Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: ...
Support the Local Project Quarm Rogue, War community. Give back to the community that supports you. 0 0%
Be an angry neckbeared saving plat for manastones that you are addicted too. 1 20.00%
Gnomish Fire Giant water melted the polished steel dOrks. 4 80.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2023, 08:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is this a fuckin qurom forum
Also this...

Why don't quarm make their own forum?

It's over for quarmCells
Old 10-13-2023, 09:02 PM
Banned

Web forums are like stick shift gas vehicles when everyone on the block has an automatic transmission and the rich kids in the next town over all have EVs already. Basically an old technology that is no longer popular, because newer and better exists.

Secrets has claimed he's not a fan of web forums and only plans to manage website/discord. No PQ forums in the works. In theory someone could start their own PQ forum or wiki type sites. For instance there is subreddit that is not controlled by Secrets. Only website/discord and actual server are managed by PQ team.
Old 10-13-2023, 09:05 PM
Banned

*she's
Old 10-13-2023, 09:12 PM
Banned

https://www.reddit.com/r/project1999..._guilds_raids/

LoL reading the quarm stuff, I called it. All of it. Neat
Old 10-13-2023, 09:20 PM
Banned

That's not inaccurate. Gotta admit quarms lil 4 headed dragon graphic is the coolest tho!. I hate reddit. Avoid it as much as possible. They (reddit) are psychotic lil controlling info thieves and manipulators.

Takp forums. I still have a reputation to remain even if I just use them for quarms loginservrr!

Anyways. Thanks to all who voted in my poll!
Old 10-13-2023, 09:29 PM
Banned

Tried looking for bbs for quarm and that's what my search pulled up.

Lol magget(sp) your reddit description fits your post style doe. Almost as if it's your birthplace of the Internet.
Old 10-13-2023, 09:44 PM
Banned

Huhhh. Reddit is all about citations and spellings and dissertation and research and charts. Aussenseiter is the Reddit monster.

Me, I was born on IRC and Altavista and the prehistoric 97 to 2009s version of slashdot. Linux forums. The old quake mod repository that is designed now I don't remember the name of. And the everquest test server forums. That are also long long dead. And several other v classic forums that I will never mention here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Naw man I'm OG. I payed for my first internet in 96 after getting my first job.

How about you?
Old 10-13-2023, 09:49 PM
Banned

*deprecated not designed

P.s. reddit is very pro establishment and pro idiotic dumb dumb history and super anti faith. I get banned if I try to do anything interesting there because Those fuckers are the scrubs that work for the CIA phishing and pulling evidence off the web of aliens and tech and the true true history not that made up shit they teach in college or on the history Channel
Old 10-13-2023, 10:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Web forums are like stick shift gas vehicles when everyone on the block has an automatic transmission and the rich kids in the next town over all have EVs already. Basically an old technology that is no longer popular, because newer and better exists.

Secrets has claimed he's not a fan of web forums and only plans to manage website/discord. No PQ forums in the works. In theory someone could start their own PQ forum or wiki type sites. For instance there is subreddit that is not controlled by Secrets. Only website/discord and actual server are managed by PQ team.
Sounds like our only option is to post about it here then.

Discord is death.

Quote:
“[..]Although personally, I think cyberspace means the end of our species."
Yes? Why is that?"
Because it means the end of innovation," Malcolm said. "This idea that the whole world is wired together is mass death. Every biologist knows that small groups in isolation evolve fastest. You put a thousand birds on an ocean island and they'll evolve very fast. You put ten thousand on a big continent, and their evolution slows down. Now, for our own species, evolution occurs mostly through our behaviour. We innovate new behaviour to adapt. And everybody on earth knows that innovation only occurs in small groups. Put three people on a committee and they may get something done. Ten people, and it gets harder. Thirty people, and nothing happens. Thirty million, it becomes impossible. That's the effect of mass media - it keeps anything from happening. Mass media swamps diversity. It makes every place the same. Bangkok or Tokyo or London: there's a McDonald's on one corner, a Benetton on another, a Gap across the street. Regional differences vanish. All differences vanish. In a mass-media world, there's less of everything except the top ten books, records, movies, ideas. People worry about losing species diversity in the rain forest. But what about intellectual diversity - our most necessary resource? That's disappearing faster than trees. But we haven't figured that out, so now we're planning to put five billion people together in cyberspace. And it'll freeze the entire species. Everything will stop dead in its tracks. Everyone will think the same thing at the same time. Global uniformity. [..]”

― Michael Crichton, ― Dr Ian Malcolm
Old 10-13-2023, 10:57 PM
Banned

My nostalgias says web forums are awesome. My nostalgia also says EQ is awesome. Despite what nostalgia says I know there are other experiences out there on the web and gaming that may be better then my nostalgia.

It's all creative destruction. We humans have a bias for the temporal beauty found in a mere human glance, s small glimpse of the ever changing reality all around us.

When you take it all to the logical conclusion you get the Singularity by Kurzweil.

You know that matrix-like view of the world where were are ants transactionally creating our new AI overlord.