Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2021, 11:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the end I would dream that P99 makes a rallos zek classic server, adds planes like a billion years later, and then leaves it to fester like current red99. A beautiful static vanilla PVP item loot rallos zek server would be a great place of refuge and people tired of living in velious era on blue and green could come hang out for some good days when fBSS and YAKS were still good items.
Totally agree. The best pvp is when everyone is in rags. Ahh... the memories. Keep it Classic for literally a few years before rolling out Kunark. NEVER roll out Velious. No GM's are listening though. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 06-03-2021, 12:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raclen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean... the perfect server could open up with better coding and a team that actually cares..... and this community would be like no we need Rogean's name on it.

We need the guy who hates pvp servers, has no interest in running one and appointed corrupt GMs who ran RMT schemes to run his last server to be involved in this project.
I troll the red server chat, but this is the reality of p99 in a whole. I mean guides quit left and right because they even know that the head gms could give a fuck less about p99. Does p99 even hold gm events anymore? Or they just collect donations and tell the playerbase its their fault they're toxic, maybe next year?
Old 06-03-2021, 07:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would play a 60 person item loot PVP vanilla server, all day. 100% better than a 60 person no item loot velious poop wagon.

... A beautiful static vanilla PVP item loot rallos zek server would be a great place of refuge and people tired of living in velious era on blue and green could come hang out for some good days when fBSS and YAKS were still good items.
I'm starting to think this might be the best idea, as much as I personally would feel like I'm missing out on kunark. Let the server mass some population over a long period of time on vanilla for such reason. Then add kunark late as Old_PVP recommended, or maybe even as a final back up plan if population dies after many years. Of course if it gets a population in the first place.
Old 06-03-2021, 09:35 PM
Banned

There was only ONE GM that was part of RMT scheme, Derubael and he was found out and removed quickly. Sirken wasn't RMTing so much as being retarded and wanting to see some tits from some supposed chick that was most likely a man pretending to be a woman.

Rogean DOES give support to our community - and he use to regularly pop into Red and see how the community was doing and help out. It WAS the abuse of the players that made staff see it as a pariah of a server.

So don't rewrite history like the elites of our real world just because of bias and/or misconstrued ideology from the present iteration of the server.

It use to kick ass. And it could again, with a little love.

-Loudog
Old 06-04-2021, 06:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kief [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sirken wasn't RMTing so much as being retarded and wanting to see some tits from some supposed chick
Sir Ken was RMTing.
He knew the rules, I don't know why he let it go down the way it did.

Quote:
7. Real Money Trades (RMT) are not allowed on Project 1999.

The involvement of any currency, items, or services external to any Project 1999 Server (Including but not limited to: real money (USD, Euro, Etc), regulated or otherwise (Bitcoins), Food/Delivery, Virtual currency of any other game (Platinum on Live or other EQEmulator Servers, Beta Keys for the latest new game, etc)) for any of that Project 1999 server's virtual items or service (Including by not limited to: Items, Platinum, Powerlevelling, Accounts/Characters) is strictly forbidden. This is a very serious rule, and violation of this rule willl result in permanent bans of all the accounts of the players involved. Real money trades includes, but is not limited to, trading for items or platinum in game, powerleveling services, accounts, characters, or other services. Currency includes all forms of real world OR virtual currency (IE, bit-coins, WoW gold, etc) AND real world items (Pizza's, Blooming Onions, Televisions, etc). Do not joke about RMT on Project 1999. We will take all offers of RMT on Project 1999 seriously. Account trading and selling is not allowed on Project 1999 in any form.
source: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=325349

His communication with guild leaders had also taken a hit and he was 'lieing' to many raid leaders on p99 blue near the end of his era.
How do I know this? I was having direct conversations with at least 3 guild leaders during this time. It's amazing the kind of info they'll volunteer to a stranger on the internet.
Of course I never used this information maliciously. I just liked being in the know and looking back I know about historical events of p99 that normal players never even heard about.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 06-04-2021 at 06:10 AM..
Old 06-04-2021, 09:34 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sir Ken was RMTing.
He knew the rules, I don't know why he let it go down the way it did.

source: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=325349

His communication with guild leaders had also taken a hit and he was 'lieing' to many raid leaders on p99 blue near the end of his era.
How do I know this? I was having direct conversations with at least 3 guild leaders during this time. It's amazing the kind of info they'll volunteer to a stranger on the internet.
Of course I never used this information maliciously. I just liked being in the know and looking back I know about historical events of p99 that normal players never even heard about.
Sirken was a great gm. Held events, always reachable by community, did alot of live streams to promote the server and so on. Way better then what we have now.
Old 06-04-2021, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sirken was a great gm. Held events, always reachable by community, did alot of live streams to promote the server and so on. Way better then what we have now.
Yeah the sirken era was a lot of fun. Learned a lot through those live streams, they were pretty unique in the private scene.

I don't think current management is comparable. It's apples to oranges.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-07-2021, 10:48 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kief [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There was only ONE GM that was part of RMT scheme, Derubael and he was found out and removed quickly. Sirken wasn't RMTing so much as being retarded and wanting to see some tits from some supposed chick that was most likely a man pretending to be a woman.

Rogean DOES give support to our community - and he use to regularly pop into Red and see how the community was doing and help out. It WAS the abuse of the players that made staff see it as a pariah of a server.

So don't rewrite history like the elites of our real world just because of bias and/or misconstrued ideology from the present iteration of the server.

It use to kick ass. And it could again, with a little love.

-Loudog
Paymelinda was here on day 1 taking money for favors. Also saying that Rogean cares because he popped in every once in a while is a weak statement. Most devs really enjoy the server and are heavily involved when running a server. The staff on R99 has been bottom tier and it isn't rewriting history to say so. If a new classic pvp server was opening up on this project it would be best if someone other than Rogean was given full control instead of having that bottleneck of having a dev that gives that little of time.
Last edited by Raclen; 06-07-2021 at 10:52 AM..
Old 06-08-2021, 01:08 PM
Banned

Amelinda had a website where she sold baking goods. Did she promote that in game? And possibly reward some folks with some generosity in kind for their support? Sure. Would I classify that as RMT? Nah.

It wasn't game changing crap bro. Same with Sirken. Plus both of them were super active and would make response times compared to what it is now seem ridiculous.

Blistig has taken an active interest in the server as well recently. Whether that is a good thing or bad remains to be seen. But I think it's a good thing from the limited amount of play time I put in. Who do they report to ultimately? Rogean and Nilbog. Well, and Menden.

So just because they don't log in and announce their presence doesn't mean they don't care. Bottom tier isn't what i'd use. Rogean was actively promoting a new server for those interested until someone degraded him just as you are doing and he canned it.

Maybe that makes him thin skinned but this is a FREE Project. They don't HAVE to put up with people's bullshit. Period.

So bottleneck that, ya asshole.
Old 06-08-2021, 01:15 PM
Banned

As a side note: I am only supporting them because I've seen personally the amount of work a few of the members of this staff have put in for free. Llandris was my homie and it's a shame he has taken off.

Eunomia was also a good pal and great GM. Plus numerous other's that just couldn't take the mental disorder barrage from the amount of players.

Not even necessarily Red - but most of it came from the Blue server players.

At the end of the day take a step back and just realize they do this all for free man! Do you think you'd personally let people abuse you for free?

C'mon bud. Sorry for calling you an asshole but it's insane how people can be so narrow sighted.

Yer bro,
Loudog.
Closed Thread