Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2021, 10:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesocyclone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a kid i saw small black creatures behind a table in the den. They terrorized me at night popping out from the shadows.
I have the occasional hallucination. They never last more than a few minutes though. And their really infrequent. And rarely like really waking. So if I see a shadowman I am more curious than afraid and write it off as a spirit or watcher and it's gone.

I jump at more imaginary bugs.

There was this one time death appeared and I was fully alert and there was a hum or vibrations and singing. And so sometimes I wonder if I died and that was one of the tines, and the quantumesque nature of the universe means my conciousness shifted to one of the remaining living states. (Quantum mechanics is BS tho rly)

Anyway. Drugs won't solve my dilemma. They don't even help me sleep and certainly aren't a good way to test death again.

Best to go it God's way stay alive. And stay lucid. I suppose if I was seeing shadowmen every day and I was hurting or terrorized by them, I'd take something to make them stay away.

As it is im more with it, present grounded, and have more accute and accurate perception than most sane cool and normal people.

+7 to spot checks without any skill points invested.

So, nah, I'm not crazy. Just aware, awake, and willing to see what people are afraid to, unable to.
Last edited by starkind; 09-15-2021 at 10:16 PM..
Old 09-15-2021, 10:22 PM
Banned

She won’t get any of the good benzos but ya if she could I’d have the same warnings

What they’d offer for fast acting tx for anxiety that’s non-addictive would be either hydroxizine or vistiril. Both are like a really powerful Benadryl which zonk the person out, so common complaints I hear are people saying they can’t take these to function at a job/school or something, may not be safe to drive on. Could be good for sleep
Old 09-15-2021, 10:23 PM
Planar Protector

I think a big reform should be patient education regarding wtf is going to happen when you stop taking a medication. Patients should be able to weigh that risk as part of informed consent before begining anything their body could form a dependence on.
Old 09-15-2021, 10:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do a little research into benzo withdrawal if you haven't. I've seen that first-hand and it's bad.. One of the few withdrawals that can kill you. It's a great short term drug, but dear god that withdrawal is awful if you form a habit. Takes forever to get back to normal (if you do).

Another issue I have with psych meds is there isn't nearly enough research or support for people weaning off this stuff, should intolerable side effects happen. My ex boyfriend had problems getting his script filled once and the world was spinning while he was driving. Fun stuff. Doctors simply aren't informed most of the time from what I've seen. Fuck effexor.
Why benzo.

What's wrong with a poppy tea or much less potent form?
Old 09-15-2021, 10:25 PM
Planar Protector

As far as medications what are your options? Ssris, benzos, beta blockers

I think benzos when I think antianxiety... Because they work. Just in a kinda poisonous way.
Old 09-15-2021, 10:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
She won’t get any of the good benzos but ya if she could I’d have the same warnings

What they’d offer for fast acting tx for anxiety that’s non-addictive would be either hydroxizine or vistiril. Both are like a really powerful Benadryl which zonk the person out, so common complaints I hear are people saying they can’t take these to function at a job/school or something, may not be safe to drive on. Could be good for sleep
Hydroxazine is an ok sleep aid. Tho fuck relying on it for sleep too.. in liue of alternatives, does fuck all when having a full blown anxiety attack. That's when you need an Ativan and just fucking deal with the situation later.

Obviously u can't be take Ativan every day. Speaking from experience.

One Ativan is enough to let me get a full 8 hrs rest and come out reset and able to look at where I am and what I need to do. Wish I had even two of those each month just incase.

Again 2 Ativan doesn't make the money 90 useless Hydroxazine tabs does.
Old 09-15-2021, 10:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As far as medications what are your options? Ssris, benzos, beta blockers

I think benzos when I think antianxiety... Because they work. Just in a kinda poisonous way.
Effexor is supposed to be forreal.

Withdrawal problems tho.

Anyway I just double up on the camomile lavender tea cuz fuck the VA.

The thing about anxiety is it's not usually an everyday crisis. The meds should be there so the crisis doesn't kill us. Not a fucking daily medication to be addicted to.

Doctors overproscribe and ppl sell Xtra so now no one except the richest ppl with the finest doctors in the coolest jurisdictions get them.

Sorry if you're poor and you where assaulted as a child.
Old 09-15-2021, 10:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have the occasional hallucination. They never last more than a few minutes though. And their really infrequent. And rarely like really waking. So if I see a shadowman I am more curious than afraid and write it off as a spirit or watcher and it's gone.

I jump at more imaginary bugs.

There was this one time death appeared and I was fully alert and there was a hum or vibrations and singing. And so sometimes I wonder if I died and that was one of the tines, and the quantumesque nature of the universe means my conciousness shifted to one of the remaining living states. (Quantum mechanics is BS tho rly)

Anyway. Drugs won't solve my dilemma. They don't even help me sleep and certainly aren't a good way to test death again.

Best to go it God's way stay alive. And stay lucid. I suppose if I was seeing shadowmen every day and I was hurting or terrorized by them, I'd take something to make them stay away.

As it is im more with it, present grounded, and have more accute and accurate perception than most sane cool and normal people.

+7 to spot checks without any skill points invested.

So, nah, I'm not crazy. Just aware, awake, and willing to see what people are afraid to, unable to.
I’ve had a couple too. Had a roommate who bought some shady overseas pharmacy prescription sleep pill, not ambien but something like it. Came from Romania…

Anyway I took it and I had visual hallucinations of seeing shadows running down the walls of the room in patterns. Found them pretty, not frightening

I’ve done mushrooms before and had beautiful visuals from those. Never wanted to try LSD because had always heard there’s a small risk of permanent psychosis, and I’ve seen this occur in 3 different young men in my job. This is where they took lsd once, and months later were still having hallucinations and delusions. But they were also at the age for onset of schizophrenia. So they may have it latent in their dna and the lsd just pulled it out

Either way LSD was just a little too hard for me to try, had friends who have done it many times. I do think I have a strong mind and sometimes wonder how I would fare if poisoned by bath salts or spice, could I try to reason through the hallucinations. Not curious enough to poison myself tho [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-15-2021, 10:42 PM
Banned

So there's the dive reflex. If you are having a crisis, that's an alternative. And usually more effective than the meds.

Just need a bowl of ice and water. Or some icepacks.

Still. There's a few times where that Ativan is going to be the way to go. Especially when it's go home take an Ativan, keep the job.

Or lose the job and end up hospitalized.

Anxiety is different from depression and I believe underlies depressive symptoms in people in denial or repressing that childhood abuse. Who just think their too badass and don't remember breaking down into tears, screaming im sorry and hiding curled in the corner after simply getting asked "how'd your day go". It happens.

That...years ago was a stressful day when I fucked up and made a mistake at work.

I was terrified and ashamed and in reality felt like I was going to get hurt or accidentally hurt someone else and it'd be taken out on me.
Old 09-15-2021, 10:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ve had a couple too. Had a roommate who bought some shady overseas pharmacy prescription sleep pill, not ambien but something like it. Came from Romania…

Anyway I took it and I had visual hallucinations of seeing shadows running down the walls of the room in patterns. Found them pretty, not frightening

I’ve done mushrooms before and had beautiful visuals from those. Never wanted to try LSD because had always heard there’s a small risk of permanent psychosis, and I’ve seen this occur in 3 different young men in my job. This is where they took lsd once, and months later were still having hallucinations and delusions. But they were also at the age for onset of schizophrenia. So they may have it latent in their dna and the lsd just pulled it out

Either way LSD was just a little too hard for me to try, had friends who have done it many times. I do think I have a strong mind and sometimes wonder how I would fare if poisoned by bath salts or spice, could I try to reason through the hallucinations. Not curious enough to poison myself tho [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Id rather the world remain really mundane and boring and play lots of wow. I'm quite biased against stuff like LSD and DMT personally in that regard. Even microdosing seems like it could be unfun.
Closed Thread