Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 02:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So like.. Most folks even casual players will easily top out their PVP gear right? WoW seems refreshing to me as a casual player cause i feel like i can focus more on enjoying the game and improving pvp skills, rather than spending my life attaining gear...
A casual player honestly won't find the dedication to PvP and organizing premade groups and so forth for the numerous weeks of grinding required to get the gear and a weapon like the Unstoppable Force. It really is kind of painful. The other thing to keep in mind is that it will be a few months after release (several months in fact) before the best Battlegrounds and their rewards are even in the game due to staged content introduction.

For myself, I'll take the normal casual route involving gear by joining a smaller guild and focusing on doing the usual BRD / Scholo / Dire Maul runs as well as tradeskill material farming and assisting reliable players with their grinding out Timbermaw & Thorium Brotherhood faction for exceptionally good tradeskill crafted items.

Getting full blues with a couple of lower end epic items isn't hard at all, and they carry a character pretty well. The tier 1.5 armor questline when it's put into the game is very fun and great for casuals that turn their noses up at Molten Core / Blackwing Lair / Onyxia, and Zul Gurub / Ahn Qirij 25 man raiding offers some absolutely excellent gear as well for a smaller body count requirement.

As mentioned above, PvP comes largely down to skill and having comparable gear vs what you're fighting. Having top end isn't necessary. Now, being equipped with Engineering Items and potions vs a foe that doesn't have them is a massive deal in fights. Having those items gives you an edge that can't be ignored.
Old 06-10-2019, 02:18 PM
Banned

yea you are stupid you can just que up and join the BG

wow supports the most casual players of all, but cool post i didnt read

( i read one sentence )
Old 06-10-2019, 03:05 PM
Fire Giant

Okay, a tldr version - Vanilla WoW doesn't have resilience on PvP gear. People who are casual that want to own in PvP don't 'just que BG it's not that hard'. They get rolled by people who PvE and get full gear and then join BG's to farm solo que casual scrubs like the poster above.

Casual players have 2 choices. Get constantly rolled by the premade teams that are using sync BG join launches and waste a hell of a lot of time trying to get anywhere, or they can suck it up and PvE first for the gear that is going to end up matching the Rep vendor trash. My first response was aimed at BigJef, hence my quote, so I'm assuming drugs are what prompted the above poster's "I don't care but care enough to post" drivel.
Old 06-10-2019, 03:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay, a tldr version - Vanilla WoW doesn't have resilience on PvP gear. People who are casual that want to own in PvP don't 'just que BG it's not that hard'. They get rolled by people who PvE and get full gear and then join BG's to farm solo que casual scrubs like the poster above.

Casual players have 2 choices. Get constantly rolled by the premade teams that are using sync BG join launches and waste a hell of a lot of time trying to get anywhere, or they can suck it up and PvE first for the gear that is going to end up matching the Rep vendor trash. My first response was aimed at BigJef, hence my quote, so I'm assuming drugs are what prompted the above poster's "I don't care but care enough to post" drivel.
Hahaha thank you Nega! I never did the 25man raids.. I was always the dude who que'd for everything.. BG's and Dungeons haha.. thank you for clarifying!! Sounds like i'll follow the route of enjoying PVE for a bit!!! The more thought i put into this, the more excited i'm getting!

Ps- Ignore the little fat guy trolling. According to him, he's the richest, most attractive, most healthy individual in the universe. Seems believable.
Old 06-10-2019, 06:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

yea you just kill someone not looking, sorry you have no pvp experience and TLDR Everything

also dum
Old 06-24-2019, 01:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WoW seems refreshing to me as a casual player cause i feel like i can focus more on enjoying the game

threads over folks thanks for coming
Old 07-26-2019, 05:09 PM
Banned

Neato!! Account stolen about 10 years ago, is back!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-26-2019, 07:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Neato!! Account stolen about 10 years ago, is back!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty sure that Blizzard had their user account database compromised twice before they switched to Battle.net centralization, and a limited compromise once during the early stage of the new Battle.net. I kept getting Emails from the legitimate Blizzard customer service about my two accounts that I sold back during the Trial of the Crusader patch during WoTLK. They made me smile and I kept deleting them. I'd closed my checking account used to pay for those accounts anyway.

Congrats on getting the account back though. Horde is where the fun will be.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Horde is where the fun will be.
I honestly don't know how people enjoy

1. Playing alliance
2. Having pink haired gnomes as allies
3. Alliance zones... horde much better.

Maybe they'll even fix Stolen Silver in the barrens for once.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I honestly don't know how people enjoy

1. Playing alliance
2. Having pink haired gnomes as allies
3. Alliance zones... horde much better.

Maybe they'll even fix Stolen Silver in the barrens for once.
I play alliance for westfall, deadmines, elwynn, redridge, wetlands

No horde zones even compare
Closed Thread