Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2021, 03:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t have a problem with forced vaccinations of service members because these are vaccines that have had years of testing

Covid vaccines still don’t fall into this category
What you have a problem with shouldn't matter. You're not qualified to have an opinion.

How many years do you think they tested Polio past clinical trials before making people in the military take it?
Old 08-29-2021, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Default looks like I touched a nerve

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Funny because not only do almost no homes in Arizona have basements (we have no natural disasters to hide from), you’re the unemployed one here. Pretty sure I get out of my house a lot more often than you (which is never)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSKVXl-WnrA&t=325s
Old 08-29-2021, 03:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that's fine but quit pretending you can stand, black knight.
I don’t understand this but I’m eating (on the patio) at my grandma’s so I can’t really get into it

This a month python reference?
Old 08-29-2021, 03:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lets move beyond pretending
You were born a man. You are still a man. Let us move beyond pretending.

Your words buck. Not mine.
Old 08-29-2021, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I don’t understand this but I’m eating (on the patio) at my grandma’s so I can’t really get into it

This a month python reference?
yes. no leg to stand on! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-29-2021, 04:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First off, that’s funny stuff. Bill Burr is a riot, I saw him live when he came to az

Towards the end, Bill asks Joe (paraphrasing) why do men do that and act so tough. And Joe answers (paraphrasing) that’s what men do, they take chances. And Bill responds “I don’t have a problem with that but” (paraphrasing) don’t be a hypocrite (it was in regards to mask wearing)

So while it is a comment on men trying to act tough, Bill still respects the position. I don’t recall flip flopping on any of my positions like he said some men had done about mask wearing (men calling it soft)
Old 08-29-2021, 04:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What you have a problem with shouldn't matter. You're not qualified to have an opinion.

How many years do you think they tested Polio past clinical trials before making people in the military take it?
"You're not qualified to have an opinion" is just an appeal to authority. Common logical fallacy.

Non-experts can be right about something while experts are simultaneously wrong about the same issue. That can happen. That's why you shouldn't just defer to experts without any other avenue of ascertaining what is true.

Experts are *more likely* to be right. Laymen are *more likely* to be wrong. That doesn't mean experts are always right, or that laymen are always wrong.

And with our current situation, it is made even more confused by the fact that *other* experts who contradict the arbitrarily chosen KING expert (Fauci) are literally banned from the public square. Like it or not, 99% of people get their information from either facebook, youtube or twitter.

Dissenting personalities when it comes to covid are being completely blacklisted by these groups, regardless of their credentials (doctors from literally johns hopkins and oxford, for instance). You are merely pretending to care about expertise if you're actually an activist working at facebook deciding that somebody far more credentialed than yourself on a topic should be silenced. This is a recipe for disaster. I fear for anyone who doesn't find anything disturbing about this.
Last edited by Ooloo; 08-29-2021 at 04:44 PM..
Old 08-29-2021, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"You're not qualified to have an opinion" is just an appeal to authority. Common logical fallacy.

Non-experts can be right about something while experts are simultaneously wrong about the same issue. That can happen. That's why you shouldn't just defer to experts without any other avenue of ascertaining what is true.

Experts are *more likely* to be right. Laymen are *more likely* to be wrong. That doesn't mean experts are always right, or that laymen are always wrong.

And with our current situation, it is made even more confused by the fact that *other* experts who contradict the arbitrarily chosen KING expert (Fauci) are literally banned from the public square. Like it or not, 99% of people get their information from either facebook, youtube or twitter.

Dissenting personalities when it comes to covid are being completely blacklisted by these groups, regardless of their credentials (doctors from literally johns hopkins and oxford, for instance). You are merely pretending to care about expertise if you're actually an activist working at facebook deciding that somebody far more credentialed than yourself on a topic should be silenced. This is a recipe for disaster. I fear for anyone who doesn't find anything disturbing about this.
So basically the experts are wrong, king expert Fauci is wrong, and laymen on social media are right.
Old 08-29-2021, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So basically the experts are wrong, king expert Fauci is wrong, and laymen on social media are right.
This is Steve's revenge because we didn't buy the 'artist' computer.
Old 08-29-2021, 05:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
No, that is not even remotely what I said. The entire premise of my post was that you shouldn't blindly accept something because it comes from a particular outlet. That's what the appeal to authority fallacy warns against. God damn duh.
Closed Thread