Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 01:45 AM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I kicked about 3 times out of habit.
Last edited by Zemus; 09-11-2019 at 01:57 AM..
Old 09-11-2019, 07:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This guy has no idea how triple attack works.
Huh? Is it not innate at 60 and only applies to 2hb?
Old 09-11-2019, 09:01 AM
Sarnak

Wish I could edit my post. U r correct, it's applies to main hand so 2hb vs 1hb is no difference. Sorry for the miss information
Old 09-11-2019, 09:33 AM
Planar Protector

Looks like you're taking less damage with the two hander, too.
Old 09-11-2019, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I kicked about 3 times out of habit.
Thanks for that data point chillwin!

Did you have 255 dex? If so you can separate out 7dps from procs (5.33 for mainhand) to see white damage vs white dmg vs the two. You didn’t use the tab that filters between melee and non-melee dmg which is fine (ie your max hit duel wield is the damage of your mainhand proc).

Offhand proc has a -100 resist mod so it can be generally assumed it will land most all the time vs most all targets excluding some raid stuff. The other proc, however, has a 0 resist mod meaning more frequent resists on any meaningful targets.

On a level 20 mob (as a level 60 player) with low ac and practically no resists the combo is 0.685% better than Abashi. If procs are completely taken away (they shouldn’t be but mainhand resists will happen) Abashi is 4.14% better on a level 20 mob. If you were to resist just 25% of mainhand procs (this is very generous on raid content) you lose 1.333dps which drops the duel wield below Abashi.

Or is FoN unresistable? I honestly don’t know. If so disregard above paragraph.

Regardless, As we’ve established (the math), the higher the mob level and the higher the ac the more the scales are tipped towards 2hand with the dmg bonus changes. That alone will have Abashi performing higher. Toss in any resists and the dual wield will again comparatively lose a bit of ground. It’s pretty safe to estimate performance vs performance on level appropriate and raid content but parses will be needed to confirm. I’ll be doing my part on higher ac Kael arena trash in the coming week or so to test out the ‘hypothesis’

Granted, FoN/BoF isn’t the same as FoN/Gharns. The latter is expected to be obviously better.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 09-11-2019 at 09:47 AM..
Old 09-11-2019, 10:33 AM
Sarnak

Yes 255 dex and str. Preproced avatar and kept epic up the whole time. Ring 10 + 2x aob. No other buffs.

FoN is nearly always resisted on raid targets because almost all are immune to changes in run speed. For bloodmaw there were no resists.
Last edited by Zemus; 09-11-2019 at 10:43 AM..
Old 09-11-2019, 01:07 PM
Banned

Good stuff, Chillwin.
Old 09-11-2019, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes 255 dex and str. Preproced avatar and kept epic up the whole time. Ring 10 + 2x aob. No other buffs.

FoN is nearly always resisted on raid targets because almost all are immune to changes in run speed. For bloodmaw there were no resists.
Thanks brother.

If you want and are interested I have a 60 shaman with torpor. If the opportunity arises I could go to Kael arena with you to test differences on high mobs. Would plan on pulling a single higher con mob (preferably not rampage), slowing it, keeping you unbuffed minus maybe shaman haste. You beat it down to low then flop and let it regen up; rinse and repeat with option to.

The raw dps you do is not as relevant as the comparison between the two. Buffless helps to exclude other variables like epic click or avatar which may not remain up literally 100% of the time.

I predict the 2hander will actually (averaged over time) perform better against a higher level mob with higher ac.

If you’re willing, I can shaman for you.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 09-11-2019, 04:11 PM
Sarnak

I have t staff and bo staff, and FoN and Sap encrusted Branch if you want to parse with me later I suggest jugs in seb, that's how we parsed wus primary vs wus secondary with epic primary and double wus.

Jugs are good because they are constant level ranges. I think they vary by 1 level and have high ac and decent hp pool
Old 09-11-2019, 04:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbeta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have t staff and bo staff, and FoN and Sap encrusted Branch if you want to parse with me later I suggest jugs in seb, that's how we parsed wus primary vs wus secondary with epic primary and double wus.

Jugs are good because they are constant level ranges. I think they vary by 1 level and have high ac and decent hp pool
I could bring a cleric later for this.
Closed Thread