Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2021, 04:09 PM
Fire Giant

If you can't pull off one 40 hour continuous camp you don't deserve EQ loot
Old 07-19-2021, 04:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you can't pull off one 40 hour continuous camp you don't deserve EQ loot
40 hours is nothing. That's less than two days.
Old 07-19-2021, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

I know who OP is, it's interesting the direction they've taken their forum posting.

The List system was a solution to the problem of specific players and specific guilds manipulating the system. Of course we all knew the ways around /list and it's proven to become reality.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 07-19-2021, 04:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How in the hell would you keep track of how many hours you've been there or how many rolls you've lost? What's stopping me from porting in before the spawn, rolling, getting my random bonus and leaving. Too many holes to your logic and impossible to implement.
You log it in a database.

Porting in to get bonus? It’s a rare drop off a rare spawn that doesn’t live longer than the time it takes to zone in.

Don’t like it then get rid of the bonus and leave it to number hours spent at camp

Just piggyback off the afk system and log every afk check as a bonus.

There’s no holes. Again this has already been done by players for the hierophant camp with a Google spreadsheet.

It’s not impossible to implement. Why are you so pessimistic and hostile to this idea?
Old 07-19-2021, 04:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know who OP is, it's interesting the direction they've taken their forum posting.

The List system was a solution to the problem of specific players and specific guilds manipulating the system. Of course we all knew the ways around /list and it's proven to become reality.
Account sharing via Remote Desktop. No passwords even have to be shared. I’ve heard from some people that share accounts and let their friend play a few hours while they sleep.

It doesn’t have to be this way.

At least with this system everyone can actually get a chance if they put in the time.
Old 07-19-2021, 09:21 PM
Planar Protector

its the last /list camp on green and will be gone sooner or later. I think its to late for changes.

Having said that, I think it would be better if #1 of a loot list would be next in line who gets loot rights to loot the mob who drops the list item. And it dosent matter if the item drops or not. So if you would camp the beads for example and are #1,then you're the next who have the loot rights to loot an elder. Once you looted the elder you drop off the list but have the option to join the list right back.
On this way there would be more randomes, more activ people clearing the camp, chance for casual players to win a list item.

My english sucks but I hope ya know what I am trying to say.
Old 07-19-2021, 09:31 PM
Large Rat

The main problem with the beads list is that the MAJORITY of people on it are low/no activity and just sitting there passing afk checks until its their turn to loot. It would move a lot faster if people stayed active but most people are farming this to $ell so they don't care how long they have to afk there to get it.
Old 07-20-2021, 01:26 AM
Planar Protector

Probably wasting your time expecting them to formulate a new way of handling lists before legacy items are removed
Old 07-20-2021, 12:23 PM
Banned

Lists were designed to reduce staff involvement in those legacy camps. From that perspective /List is a success.

As a function of whether players like /List or not, the population of the server over time has the data to answer that.
Old 07-20-2021, 01:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lists were designed to reduce staff involvement in those legacy camps. From that perspective /List is a success.

As a function of whether players like /List or not, the population of the server over time has the data to answer that.
The population doesn’t say whether or not people like the current list system. I’m not sure how you are making those implications.

The current system is demonstrably unhealthy, and promotes account sharing which I don’t think is against the server rules, but probably should be, just like it was in classic.

You’d be hard pressed to find someone that actually enjoys multiple days of sleep deprivation which is required for some camps. Go to the holgresh beads camp right now and ask anyone on the list if they enjoy it, let me know who you find that actually does.

Regardless, providing a system that is seriously flawed and physically unhealthy goes beyond the question of whether or not people like it. If you enjoy hurting yourself and cheating, by all means go ahead.

There’s a simple and healthier alternative, and if it’s a matter of staff not having the time to implement it, then hell, I’ll code it for them.
Closed Thread