Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2021, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For the most part there weren’t lines from day one on live because no one knew what or where anything was. I do remember there eventually being lines for j boots at the tail end of the era of them being a drop though; people figured that one out pretty quick.
Not 10+ player multi-day long ones.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-04-2021, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

i told you dawg, i warned you about not just making legacy items really common bro
Old 07-04-2021, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

They should have had the nerfed version dropping from the start. But that would put a dent in the HotPocket Corp profits.
Old 07-04-2021, 12:18 PM
Skeleton

I remember Holgresh Elder Beads and the camp was never, ever crazy on Veeshan, one of the biggest servers.

It's quite problematic when you tell people in advance that items will be removed. It's also problematic when said item is droppable and thus can sell for a fortune.

Because back in the day, it wasn't EVErYBODY farming them, it was a select few classes and people. Hell, the camp was empty most of the time. Perhaps they need a No drop tag added to them.

Same goes for Ornate Velium Pendant. Those were not camped whatsoever. They were given out at raids in Icewell for whoever the hell wanted them.

I dunno, it's tough. I dislike non classic changes, but people behave in such a way that they make things not classic, and that sucks. Maybe they need to make a rule against account sharing too, so people can't just keep swapping with each other to stay in line and create these long lines that aren't reasonable for any normal, lawful goods.
Old 07-04-2021, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadgebert
Go away.
I've retired [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Just check forums from time to time for fun.

I'm with you, Sadge, we should all be handed manastones and rubi BPs when we roll our toons. This is the way.
Old 07-04-2021, 02:40 PM
Sarnak

They should. This project is fucked because you freaks blindly scream for your personal vision of Classic and complain CONSTANTLY.
Old 07-04-2021, 03:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotaris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same goes for Ornate Velium Pendant. Those were not camped whatsoever. They were given out at raids in Icewell for whoever the hell wanted them.

I dunno, it's tough. I dislike non classic changes, but people behave in such a way that they make things not classic, and that sucks. Maybe they need to make a rule against account sharing too, so people can't just keep swapping with each other to stay in line and create these long lines that aren't reasonable for any normal, lawful goods.
Ornate Pendants aren’t a list camp. Given the large number of mobs, how tough they are (can’t be rooted or snared), and the relatively reason drop rate (5-10%), it’s actually a pretty non-toxic camp on Green right now. People are friendly, there are even the occasion pickup groups (though mostly soloers and guild groups).
Old 07-06-2021, 04:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's all just so ... unclassic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(For the record, I supported /list 1.0 originally, but NO ONE remembers twenty-odd person days-long lines for ANYTHING on live. We just need a 2.0 version that trades 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc. places in line for a random chance for anyone on list to become #2. On live, good loot was always about patience and luck, and the same should be true here.)
You're not fooling anyone. Always posting about what's better for the server or classic or the collective when it's just to benefit yourself
Old 07-06-2021, 09:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not 10+ player multi-day long ones.
Oh right I forgot your memory is the only one that matters on P99 and you like to assert that everyone has the same memories you do. Got it.
Old 07-06-2021, 10:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're not fooling anyone. Always posting about what's better for the server or classic or the collective when it's just to benefit yourself
A duplicitous guise indeed. It would be one thing if his posts were backed up by something other than 20 years old anecdotal memories.
Closed Thread