Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Classic" isn't the all encompassing reasoning for any change anymore, many things have veered off that path purposely

Unfortunately
This isnt a 'classic' or not debate as this was something that literally never existed ever.

There are not posts saying "Now you can ....." or "After the patch, you can no longer.." in regards to binding in those zones- nope, quite simply the spell shouldnt function there at all, much like harmony indoors. Randomly giving druids the ability to harmony in specific indoor zones would get changed here, so should this.
Old 12-01-2015, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezzmur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I could've swore my mage was PoM Cubby bound on live, but if you're going to do this, you should also remove the non-classic roaming flurries in the "safe" halls preventing the classic use of those locations.
Completely agree on the topic of Flurry drakes.

I don't doubt characters got camped up in the safe halls in NToV all the time. However there is no evidence to support binding inside of ToV for any characters.

You'd think there would be comments about binding clerics or mages for CotH/Corpse recovery if that were a strategy, or you'd think people would simply bind inside of ToV in a safe zone in room rather than in WW directly behind Sontalak, but there's nothing.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:08 PM
Fire Giant

I was NTOV cubby bound in Velious/Luclin/PoP era on my 60 shaman, just cant remember which expansion. Definitely wasnt PoP as I was in PoKnowledge, my guess is late Velious. I also remember that cubby being a LOT safer than it is on P99. I never died there on live, mostly because the zone was empty half the time.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Completely agree on the topic of Flurry drakes.
However there is no evidence to support binding inside of ToV for any characters.
To be completely fair here, there really isn't any clear evidence you couldn't bind in ToV either.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but it seems we're going mostly off the assumption that if clerics could have bound in ToV they would have on live, which I think is pretty flimsy.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:17 PM
Sarnak

i was bound at PoM cubby from very early in velious.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Not one suggestion for binding inside for pulling strats or CR recovery/ mobilization, plethora of evidence telling you Skyshrine is the closest zone for MELEE to bind as well as CASTERS being instructed to bind behind Sont outside ToV to raid the zone.....

You are also unable to currently bind there on EQ live right now - why is there no mention of this change if you 'could' bind there in the past, it seems like a pretty big one.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you could (mostly) do the same pulls using rez boxes instead of translocates/gates and binds
Welp, that's what people have to do then. There are reasons I won't get into that the top guilds are dropping extensive amounts of platinum on locket binds and insta-gate potions, rather than res boxing.

Not classic, not even EQ.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 12-01-2015 at 04:38 PM..
Old 12-01-2015, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endonde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be completely fair here, there really isn't any clear evidence you couldn't bind in ToV either.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but it seems we're going mostly off the assumption that if clerics could have bound in ToV they would have on live, which I think is pretty flimsy.
Velious Binding Guide

Quote:
Exactly where a caster can bind themselves depends on what area of the game we're talking about. In the area of the original game (i.e. Antonica, Faydwer, and Odus) a caster can bind themself anywhere, inside or out. In Kunark and Velious, however, they are only able to bind themselves in outdoor areas, and can not bind themselves in dungeons.
ToV is a dungeon. Which the Velious binding guide explicitly states you cannot bind in. That's the primary evidence. It is not a city like Kael or Skyshrine or Thurgadin, and therefore no one could bind there.

The secondary is the fact that everyone states they bind outside of ToV, which backs up the primary. If ANY of them stated they bound inside, even just one, it would collapse. But no one states that.

On live today, you still cannot bind in Kunark or Velious dungeons.

Again, if any of you claiming you remember having Guildies bound in ToV, look up some evidence to back that up. There is nothing I've found to suggest that is factual.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

Nov. 11, 2001 comment saying you could not bind in ToV @ PoM cubbie from the Locket of Escape page on Alla. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1163

Quote:
Why the **** would you pay for this? Sure thats great you can bind yourself almost anywhere with it as a melee. BFD
The most convenient place for melees to bind is in a city so they have access to merchants and banks. Sure being bound at PoM would be great (except I'm sure ya can't anyway, as you can't bind in ToV, and I really doubt you can bind in POM itself either), but the freaking novelty would wear off after about five minutes.
Total gimpness to pay large sums of pp for this, or trade a fungi tunic or whatever. Gotta be one of the more idiotic things I've read.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:40 PM
Sarnak

Edit - Ele posted some good evidence.
Closed Thread