Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Aviak

Default Mage: Earth pet will not Root a Player with Sow.

so now that i reached 49 i wanted to test out the resist rate on mage pet roots on players with high and low Magic Resistance. anyways when i went to test this with the 49 mage pet.. he simply would not root my level 50 druid friend, at all. he didnt even try to. we let it melee him for around 10 mins total time, he even tried kiting it just out of melee range for a while. nothing, he wouldn't even try and root. so at first i thought, "ok maybe its levitate," but he still wouldn't root.

so out of curiosity i guess he removed his Sow, and right away the pet attempted to root again like he normally would. so to make sure this was the case he cast sow on himself again, and once again the pet stopped attempting to root.

so it would appear earth pets will not attempt to root a player with sow.

here's what i think it is. or maybe has something to do with it. a Earth pet will not attempt to root a target that is already rooted. he just wont bother. be it his own root spell or another players. I believe that the pet is thinking that "sow" is a root, and there for not attempting to root his target if it has Sow.

Please look into this if possible, ty =)

Fluttershy is best pony.
Haters gonna Hate!
Last edited by Azu; 10-08-2011 at 09:34 AM..
Old 10-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Aviak

I confirmed Jboots will also Block the pet from Casting root. making fighting a melee that has Jboots a biatch and very, very difficult to fight.

Fluttershy is best pony.
Haters gonna Hate!
Old 10-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Fire Giant

Confirmed. Earth pets doesn't even cast root on people with sow or Jboots. But the second you remove the speed buff they cast it again like normal.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:29 PM
Sarnak

I've seen this happen also.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Sarnak

confirmed this as well.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I confirmed Jboots will also Block the pet from Casting root. making fighting a melee that has Jboots a biatch and very, very difficult to fight.
I hate to break it to you pal, but earth pet root never lands on EQ live PvP servers unless someone is naked. So if this is fixed to be anything like EQ live, you should not expect the pet to ever root people with gear on anyway.

Did you honestly think PvP was that easy? Just send pet then run away for a free kill? There's a reason it doesn't land, because it would take 0 skill to kill people that way.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Banned

Can we ban Wehrmacht again?
Old 10-08-2011, 08:31 PM
Fire Giant

I am sure this also is what the issue with rooting and snaring removes sow, and how root will overwrite snare or vice versa, they arent stacking.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:32 PM
Fire Giant

Can't confirm with SoW or JBoots, but mage pets sure as hell root my bard with selos and 80 MR from a drum 90%+ of the time.
Abomination Snowman - 60 Grave Lord
Proud owner of Innoruuk's Curse that did NOT come from TMO's bank or RMT.
Niluvien Forestwalker - 52 Ranger
Russled Jimmies - 54 Wizard
Old 10-09-2011, 01:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galacticus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am sure this also is what the issue with rooting and snaring removes sow, and how root will overwrite snare or vice versa, they arent stacking.
This is intentional. The earth pet root issue is a non intentional bug that came from this.

lol wut
Closed Thread