Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 04:18 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoneynegro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hate to break it to you pal, but earth pet root never lands on EQ live PvP servers unless someone is naked. So if this is fixed to be anything like EQ live, you should not expect the pet to ever root people with gear on anyway.

Did you honestly think PvP was that easy? Just send pet then run away for a free kill? There's a reason it doesn't land, because it would take 0 skill to kill people that way.
it does land, on a player with 100mr~ roughly 1 in 6 to 7 attempts, it will last a tic or 2. less then 100 MR it lands far more often, tho still for only about 2 ticks.

its not so much if it resists all the time. the pet attempts to root "alot" and very often. go troll in Rants and flames or something, not people trying to give feedback on bugs ect.

Fluttershy is best pony.
Haters gonna Hate!
Last edited by Azu; 10-09-2011 at 04:23 AM..
Old 10-09-2011, 07:48 AM
Sarnak

Mostly the reason pet root didn't land was because pets were usually several levels lower than their target. Other than that, it should function like a regular spell with no resist modifier. If someone has 100MR, pet root should normally be a non-factor, and probably with 70-80ish MR as well if the target isn't much lower level than the magician. It should also have a maximum duration of 18 seconds, but it appears to be like 30-40 seconds sometimes on this server.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:20 AM
Fire Giant

This is isn't about root landing. It's about PETS not even casting their root on people with jboots or sow. That's a bug and will need to be fixed
Old 10-10-2011, 04:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it does land, on a player with 100mr~ roughly 1 in 6 to 7 attempts, it will last a tic or 2
Wow dude, you may be the biggest liar on earth. Pets are low level and receive a huge penalty for that level difference when casting on level 50's.

Root casted by a level 50 player against another level 50 player with 100MR will probably land 5-8% of the time max. Therefore, a mage pet would have even harder of a chance to land it.

It sounds like you played TZVZ and never touched EQ live PvP before.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:15 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoneynegro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow dude, you may be the biggest liar on earth. Pets are low level and receive a huge penalty for that level difference when casting on level 50's.

Root casted by a level 50 player against another level 50 player with 100MR will probably land 5-8% of the time max. Therefore, a mage pet would have even harder of a chance to land it.

It sounds like you played TZVZ and never touched EQ live PvP before.
well that's what happened while testing it on my druid friend when he had a little over 100 mr. strangely enough even with the pets being as low level as they are their roots will land on higher level players given enough attempts. (they recast every 6 seconds)

in regards to player cast roots, i was shocked the other day when a 44 shaman tried to instill me (being 50) i resisted 4 or 5 times in a row before he gave up and started to dot me. (which all landed) having only 48 MR unbuffed. you would think at least one of those instill would have landed if only for a tick or 2. but resists work weird here i guess.

also Im not sure why people throw this "you must have played TZVZ ect. ect. ect." all the time. to be honest i have no idea what TZVZ is. tho i get the impression it was some other EMU server or something. i Played on RZ back on live as a shadow knight and a paladin. i remember my roots and darkness spells landing much more often then it did here. but that was so long ago my memory is foggy as best, so i wouldn't know for sure.

Fluttershy is best pony.
Haters gonna Hate!
Old 10-10-2011, 11:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well that's what happened while testing it on my druid friend when he had a little over 100 mr
The P99 PvP beta launched without having any resist system whatsoever implemented...

It's basically just random numbers in there now which makes testing PvP rather hard to do.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
The P99 PvP beta launched without having any resist system whatsoever implemented...

It's basically just random numbers in there now which makes testing PvP rather hard to do.
so i noticed. I'll have to wait and how things change regarding the earth pets roots once the resists are tweaked.

Fluttershy is best pony.
Haters gonna Hate!
Old 10-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Fire Giant

I have heard a few comments about pet root being unresistable at any level difference. I tried testing at the extreme end of this with a level 4 mage and my 50 shaman with only naked MR (25). The level 4 earth pet would never root him. Also the pet would not even attempt to root with SoW on. I have posted screenshots of this behavior in my compilation thread.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:23 AM
Planar Protector

Bump. Mage earth pet still refuses to attempt rooting targets with SoW/Jboots up, NPCs included.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Banned

Maybe he is casting but the sow is cast by a higher lvl so it will not over write. I pretty much gave up on root pets anyway.
Closed Thread