Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 05:03 AM
Orc

Default Lower level solo shamans, which buffs do you keep on you all the time?

I'm currently 19, and I keep SoW, Strength, Agility (for the slight AC bump) and my shield spells. I keep putting Inner Fire up, but it doesn't seem to do much at this level. Does that ever get an upgrade? The Talisman line perhaps?
Old 08-23-2016, 06:17 AM
Planar Protector

SoW is a must have at all time (unless indoor), and then regen when you get it at 24.
Str is useful if you melee and or to carry things around. You can keep agility on, though the return is not that great. I would recommend you to consider casting your stamina buff to increase your total hp.

Regarding Inner Fire, it's only a 20 hp buff, but it stacks with cleric and druid HP buffs. It will be upgraded at level 34 by the Talisman line of spells. But most importantly, it can act as your best healing ratio spell (as long as you don't need to heal a huge amount of hp in short time, and you can cast it in-between two meditate ticks).

Inner Fire : Adds/Heals 20 hp for 10 mana
Light Healing: Heals 33 hp for 25 mana
Healing: Heals 100 hp for 60 mana
Cerras - Hierophant // Dharkan - Warlock
Kirua - Assassin // Veuve - Gravelord
Tornade - Warder // Fikko - High Priest
Dikkenek - Warlord // Barraki - Crusader
Old 08-23-2016, 07:36 AM
Planar Protector

I'm not sure that is entirely right, isoka. As far as I knew, Talisman spells aren't an upgrade to inner fire, they are a different type of buff entirely. Inner fire is equivalent to the cleric's 'courage' line.

Inner fire is worth using at lower levels as it is a 20hp heal, and spell AC is desirable to aid mitigation.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:08 AM
Planar Protector

As said you want SoW and Regen up all day every day. I'm even paranoid and keep SoW on my spellbar all the time in case it starts to wear off at a bad time. None of the stat buffs are worth casting IMO. As a troll I don't really notice any difference in damage with the str buff, but if you play Iksar it's probably worth casting so you aren't overweight just from gear since lizards are such weaklings.

Inner Fire and Turtle Skin line are nice but the AC is minimal and they don't last long, I mostly keep casting them to keep Abjuration skill in check.
Old 08-23-2016, 02:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
since lizards are such weaklings.
*hisses and shakes fist angrily at the heavens*
Old 08-23-2016, 08:31 PM
Sarnak

Just remember that if you are using Fungi Stick that the effect doesn't stack with SoW.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure that is entirely right, isoka. As far as I knew, Talisman spells aren't an upgrade to inner fire, they are a different type of buff entirely. Inner fire is equivalent to the cleric's 'courage' line.

Inner fire is worth using at lower levels as it is a 20hp heal, and spell AC is desirable to aid mitigation.
Inner Fire never gets an upgrade. It is on the same line as other hp buffs (skin like, heroism, etc.) Talisman is different.

As for buffs, that depends. Are you root-rotting? Stamina, sow, hp/ac and str to preference. Are you tanking? The more the merrier. For casters, root out of LoS.

Also, get a mage focus item by 34.
Old 08-28-2016, 06:47 PM
Large Rat

Sow and HP for the most part, unless youre goinfor a bigger mob, then the buffs could be worth the mana and time
Old 09-08-2016, 10:46 PM
Banned

Clicks stats resists HP. AC does next to nothing on this server.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:12 AM
Aviak

SoW and STR on my lvl 20 shaman, I still heal with Inner Fire sometimes, but just to keep Abjuration maxed. Lvl 19 heal is not that bad to heal after pulls. After 24 regen all the way of course.
STR helps melee a bit as it also raises ATK, I land more solid hits for 40+, maybe not much but it helps.
Closed Thread