Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 02:56 PM
Fire Giant

Since it's not global does that mean it still has to be PG13?
Old 10-21-2009, 02:58 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We're going to be a little more relaxed on swearing as long as people don't overdo it, and still no racism. Keep in mind theres a difference between swearing while talking to someone and swearing AT someone, and the latter can still get you in trouble depending on severity, especially if its at a GM/Dev.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:04 PM
Fire Giant

Maybe no global OOC/Acution will calm down some of the "no boats = not classic' people. Worse case senario, I don't have to hear them complain about it anymore. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-21-2009, 03:06 PM
Large Rat

I'm glad you were able to get the server up and working again as quick as you did Rogean. I dunno what I'd have done today, it's pouring rain, and has been since I got up.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:08 PM
Fire Giant

I like the boats, but its too much to try and attempt to fix them if there isnt time. i'd MUCH rather have gameplay issues working than boats, just my opinion though.

and i really would love to see a global chat channel. the servers population isnt high enough yet to support us without it. I think if we got to 500 people we could do it, but still.

its tough, although i understand the reasoning behind it.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:12 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind
Default Boat code

For those wondering why boats are so difficult, here is the snippet of part of the code from East Freeport. There are actually a couple more parts to it but this is the base.

Code:
## INVISIBLE ONE!!
## SirensBane travels from oot to oot to freporte and back
## Angelox
## Qadar
sub EVENT_WAYPOINT{

if($forceboats==1){

if($debugpl==1){quest::shout("Checking");}

if($freportelastseen==$sirens){   #boat hasnt changed waypoints yet
    if( ( (($sirens>=0) && ($sirens < 14)) || ($sirens == 100))&& ($freportetimer >= 34)){        #if waypoint hasnt changed in x spawns, and boat in Butcher
      if($debugpl==1){quest::shout("Stormbreaker is in Butcherblock heading to OOT, hasn't moved, giving up and moving it to OOT");}
      quest::delglobal("sirens");  #boat obviously isnt moving... move it to fp
      quest::setglobal("sirens",14,7,"F");}
    elsif(($sirens>=14) && ($sirens < 39) && ($freportetimer >= 34)){        #if waypoint hasnt changed in x spawns, and boat in OOT -> FP
      if($debugpl==1){quest::shout("Stormbreaker is in OOT heading to Freeport, hasnt moved, giving up and moving it to Freeport");}
      quest::delglobal("sirens");  #boat obviously isnt moving... move it to oot
      quest::setglobal("sirens",39,7,"F");}
    elsif(($sirens>=39) && ($sirens < 60) && ($freportetimer >= 34)){        #if waypoint hasnt changed in x spawns, and boat in Freeport
      if($debugpl==1){quest::shout("Stormbreaker is in Freeport heading to OOT... hasnt moved, giving up and moving it to OOT");}
      quest::delglobal("sirens");  #boat obviously isnt moving... move it to butcher
      quest::setglobal("sirens",60,7,"F");}
    elsif(($sirens>=60) && ($sirens < 100) && ($freportetimer >= 34)){   #if waypoint hasnt changed in x spawns, and boat in OOT -> Butcher
      if($debugpl==1){quest::shout("Stormbreaker is in OOT heading to Butcher... hasnt moved, giving up and moving it to Butcher");}
      quest::delglobal("sirens");  #boat obviously isnt moving... move it to OOT
      quest::setglobal("sirens",100,7,"F");}
    else{                           #increase the timer
      my $tempvar = $freportetimer+1;
      if($debugpl==1){quest::shout("Stormbreaker hasn't moved, increasing timer to $tempvar");}
      quest::delglobal("freportetimer");
      quest::setglobal("freportetimer",$tempvar,3,"F");}
  }else{                          #boat has changed waypoints, tell freportelastseen its new waypoint, reset timer to 0
    if($debugpl==1){quest::shout("Stormbreaker seems to be moving ok");}
    quest::delglobal("freportelastseen");
    quest::setglobal("freportelastseen",$sirens,3,F);
    $freportelastseen = undef;
    quest::delglobal("freportetimer");
    quest::setglobal("freportetimer",0,3,7);
    $freportetimer = undef;}}

if($debuglpl==1){quest::shout("Sirens is set at $sirens");}
  if($sirens==39){
    quest::depopall(10196);
    quest::delglobal("sirens");
    quest::setglobal("sirens",40,7,"F");
    $sirens = undef;
    quest::spawn2(10196,24,0,-1654.87,-655.925,-80,46.5);
  }
}

sub EVENT_SIGNAL{
  if($debugpl==1){quest::shout("Fake boat depopping!");}
  quest::depop();
}
Old 10-21-2009, 03:27 PM
Fire Giant

I always thought it was funny when my buddy with a slow ass computer would take too long to zone and would always zone in and fall into the water as he watched the boat zoom off.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Fire Giant

Glad to see server is fine, and no permanent damage.
To the people freaking out about no global chat, /who all (lvl)-(lvl) works great for finding group members. Only problem, we have to encourage people from going anon/roleplay till the serverwide chat service is implemented.
However, I'm going to enjoy EC tunnel trading now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, forums work perfectly for trading if you do not wish to sit in EC tunnel.
There's a forum channel now dedicated strictly to trading.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:35 PM
Aviak

I had a slow computer, and sometimes I would zone into freeport or butcherblock and wouldnt load the zone by the time the boat had returned to OOT. So I would zone right back into OOT without ever being able to move my character. I could get stuck in OOT for quite a while this way. Ah, fun times...

Either way, getting rid of global ooc is great. Honestly ooc chat was just turning poisonous against both the GMs as well as the game itself. This is a welcome change.
Last edited by Smashed; 10-21-2009 at 03:37 PM..
Old 10-21-2009, 03:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To the people freaking out about no global chat, /who all (lvl)-(lvl) \.
FYI there is no "-" between levels in this game that will mess up your /who..

/who all 5 10 or so will bring between 5 and 10
Closed Thread