Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2021, 08:35 AM
Fire Giant

oh okay so you are just commenting on how /list affects the game on a server you don't play on, thanks. I will forward your opinion to the nearest paper shredder
Old 07-11-2021, 08:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's all just so ... unclassic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(For the record, I supported /list 1.0 originally, but NO ONE remembers twenty-odd person days-long lines for ANYTHING on live. We just need a 2.0 version that trades 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc. places in line for a random chance for anyone on list to become #2. On live, good loot was always about patience and luck, and the same should be true here.)
And you were told at the time that your simping for the developers was wrong, as usual. List was a terrible idea, completely unclassic and just kowtowing to carebears. As a long standing veteran, you should have rallied the community to challenge it before the server launched. But oh wait, they smuggled in the server, by announcing it mere months before it went live (with no beta testing or community discussion to be had)...

Lists is also a shortcut to reducing guide work, since they were low on guides (and we know why that happens...) and did not want to do the leg work/dealing with tickets

All the custom nonsense made things way more complicated, just like the raid scene.
Remember R and C rotations ? Give me a break

Green was a chance to do it right for once, after the excessive mistakes done on blue
And yet..

;golfclap;
Last edited by Khaleesi; 07-11-2021 at 08:53 AM..
Old 07-11-2021, 10:15 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IMO /list is fine conceptually, the problem is having teams of players sharing accounts turning it into a multi-day ordeal. I know people personally who have 5+ people all logging into one char abusing the relog window of time in order to maintain their spot on the list, and i'm sure every single person at the list is doing exactly that. This completely defeats the point of /list. I don't care if technically sharing accounts is allowed, the elder beads list is one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen on P99 and is completely against the spirit of the game IMO.
I agree completely.

I have been having a lot of fun with P99 and I am super thankful for the staff and community. Getting to experience the nostalgia of classic EQ in 2021 is awesome. There is nothing that beats it when it comes to world immersion, class/race dynamics, and janky mechanics. I love it.

But after playing for awhile, it's very clear that almost all of the top content/camps and even the whole economy of the Green server is controlled and gated by a small percentage of players. Maybe that is "classic." I'm not looking for "free pixels" or BiS-gear. The grind is part of what I enjoy - but when I spend days sitting on certain spawns and farming thousands of plat, then my hopes are that I would be able to afford some gear upgrades. This has been difficult in this current economy/community.

At the end of the day, I'm still having fun playing. I have learned a lot about EQ from the wiki and forum here. I've met cool people and had a lot of great groups. But I'm guarded on how much time/energy I'm willing to invest in a server/community like Green. Even though it is a newer and more active community, the idea of starting fresh on Green today is about as appealing as starting fresh on the current Red server...
Last edited by JDAm0nk; 07-11-2021 at 10:24 AM..
Old 07-11-2021, 11:08 AM
Fire Giant

the lack of name moderation is a far greater problem than /list
Old 07-11-2021, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the lack of name moderation is a far greater problem than /list
Old 07-11-2021, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The real hard solution was never to have pre-nerf legacy items in the game at all. Its not as integral to the classic experience as people make out, and they mostly just generate interest from the most greedy and sweaty factions of players. The stuff was nerfed/removed for a reason. It just creates a huge diversion from the intent of the wider game world.
But wait, having zero legacy items present on a server IS part of the classic EQ experience. Sony was still opening new servers all they way through and long past the end of the p99 timeline, the last standard rules server opened with the release of the LoY expansion.

Imagine it: No manastones cheesing the ever-living shit out of Sky raids would be pretty cool, and incredibly classic.
Old 07-11-2021, 01:06 PM
Orc

The way I see it, none of the legacy items are necessary to enjoy the game. What I love about the /list system for the legacy items is that it keeps a certain population of the server fixated on those items for days at a time and out of the way of the rest of us that want to try our luck at regular camps with some cash drops without monopolizing it!
Old 07-11-2021, 01:11 PM
Orc

And the other way to look at lists is that if you and let's say 5 other friends each spend 8-10 hours of your life camping the item taking shifts, then decide to sell the item down the road for 600k or whatever stupid price they're going for, you just made 100k for 8-10 hours of play time which is probably one of the best returns on your time 'investment' in this game.
Closed Thread