Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 01:08 PM
Fire Giant

If you stay naked past your 20ies, you'll have serious trouble killing mobs. Any melee class, even when excessively twinked, struggles to maintain a decent soloing rate even if grotesquely twinked (excluding fungi which is a category of its own), and while monks are somewhat less gear dependent than others, they aren't too different in that regard. When the mobs start hitting upwards of 100, you're not gonna get very far without gear. By then you'll probably have earned enough to buy some okay gear, though, so you shouldn't be naked unless you're doing some weird project. For monk soloing to ever approach good exp rates, though, you'll need to be considerably twinked.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Get powerleveld and anything is possible.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Monk soloing, even with a full wu's set and fists, will probably only stretch to late teens. Beyond that it's going to become too tedious and your downtime too great to deal with. Throw in a cheap twink weapon or two - wu's quivering staff, a couple fighting batons...sure, you'll solo to your low-mid 30s effectively.

Beyond that you're going to need to optimize your AC/str/hp gear and have a couple strong weapons (Jade maces, Peacebringer, etc) and maybe some haste to really solo effectively. Again, it's not that you can't find low blue mobs to solo and be able to kill them - it's just that your downtime is so much greater and occasionally even those mobs will get strings of strong hits on you and force you to fd or zone.

I basically soloed to 60 on my monk on live - and i did it with relatively cheap gear. For some reason jade maces were way more expensive on Rodcet Nife while Knuckle Dusters fell below 1k very quickly, so i snagged two KD's and used those from my 20s on. I don't think I got a haste item till my 50s (hangman's noose), and I remember how annoying soloing was unless you found an optimal place to do it, or had someone you could donate to for some regen/buffs.

Oh, and FYI - when soloing, AC = king. Don't use those stupid 7 str veils or 7 str necklaces when you're soloing. The 6 ac from a sarnak-hide mask or 8 ac from that FM necklace are far more effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:43 PM
Banned

Just get a group.

Jesus why are people so antisocial here.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just get a group.

Jesus why are people so antisocial here.
Group with me plx
Old 07-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Aviak

Challenge accepted.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

its possible I think... but you are going to be fighting light blue cons for most of your life and bind wounding and sitting alot
Old 07-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Banned

There is simply no possible way you are soloing anything dark blue in your 50s with a naked monk, the end.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is simply no possible way you are soloing anything dark blue in your 50s with a naked monk, the end.
really? b/c my rogue could solo most of the way down to the 3 spawn @ the rock in Seb, and he had < 150 defense. the only mobs that'd stop my progression were the random Bok Shamans iirc
Old 07-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to deakolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
really? b/c my rogue could solo most of the way down to the 3 spawn @ the rock in Seb, and he had < 150 defense. the only mobs that'd stop my progression were the random Bok Shamans iirc
gear list plz? I've been wanting to play a solo Rogue since pretty much the day I started playing EQ back in 2000.

This sounds awesome

Bulltrue
Deakolt
Closed Thread