Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2021, 09:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But I also feel committed in Green, and part of me is hoping as awareness spreads more and more people get sick of the competition for spots and migrate to Blue
That's basically how I felt. It actually got to the point of feeling depressing, logging on and never knowing what you'll be able to do because every single effing thing is camped all the time.

Meanwhile, the other day on Blue, I killed my first Nybright sister in years. It felt really good. Blue is where I think my home is going to be, and if Green characters are going to be recycled into Blue one day that'll be something to look forward to (got a couple of the discontinued items there). But I'm just not a very competitive person and having to fight for everything on Green got to me after a while.
Old 02-21-2021, 11:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's basically how I felt. It actually got to the point of feeling depressing, logging on and never knowing what you'll be able to do because every single effing thing is camped all the time.

Meanwhile, the other day on Blue, I killed my first Nybright sister in years. It felt really good. Blue is where I think my home is going to be, and if Green characters are going to be recycled into Blue one day that'll be something to look forward to (got a couple of the discontinued items there). But I'm just not a very competitive person and having to fight for everything on Green got to me after a while.
Yup I mainly solo as it fits my play style better. At this point I spend a good hour or two some days running around looking for a spot to level. I’ve seen the same people camp one camp for 12+ hrs a day for weeks.
Old 02-21-2021, 11:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I gave Red an honest try not too long ago. Started an enchanter, got to level 9. What scared me off was some dude getting repeatedly killed (PvP deaths are announced server-wide). I even said something in OOC (also server-wide) along the lines of "maybe that dude has had enough?" and the response I got was "nah".

I just got to thinking I probably won't have a good time later on, with many folks on the server sweating magic resistance out of their pores and not caring about ganking a helpless enchanter (which is already not a PvP class to begin with).

On top of that, I have a dream to one day see raid content and I was essentially told that I would never get to see them on Red.

I'd be open to giving it a try again but those are the issues I currently have.
In my limited time on red the times I've seen that happen it turns out that the person being killed is afk pet camping some spawn and people pass by and wax him repeatedly and he just comes back and sets up shop again.

There's a rule on red called loot and scoot or LNS, any non afk player can call this and be given his chance to loot his corpse and vacate the camp where he got defeated. So when you see that its likely not actually bind camping (I think that's actually against the rules?) but punishing an afk camper who some would say deserves it anyway.

But don't play on red, its dead. Unless you're bored with green/blue and looking for a different take on it, its interesting despite being a brick of a server.
Old 02-22-2021, 01:46 PM
Orc

Highly suggest blue if you're going to be duoing with your son. Play 2 classes that duo well together. You can always visit the ultra-popular zones if you want to group with more people.

Hit me up if you guys need a helping hand getting started.
Last edited by kjs86zskidoo; 02-22-2021 at 01:48 PM..
Old 02-22-2021, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

TBH can't go wrong all servers not bad, including red. And you aren't going to get repeatedly murdered on red unless you're an idiot and don't log off after some enemy happens to find your bind point for some reason?
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-22-2021, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Both servers have draw backs, I would personally recomend Green because it is newer and has a larger player base. Getting an Epic done on Green will be... not impossible? But very expensive and time-consuming. Green is the more 'competitive' server and Blue the more relaxed (at the moment at least)
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 02-22-2021, 07:20 PM
Banned

the above player has it down to a "fine science"
(LOL)
Old 02-22-2021, 11:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by raski [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
try red
Old 02-23-2021, 01:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Snortles popping up here has me curious: Are there as many socially maladjusted, probably mentally ill people on blue as there are on green? Has anyone noticed a significant difference in this aspect? I've never really played on blue so can't compare.
Having played on both substantially I can attest the average player quality on Green is much poorer. This is true both in culture/attitude/maturity as well as knowledge and capabilities. Don’t get me wrong Green has tons of awesome people but it is where most new players go so there are more inexperienced people (which is fine, we were all there once). I think the biggest challenge is that green was very crowded at different points so people had to play very competitively just to get any pixels. This bred a culture that was less collaborative and selfless than blue, certainly more elf lawyers

Still love Green and it’s a lot of fun to play in a progression era. Itemization is in full swing during Kunark and there’s a lot of awesome content to come.
Old 02-23-2021, 04:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilbegger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made a few characters on green. My son made his on blue. And we just realized it when we decided to play together. (all characters are low level)

What is the difference ?..

Either can remake and go on....but will we struggle for groups on either? Struggle for gear?

Thanks in advance...
If you came to P99 to play an emulation of the classic timeline? Green.
Closed Thread