Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2021, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're not fooling anyone. Always posting about what's better for the server or classic or the collective when it's just to benefit yourself
So, if I plan to play an Enchanter AND a Necro someday, how does arguing for charm to be more classic help me?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-06-2021, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh right I forgot your memory is the only one that matters on P99 and you like to assert that everyone has the same memories you do. Got it.
Show me just one piece of actual evidence that there were 48+ hour long lists on live during the classic era and I'll donate $20 to a charity of your choice.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-06-2021, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Show me just one piece of actual evidence that there were 48+ hour long lists on live during the classic era and I'll donate $20 to a charity of your choice.
For J Boots, in both Najena era and in the quest era, there were long lists like that on some servers. I remember because I had to occasionally handle petitions about those lines on some servers. Trying to recall if there were other items like that.

However, on some servers there weren't really lines. That's the thing with classic EQ back in the day, things varied wildly between servers. Some of it was simply a coincidence of a server having more widespread knowledge of things; some of it was just that people didn't end up doing it the way another server did with things like lines or camps (for example, the HK Goblins were always more than one camp, but how many camps they were varied a ton across servers; some were first floor vs. second floor, some were each room was a camp, etc. etc.).

And therein lies the problem with people on P99 going "I remember it this way so that's the way it was." They remember it based on the server they played on, when it could be completely different if they were on another server.
Old 07-06-2021, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

It also doesn't matter how it was then. Because making it "classic" would just cause a lot of head aches for GMs - /lists aren't classic but we have seen the alternative already.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 07-09-2021, 10:20 AM
Fire Giant

multi day camps are extremely classic, you know why the term poopsocking was invented right? either man up and take some time off work to get beads, or just don't get beads. simple as. it's a desirable item which only drops in a limited timeframe, if 20 people want it more than you then that's a you problem.

it's also fucking hilarious to hear the guy constantly crowing about the P99 wiki, probably the single most unclassic information repository, complain that lists aren't classic.

remove the p99 wiki
Old 07-09-2021, 11:07 AM
Sarnak

How many days can u expect yo camp for beads as is?
Old 07-09-2021, 11:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
multi day camps are extremely classic, you know why the term poopsocking was invented right? either man up and take some time off work to get beads, or just don't get beads. simple as. it's a desirable item which only drops in a limited timeframe, if 20 people want it more than you then that's a you problem.

it's also fucking hilarious to hear the guy constantly crowing about the P99 wiki, probably the single most unclassic information repository, complain that lists aren't classic.

remove the p99 wiki
Facts. You can completely miss me with those stupid fucking camps personally, but I agree with the requirement to put the time in for those that want it.

Colossal facts on the wiki dude lmaoooo
Old 07-09-2021, 11:22 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How many days can u expect yo camp for beads as is?
35-40+ hours depending on a lot. Mine was about 36.

I had 8 hours when I finally got to 1, someone I know had 13+ (not sure of they got them in the end).
Old 07-10-2021, 12:27 AM
Planar Protector

Did they make Elder Beads a /list camp?
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 07-10-2021, 02:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did they make Elder Beads a /list camp?
Yes