and all the other chemicals, the caps for the gallon jugs , everything

most of you are so stupid and none of you want to work, do you know who wants to work? china
Old 07-12-2020, 09:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know nothing, and have no money in real life 100% guaranteed, if china stopped making our stuff our country would completely collapse

as an example

when covid hit even trump said 95% of masks are made in china, test kits are made in china, vials, needles, IV Bags, GLOVES

you can go right down the list, what else is made in china?

the spritz bottles for clorox clean up and all the other chemicals, the caps for the gallon jugs , everything

most of you are so stupid and none of you want to work, do you know who wants to work? china
China has value as an established supplier but we are in no way beholden to them to maintain our quality of life.

Hell, REAL China(Taiwan #1) sent us masks as a diplomatic gift. Theyd be happy to do it if asked. Asian manufacturing is a better deal for all parties than wasting lives doing it at home.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:09 AM
Planar Protector

If You Weren’t Afraid to Send Your Kids Back to School, DeVos’ Disastrous Interview Might Change That (Rolling Stone)

direct link to the interview
(youtube)
Old 07-13-2020, 06:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It actually does matter. If you’ll remember, they allowed this pandemic to leave China but quelled it within their own borders. We do not benefit from economic cooperation with them. They also have one million people in labor camps and are sterilizing women based on their race. “We have them by the balls” isn’t the same as “they’re more deserving of economic isolation than North Korea.”

Hope this helps!
don't wear a mask and go find as many people like you as you can. have some drinks and sing together. everything will work itself out for you. go to church, you fucking slime.
Old 07-13-2020, 12:11 PM
Banned

Yea faith wont save you against a manufactured virus, PS I have sold so much sanitizing equipment and solution to churches you have no idea

just goes to show you even the people who own the churches are realistic its the "Believers" who arent : )
Old 07-13-2020, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrekt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
don't wear a mask and go find as many people like you as you can. have some drinks and sing together. everything will work itself out for you. go to church, you fucking slime.
Hmm that post elicited that response? You are strange, China is bad mkay
Old 07-13-2020, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woke Locc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
China has value as an established supplier but we are in no way beholden to them to maintain our quality of life.

Hell, REAL China(Taiwan #1) sent us masks as a diplomatic gift. Theyd be happy to do it if asked. Asian manufacturing is a better deal for all parties than wasting lives doing it at home.
That isn’t true. A certain segment of the population would be better off with that type of work, that or we’d have to massively overhaul our economy to better support people without college degrees. NAFTA and other trade deals contributed to addiction rates and suicides, not really as much as the financial crisis of ‘08, but still. Decent jobs for people without degrees would benefit America

There’s also an environmental impact to trans-pacific shipping, even if it’s never discussed
Old 07-13-2020, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

How many lifes could be saved if the President of the United States would react reasonable to the Corona Virus months ago?

I mean there are quite few cultists among the Trump supporters who only didnt wear a mask because the President of the United States didnt wear a mask.
“When I was kid in Scranton, a wheel fell off my canoe which made me wonder how many pancakes fit in a doghouse. None. Because ice cream doesn’t have bones.”—Joe Biden
Closed Thread