Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

It was done by a different guild on Talendor as shown above and was never ruled an exploit, so it is being considered fair game in a non-CSR-assist zone until ruled otherwise.

Either way, an official response would be appreciated so we know how to proceed within the scope of the server rules.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 02-29-2012, 01:54 PM
Kobold

1. Is it a bug or broken mechanic?
Yes
2. Is it being used to gain an unfair advantage (ie: accomplish something that would not be possible without exploiting said broken mechanic)?
Yes
3. Do server rules state that players are not to exploit bugs to gain an unfair advantage?
Yes

Where is the confusion coming from? You think because VP is a zone that CSRs won't assist in that you're allowed to exploit bugs there? By that logic you probably fire up the old macroquest every time you zone in as well I suppose.

Use some common sense people.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was done ... on Talendor ... and was never ruled an exploit
Was it even duly reported or just the subject of RnF?
Old 02-29-2012, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xatava [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where is the confusion coming from?
The confusion is coming from that it was done on Talendor to another guild and nothing ever became of it, so it must be a legit strategy. Otherwise, if it were exploiting, certainly the guild who did it on Talendor would have reaped some sort of consequences from it.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The confusion is coming from that it was done on Talendor to another guild and nothing ever became of it, so it must be a legit strategy. Otherwise, if it were exploiting, certainly the guild who did it on Talendor would have reaped some sort of consequences from it.
You're using false logic my man. I don't believe there was a ruling.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:16 PM
Sarnak

This wasn't done once, Yendor. Its been done 5 times now, on several different raid occasions. The fact that you continue to repeatedly abuse a broken mechanic is an exploit, sorry. Talendor was memblurred that time to prevent a KS on your guild's part (yes we had FTE). None of the officers, or guild leadership was aware that Qadosx would memblur Tal or informed before hand. The fact that VD continues to do it while also not mobilizing a force to kill Hoshkar is especially infurirating and attests to the fact that you guys took more than a page out of IB's dirty play book.
Last edited by Fountree; 02-29-2012 at 02:18 PM..
Old 02-29-2012, 02:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Ok so VD's policy is that exploiting is fine unless you get caught and punished, or is that just your own personal policy? I'm just curious because I don't care to associate my character with people who intentionally exploit this game which I generally enjoy playing.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

Memblur should remove all players off the hate list. The mob would then regain hp at its non-aggro regen rate, which would probably not even tick since it is still engaged. At worst the mob should switch to attacking whoever is at the top of its refreshed hate list (not designated MT). As it works now it is an immediate reset to full hp (32k on most boss mobs). That can be 3x more than Complete Heal. Obviously broken and not how it was on Live at all. The mechanic that is broken is there should not be a reset on the mob health.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xatava [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok so VD's policy is that exploiting is fine unless you get caught and punished, or is that just your own personal policy? I'm just curious because I don't care to associate my character with people who intentionally exploit this game which I generally enjoy playing.
Once there is an official ruling on it being an exploit, I'm sure it will stop being done. As it has been done to us in the past and there has been no ruling on it, we are left to assume it is a legit tactic. Otherwise we're left with a "it's okay when we do it to you, but holy crap it's EXPLOITZ when it's done to us!!1!" situation.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:47 PM
Sarnak

Yendor, can you read or are you that stupid? We memblurred Talendor after we had the right to the mob through FTE, so therefore how can you say that "we did it to you"? Considering that you've done it 5 times, during multiple different raids, just to grief another guild out of a mob you have no intention for mobilizing for is a COMPLETELY different scenario.
Last edited by Fountree; 02-29-2012 at 02:49 PM..
Closed Thread